Boot Review - Scheels Crispi Summit

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
As some of you know, I have what is commonly known as "tenderfoot." I sadly looked into the rearview to see my danner pronghorns of 13 years, taking a backseat to the next set of hunting footwear. I tried getting irish setters that basically have very little breaking in to perform. At $140, they were quite affordable if they worked out. They didn't. Massive blisters after only a couple miles. I took them back to scheels and left with more questions than answers.

After doing some more research and opening up the wallet a bit more. I decided to try the Crispi Summits. The main goal is for a boot with little insulation for early season upland and deer hunting. After taking the dog on a few walks, the boots created no issues with my feet. The real test would be opening day of pheasant season. I walked uneven terrain and cattails for almost seven miles. Still, at the end of the day, No issues with my feet. I think I love these boots.

I do have to note, I ordered myself a pair of custom orthotics (perks of the job) and those seem to really make the boot stand apart from the rest. What I found out while measuring my feet, is that my foot may be a 10.5, my arch is an 11.5. So, any orthotic would have probably worked, but since I have a foot levelers machine in the office paired with a pretty significant discount, I pulled the trigger.

All in all, I recommend the boot.

http://www.scheels.com/p/mens-crispi-summit-gtx-6-quot;-boot/15285-7900.html?cgid=footwear

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I almost bought them boots a couple weeks ago. I decided to go with the kenetrek mountain extremes. After rolling my ankles 6 times in the last year with cheaper boots I needed a change. I have about 14 miles on them and have been nothing but happy. The ankle support is awsome. Every time I put them on they are more comfortable than the last.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I almost bought them boots a couple weeks ago. I decided to go with the kenetrek mountain extremes. After rolling my ankles 6 times in the last year with cheaper boots I needed a change. I have about 14 miles on them and have been nothing but happy. The ankle support is awsome. Every time I put them on they are more comfortable than the last.

It takes about 50 miles to break those damn things in. Mine are finally feeling pretty good after a couple seasons. Mine burned up the calcaneus part of my heal really bad right away. I had to put tape over it so it slid in the sock/sock liner.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. My US made Danner Canadians were awesome until I wore the eyelets out of them. Ergo, I would buy the Canadians over the Kenetreks if I could do it all over again. Same price.

Last edited:

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard good reviews from buddies who have the Crispi's, may purchase a pair someday to add to my boot collection. Like Larry Potterfield says...how many boots does one man need?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pass me a pair of Meindl Denali's please.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems the crsipi have had problems with the rands and eye loops few different threads on rokslide. My meindls have been good to me but I will have to try a pair of Kenny's and Crispi being a gear whore I am

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems the crsipi have had problems with the rands and eye loops few different threads on rokslide. My meindls have been good to me but I will have to try a pair of Kenny's and Crispi being a gear whore I am

I have Kenny-Mountain Hikers. Pass me the Meindls.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have the kene mtn extremes and Crispi Hunter gtx. If I had to pick between the two it would be the gtx every time. The kene's are tough but more like a ski boot, just allot stiffer. Seems Crispi and zamberlan fit allot alike. I have some lowa ranger gtx that are allot like your summits that I really like as well. Well made boot.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been looking at getting a set of Crispi boots for pheasant hunting. How have you guys liked them to this point?

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got the crispi guide gtx this summer. I have goofy feet so one seems to fit different then the other. Seem to have some heel slip so I have tried a few different lacing techniques. No blisters but havent really put the miles on them yet either. I will report back after the season is over.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Crispi west river after one season of use. Looks like the rand on the Summit is similar- scary. Besides that great boot. West River Crispi.jpg

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've put my Crispi Idaho GTXs through two 10-day+ backcountry elk hunts and numerous other smaller hunts, and they've held up quite well. I used to get blisters on my heels all the time. Not with these boots. However, around the same time I got the new boots, I found I need to lace them up about as tight as I can. That really helps for the steep up and downhill.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see Scheels has the West River line on sale for $250. Does anyone on here have a pair? If so what are your thoughts? Looking to replace a pair of old Pronghorns.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
no first hand experience but they have to be better than the pronghorns

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
no first hand experience but they have to be better than the pronghorns

Any pronghorn other than the first 2 years of manufacturing are complete dog shit and was the downfall of danner imo

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
American made danners work great never a problem the (other danners) are junk.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought some skarpas and they are nice. Very light, breathable , and gore Tex.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to size up for the scarpa shoes i got and they were narrow do the boots run the same

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member

Let me know when you are able to roll your ankle in the kenetrek. I've tried everything possible with them and have yet to have that issue anymore!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84