Crazy Hunter Harassment Duck Hunting In North Dakota (Game Warden Involved!)

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am not sure the cousin is pursuing this. he certainly does not need to be in order for charges to get filed. its the state v. wolf. not cousin v. wolf. although, "victim" wishes or input often play a major role in decision making, those wishes are not the ultimate determining factor. prosecutors will often pursue charges despite victim input as long as they believe a law has been broken. obviously, they will also often dismiss charges despite the same if they don't think they can prove a crime has been committed. but, read the statutory language at the top of the complaint... i just don't see it fitting the factual basis laid out in paragraphs 3 & 4.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the cousin says the went against his wishes, and the court is able to define how far "near" is relative to Jeff's land, maybe that is what the charge is. Doubt it would stick and its a waste of time and money if they only brought it forth to save face with those on Jeff's side.

If the charge is trespassing for hunting too close to posted land, that's a big WTF for me.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who knew asking for permission would be this much work! Sad what a guy has to do to hunt nowadays! Might as well stick to water on WPA’s to avoid the hassle!

Dusting stated in the video that he tried to ask for permission from Jeff but he wasn’t home either time he tried. Instead of hunting in the middle of the field they still set up on the edge. Big mistake potentially for Dustin. The landowner telling him to not set up on the edge is like the landowner telling him what areas he can hunt and which ones he can’t. Disobey the wishes of the landowner and you no longer have permission. Did he knowingly do it? Yes. Did he refuse to leave when confronted? No because the landowner prob didn’t find out until they were done. Will this hold up in court? Who knows.

The other hunters were probably not charged because they did not knowingly trespassing on the land because Dustin set it all up.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
again, assuming this is the conversation... "don't go near jeff's land without his permission."....

i don't take the word "near" in that sentence literally. as i said before, if i was the person with permission, i would equate it to something like, "just cause you have permission for my land, doesn't give you permission for jeff's land. so, don't go "near" (as in don't be dumb enough to actually go on his land) it without permission."

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am only going off my own experience where I’ve told pheasant hunters to stay way from the timber draw as that’s where I bowhunt. I would assume if I had trail camera pictures of them in there I could charge them for trespassing. That is what this reminds me of, cousin said to stay away from Jeff’s land, hunters didn’t listen and set up as physically close as they could, then didn’t move after being confronted and now it’s turned into a mess. All I can do is speculate though and try to understand it.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
This can now be summed up very easily.

Both sides were in the wrong.
Youtube boy should have burned the tape, instead of posting it online for sympathy, money, and likes.
ND hunter/landowner relations just took a big kick in the nuts.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
none of this is doing a hunter or land owner any good.

Wonder if sweere will let dustin have some of his "youtube" money to pay the fine.

In the end Jeff gets an attorney and gets rid of the charges, Sweere goes out and blows the funds on more huntin stuff and dustin ends up paying the fine.

Hey just a Q ---- the warden said they would just get a ticket for some kind of tresspassing that was just a fine. Was it the same that got charged?

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
1666993204013.png
Now this is classic!!

Lisbonbirds

I agree the farmer was a total ass but the hunters were dicks for setting their blind right to the edge and possibly on the farmers land. You would have to ask the farmer why he didn't and also ask the hunters why they didn't. I assume the hunters were out earlier than the farmer to beat anyone else to the spot they wanted to set up. I also assume since it was the farmers land he intended to hunt felt he did not have to rush to set up and when he got there they were already set up.
But they weren't on the farmers land, or hunting over his land. They were posted up on the edge, and not on his property.

Hawk67

Just to protect my fellow sportsmen and women, if ever in Pick City in the summer don’t park on the west of the blue pole barn that is east of Scott’s Bait and Tackle. It maybe to close to a non democrats property.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDK if views on this site count toward his total. The kid rubs me as weasley and entitled so I won't be feeding his channel. No sympathy for the "non-Democrat". The more I watch/read the more it seems a hitjob.

Last edited:

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
He didn’t address Dustin’s charges in the video so that makes this seem misleading…..

In the end the MN YouTuber gets off and the ND kid gets the charges. So who to hate on now……?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a feeling that in the end of this mess, we will all agree that have all been had from someone searching for fame. Hunters, landowners and youtubers alike

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone is after something in life, the search is a rough and rocky road and a slippery slope.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the record: I'll "hate", "etc" my "neighbor" for giving quarter to Carl Marx/communism, amoralism, situational morality and double standards. Within my ability and means I'll do "battle" rhetorically and the ballot box .

I've had just enough to don my armband and discourage young women from STEM. When I get back a "woman" will need to teach me how to use a utensil and laundry detergent as "men" are stupid.

Sorry for the tangent. Great Artic/Jack London tune (everyone on NDA should be Jack London "well read"; it's much more than "White Fang" and "Call Of The Wild"):

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79