Cancel your Scheels Card

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for reviving this thread I thought about doing it yesterday. So nothing from Scheels on this huh? The retailers need to refuse Citi cards use in their stores. Well the ones that sell guns I mean. Put signs up all over stating why. Screw em. I don't have a scheels card but I will be cutting my citi card up.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
do CC companies make money off of customers who pay their balance off every month?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
do CC companies make money off of customers who pay their balance off every month?

I think they charge the store somewhere between 1 and 2.5% on each transaction. If you pay a bill that is $100 the restaurant only gets $97.50 to $99 dollars and the card company gets the rest.

If you do not pay the balance every month the store/restaurant gets their money and the cc company charges an exorbitant interest on the balance owed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fordboy

I'm guessing scheels hasn't switched banks for the cc yet? Plan on stopping there tomorrow to pick some stuff up just wondering if the bank still has same stance yet. If not will have to use cabelas card unless that bank has same type of deal then on to my debt card

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I followed up with Scheels a few weeks ago and they said their contract with First Bank runs for another couple of years and they will reevaluate at that time. I am in the process of switching to a Cabelas card. It's a shame they are choosing to indirectly support this bullshit.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Cabelas card and was told it is changing. They did not know what card yet but said it will be later in the year. Guessing it will be combo card Bass Pro Cabelas. Wonder which bank?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they charge the store somewhere between 1 and 2.5% on each transaction. If you pay a bill that is $100 the restaurant only gets $97.50 to $99 dollars and the card company gets the rest.

If you do not pay the balance every month the store/restaurant gets their money and the cc company charges an exorbitant interest on the balance owed.

Yes, the seller/retailer pays a percent to the cc company. It varies from card to card. American Express and Discover are the highest, I believe. I'm not talking about their interest rates to the consumer. This service/transaction fee comes out of the monies that are collected by the seller.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see an opportunity for a company to cater to the silent majority here. Let all these big corps drop NRA and be anti 2A. It will bite them in the ass when everyone stops doing business with them. I've cancelled everything except my cabelas card at this point.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, the seller/retailer pays a percent to the cc company. It varies from card to card. American Express and Discover are the highest, I believe. I'm not talking about their interest rates to the consumer. This service/transaction fee comes out of the monies that are collected by the seller.

At least in my case and I think in most the processing fee is about 3%. That is the 3rd party fee, not sure what the CC companies charge but I'm sure it's something. Which on the surface does add up and kind of sucks for those of us who sit here and add up totals everyday but there is also something nice about the fact that we know we will get that money. ATM fees are much higher to the consumer and having that money sent straight to the bank saves on our workload a bit and is safer than hauling cash around. Personal checks are pretty much done for other than mailing in bills. As far as restaurants and other stores go bad checks aren't worth the risk. These days if a business allowed everyone who asked to write a check do so half would come back bad. Blame it on what we want but a general lack of enforcement has led to bum checks not being much of a big deal anymore. Many companies charge an extra 3% to cover the fee, I try and not use the business card at those places, the way I look at it is what's the point of getting points/cash back if I'm now charged for them? Anyway i can only speak for my business but in the last 10 years credit/debit card use has went from about 10% to 85-90% of all sales. I'm not sure if it's convienent or scary that cash may soon be obsolete.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like Cabelas and Wells Fargo are the only ones holding firm.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in Fargo's Scheels earlier in the week. Looking into buying some golf clubs. The guy in the golf dept. was giving me the "scheels card" spiel for the savings, points etc. I informed him I wouldn't be doing a scheels card due to their affiliation with an anti gun card issuer. He pleasantly STFU.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use my scheels card for motels and fuel when working. I used to get all sorts of $25 gift cards, but now I can't remember the last time that I got one. I thought all purchases made those happen, not just purchases at scheels? Maybe wife and kids have been pilfering them. :;:huh;:;banghead

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he told me three points for every dollar spent. Every 2500 points is worth a $25 gift card if I recall.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use my scheels card for motels and fuel when working. I used to get all sorts of $25 gift cards, but now I can't remember the last time that I got one. I thought all purchases made those happen, not just purchases at scheels? Maybe wife and kids have been pilfering them. :;:huh;:;banghead

I have the same thing happening I have been waiting to cancel my card until after I cleared my points out but haven't received a gift card since I sent them a email letting them know my disapproval with the gun stance

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the same thing happening I have been waiting to cancel my card until after I cleared my points out but haven't received a gift card since I sent them a email letting them know my disapproval with the gun stance
your on the list now

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any update on this issue? Gotta keep calling them and tell them what you think, no different than Nike in my opinion

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any update on this issue? Gotta keep calling them and tell them what you think, no different than Nike in my opinion

Scheels has a contract with this financial institution and can’t legally back out of the deal without getting sued for breach of contract. Or something like that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28