Crazy Hunter Harassment Duck Hunting In North Dakota (Game Warden Involved!)

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
after a long narrative, the affidavit of PC on wolf concludes, "because defendant was specifically told not to go near jeffrey's property and did, I believe that gives rise to probable cause to charge defendant with:... criminal trespass-notice against trespass..."

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
after a long narrative, the affidavit of PC on wolf concludes, "because defendant was specifically told not to go near jeffrey's property and did, I believe that gives rise to probable cause to charge defendant with:... criminal trespass-notice against trespass..."
Gonna be kinda hard to make that stick isn't it? Didn't the landowner let them hunt for two more days after the video was shot?

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna be kinda hard to make that stick isn't it? Didn't the landowner let them hunt for two more days after the video was shot?
A way for G&F to pacify the landowner community, some of which, support Jeff. G&F is caught in the middle here. Criminal tresspass won't stick, aim for a deferred imposition kid and it won't even show on your record. Good luck.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to the GF Herald Dustin Wolf, I assume one of the hunters was charged with criminal trespass ?
Criminal trespass?!?!?!? Unless the landowner of the beans wanted to press charges how could they bring that charge? Why only charge one of the kids?

badlands13

Established Member
A way for G&F to pacify the landowner community, some of which, support Jeff. G&F is caught in the middle here. Criminal tresspass won't stick, aim for a deferred imposition kid and it won't even show on your record. Good luck.
So you want punish someone just to appease others?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am guessing they picked dustin because he was the one who had the actual conversation with the other landowner... who, by the way, shares the same last name as jeffrey... who apparently did tell him not to go near or to stay away from jeff's land. i touched on this before. i am not sure i would equate that statement that i couldn't hunt the field edge. i would equate it more to "don't be stupid enough to hunt jeff's land too".

the APC also touches on the blind grass touching the corn and how the corn/bean field crop edge isn't a legally justifiable boundary to determine a trespass. yet, continues to conclude as i posted above. which seems a bit strange to me.

i don't see this one sticking at all TBH. and i do think it was a way to appease some folks. but, also not surprised.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the video, Jeffy clearly says NO you're not when questioned if they were on his land. Which is why they should have just moved the blind a few feet over. I may be wrong but if someone tells you to leave their land, and you do, you can't be criminally trespassed.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
My big question is, how do you charge someone with harassing a hunt, then charge the hunters with criminal trespass? If they were criminally trespassing, wouldn't that take away their right to hunt undisturbed? If they were charged with trespassing, then they wouldn't be considered "hunters" they would be considered "trespassers", right?

The prosecutors charges seem to show that both parties were legal and illegal at the same time. It doesn't make sense to me.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe somewhere in the uncut footage, Wolf is seen actually on the corn? The hearings will be interesting, that's for sure.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i agree with aaron that if they were actually trespassing on JEFF'S land, the harassment falls flat on its face. however, the charge isn't for trespassing on Jeff's land. it appears to charge him with trespassing on the land they were actually hunting by being close to jeffs land when he was told not to be. seems weak. and if its being done to appease someone knowing full well it has very little legal merit, its also unethical of the SA.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't a duck, or two fall over into the corn? Maybe he carried his shotgun going over to pick them up? Just spitballing here, but this one little event where morons met has really captivated the attention of hunters and landowners alike.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i also gotta add... other than the little quip "no. your are not.", jeff appears pretty adamant there is some sort of trespass going on... even if its just blind grass touching his corn. he is so adamant about it, he calls the game warden. whether correct or not, if he honestly believed they were trespassing, that might be a defense to the harassment charge.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
its public record. so, i see no reason a fella can't share it on a public forum. so, i will try take a snippet tool thingy of the APC statement and the complaint as it relates to dustin. he is definitely being charged with trespass for not heading the warning to stay away from jeff's land... as weird as it may seem.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20221103_013926.png

Screenshot_20221103_014053.png

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should weigh in here with my legal opinion.

But it just might overwhelm some of you guys. I wouldn't want you guys to get embarrassed at work from tearing up - so I'll abstain.

I rest my case.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't wait to try to hunt near Jeffery's land, this should be goose lake all over again. He gonna have a coronary! ...rofl...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone should park on his approach and film the duck and geese flying around. Then keep recording when he shows up.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not a lawyer, but is it possible for the cousin/nephew to press charges a couple of days after. That could explain letting them hunt more until he found out the shitshow they caused for his family with this video and not listening to him originally.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14