bow steps

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who's using them? I'm looking for some for my skeeter. I think they work pretty slick. Went to river city to order some 8 to ten weeks and seven hundred bucks.OUCH! Wondering what everyone is using, seen the easy step system looked alright. Ezee step doesn't look bad either but kind of spendy too. North country marine has some but theirs are for yarcraft said they might fit but I'd have to bring boat up there so that's the plan when I get time to run up there. In mean time wonderin if anyone has any other ideas.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are talking about steps mounted on the trailer, they are AWESOME!

I don't have them on my boat trailer, but I do on the Toon trailer and it is amazing how much I use/like/need them. So much that I am thinking my next boat will have them as well!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use them on my Yar trailer every day my boat is in use and nearly every time I climb in at home. The EZ steps are a slightly better product IMHO due to adjustable grab pole and more aggressive step pads for the days where your shoes are likely wet. Worth every penny.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got a new Yarcraft with the step option on the trailer. They are one of the best things I have bought in a long time, especially if you fish alone some of the time. I would guess you could make the one's North Country has work on most trailers, but may require some slight modifications.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Note on the bow steps, make damn sure you cover them well in non-slip tape! The ones on my Toon's trailer were downright dangerous until I added some more non-slip tape I just happened to have around. The problem is that the steps are steep and the edges are well rounded. So they were a hazard and a half. I came down them a little faster than I cared for one day after a couple of close calls and shut down everything else I was doing to fix them. The little non-slip pieces they had in the middle of the step were worthless, they need it all the way out to the edge given the steepness of the steps.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Went to river city to order some 8 to ten weeks and seven hundred bucks.OUCH! Wondering what everyone is using, seen the easy step system looked alright.

Wish I was closer to you guys, I could fab some up for less than half of that in a couple of days.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was told, when I looked into the ones from River City that the biggest expense was shipping em.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish I was closer to you guys, I could fab some up for less than half of that in a couple of days.

You'd be rich. Make them out of square T304L tubing, and make a LOT of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Note on the bow steps, make damn sure you cover them well in non-slip tape! The ones on my Toon's trailer were downright dangerous until I added some more non-slip tape I just happened to have around. The problem is that the steps are steep and the edges are well rounded. So they were a hazard and a half. I came down them a little faster than I cared for one day after a couple of close calls and shut down everything else I was doing to fix them. The little non-slip pieces they had in the middle of the step were worthless, they need it all the way out to the edge given the steepness of the steps.

Wonder if it would be dumb to drill some holes and put some bolts through them? Nice grippy bolt-heads.

That tape, in the weather and water, is eventually going to start peeling off.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here you go. :;:cheers

ez step.jpg

https://www.easystepsystem.com/index.php

Skeeter Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the "Bow Step" for my ZX2050 Skeeter. Couldn't work the crank for the winch from inside the boat because of the bowmount trolling motor. Always had to hang over the side and feel for the trailer frame and walk up to the front to winch on the boat. Got a bow step on amazon for under $300 and mounted it on and works great.

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the "Bow Step" for my ZX2050 Skeeter. Couldn't work the crank for the winch from inside the boat because of the bowmount trolling motor. Always had to hang over the side and feel for the trailer frame and walk up to the front to winch on the boat. Got a bow step on amazon for under $300 and mounted it on and works great.

What did you search for didn't have any luck finding any on amazon or ebay

- - - Updated - - -

(Drivenmarine) Do you have a pic of them on your trailer? NCM said theis are made for easy loader trailers and that's what mine is. They said it would just depend on how far boat sat up on trailer

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What did you search for didn't have any luck finding any on amazon or ebay

- - - Updated - - -

(Drivenmarine) Do you have a pic of them on your trailer? NCM said theis are made for easy loader trailers and that's what mine is. They said it would just depend on how far boat sat up on trailer

https://www.qualitymarkinc.com/bow-step

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35