Broken collarbone

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kids are tough - thank goodness.
Dangerous games/hobbies teach things that "safe sports" simply can't. That is - there's a price to be paid if you make mistakes and that you CAN get stomped on by real life. But you also recover after being stomped on by life.

Video games and flag football just don't quite get that message across.

Note: Head/brain injuries are unacceptable IMO. Don't let that happen.
Too late for both of us lol.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speedy recovery for your son - but - kids are kids, they gonna get banged up.
My niece son broke his arm twice before the age of 9....he doesn't know when to quit...lol...Her 12 yr broke his arm this summer, bucked off a horse, he opted out of playing football this fall, he's more into hockey, smart move to give the arm a rest and heal.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not to down play it by any means, but he will grow from this. Life is never perfect for ANYONE. We all get hit with life challenges and setbacks. My son broke hit leg his junior year during the last practice before the first football game. He was able to come back right before basketball season only to tear his ACL during the regional semi-final game. The technique they used didn't last long and had to remove tendon from his other leg to fix it the 2nd time. He love football and basketball and only saw the court his senior year with limited time. But it has made him determined to complete 4 year degree in 3 years and is a great hunting/fishing buddy, great husband and now an expecting father. (y)

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
My middle child broke his collarbone in a football game this evening. At least it looks that way. We are still waiting in the ER. I told my oldest that there is no reason to play football until about your sophomore year. It stuck with him and now he runs x-country instead, but it didn’t resinate with this one.

He’s pretty sour that he’ll miss a handful of weeks of basketball practice, plus youth deer season, but he’ll be alright.
My kid managed to break his wrist running x-country a few years back, so don't hold your breath:)

Best wishes to your son.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
He should be fine in the end and a little tougher for it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76