Computers and Laptops

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When they work their wonderful, but when they don't ;:;banghead . Been off line for 10 days but only to NDA. It would not let me in no how, also lost my favorites bar so had to type in every thing I wanted to go to. Took it to the computer fix it guy and told us our hard drive was shot. 150.00 fix but I'am back and all my stuff is still here :;:thumbsup thank the lord. It seems every time windows 10 up grades it self is when I have trouble, its just a Dell laptop from Wal-mart and the fix-it guy told us the hard drive will only last about three years. Any input would be helpful because I am not that knowledgeable to the computer world hell I still use a 10 year old flip phone. Thanks in advance LBrandt.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
call Jeff at Bitz Communications in Minot. He'll get you set up with a Lenovo. Best damned computers there are aside from the alienware gaming computers. I'm guessing that since you still use a 10 year old flip phone you won't be needing a gaming computer. He's pretty good on his prices and his customer service is top notch. I bought my last laptop from him. Made the switch from HP to Lenovo and now I'll never look back...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mac ends all BS, they just work. No viruses, no endless updates, when you do need to preform an update, everything works. Our Mac is 6-7yrs old and is as fast as the day I 1st turned it on.

NDHick

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mac ends all BS, they just work. No viruses, no endless updates, when you do need to preform an update, everything works. Our Mac is 6-7yrs old and is as fast as the day I 1st turned it on.
Second this. My wife drug me to a Mac about 12 years ago and we have bought more but the old one still works as good as it did on day 1.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just bought a MacBook Pro a few weeks ago and will never go back to anything else. Had an HP laptop for about the last 7-8 years that was the cats ass when it was bought new but what a POS that HP turned out to be. Went through 2 hard drives and I don't know how many other times I took it in to Bitz in Minot for repairs. Should have thrown it away about 5 years ago when Jeff told me to when the first hard drive went out.

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Computers can be a pain if you don't know the in and outs of them, I know enough to have an A+ certification. I've had hard drives crash on me too. I run an external hard drives on my towers, save all my work and stuff on that hard drive, if the hard drive in the tower happens to take a shit...all my work and etc is saved on the external.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are some people that don't need a computer as all they do is surf the internet, post on Nodak and answer emails. These people should consider just getting a tablet.

TheWalleye

Honored Member
Mac's are overpriced as all hell. If you're basically just going to surf the internet put Linux on it. Whoever told you HDD only last 3 years is apparently in the business of crappy hardware. My kids all use computers that are between 5 and 10 years old - original components in all of them. Although most are running Linux due to windows xp hitting end of life. Computers tend to last longer too if you conduct routine maintenance like getting the dust out and just general file maintenance.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you switch to Linux? How much computer knowledge is required to use it once you have it?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dual os will be the future for now imo. Alot of tablets run windows 10 and android.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31