Boot Review - Scheels Crispi Summit

troutslayer

Another vote for the Meindl Denali's. Going on year 5 with mine with 1-2 trips per year into the mountains elk hunting and various badlands trips. Even though they are non-insulated, my feet very rarely get cold in them with a wool sock.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another good shoe was Ecco. Handmade in Portugal. It's a dress shoe not a hunting boot and walking through buckbrush will eat away the thread holding the top on. So I poured orilla glue over the seam. Bubbled up and made a nice seal but looked like shit. We were hunting pigs in Texas and the landowner said you guys think we are the rednecks.

Was in Scheels talking about this very thing. Why do companies hook us with a great product and then outsource? Started bragging up Ecco and the salesman laughed. Look here......made in Czechoslovakia.

I don't think I'd say that Czeck manufacture is inferior to Portuguese. Some pretty good stuff coming out of both countries. Browning/Winchester Semi-Auto shotguns are made in Belgium and assembled in Port. Meopta optics are Czeck.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone try the Crispi Titan GTX? It is exclusive to Midway USA. Can’t find any reviews on them but they seem to be somewhat equivalent to the Guide GTX but one step lower in stiffness and I think the leather is a bit thinner. Both of these differences saves some weight. Also $150 cheaper than the Guides.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to beat a dead horse here but I have decided to do the Perfekt hunters but not sure which ones? Is there any reason to do the Extremes with the rand all the way around them of I don't hunt much for rocky terrain? They are resoleable but not sure if the boots would be shot by the time they would need soles.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88