Crazy Hunter Harassment Duck Hunting In North Dakota (Game Warden Involved!)

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
1666752807591.png
If your 1st name is Jim or Rocky it might be you

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW OK I've had enough of this one sided story. The kid set up on a goose hunt right in Mankato MN and shot towards a house and peppered a house and supposedly hit a man inside the house. He was charged with a felony but got off on lesser charges under conditions of no more violations . Court records show he was only convicted of fishing with one too many fishing lines while on probation so his record was cleared. It's all out there , Google it. We don't need this trash coming here causing problems and screwing up what little access we have left in our state. We have enough problems as it is. Again , not sticking up for madman but i think they purposely poked the bear for fame and fortune and we've all been had.
The video shows this is not a one sided story ! Hunter harassment is against the law for a reason! I don’t care what the hunter’s past is, these kids were in the right.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
From my experience with any handheld gps is plus or minus about 2-3 yards. I’ve saved gps points on planted trees on onX and then when going back to them they were off by feet. I’m not saying it’s not damn close but it’s not perfect by any means. Like I mentioned earlier, no excuse for the landowners actions but it’s also not to say the hunters were not actually on his property and it doesn’t matter if it’s 1 foot or 100 feet it’s still trespassing.
On X is all hunters have to go off of. No game warden is going to require you to get a survey done. Game wardens also rely on OnX to know if you are trespassing. There is a reason these guys were not fined for trespassing! It’s not trespassing unless you can prove they intended and were actually trespassing.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get permission to hunt some land but are unable to secure permission to hunt all surrounding parcels for 1 square mile then you never really had permission at all and should just go fishing or stay home and “drink coffee”.
The end

Surely you jest, but... when we were kids, my brother got busted by Tribal game and fish for trespassing. The thing is, he wasn't trespassing. He was set up on a stock dam on private land where he had permission. The stock dam opened onto a bigger slough, with the property line being about 20 yards into that slough.
This went to court, and the tribal "judge" found that they were trying to "lure" ducks off of tribal land and charged them with this obviously bullshit offense and some small fine. Chew on that concept for a while...

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is, there is no other repercussions for them. I'm sure that guy has been doing this to people unchecked for years. As much as I think he deserved some free dental work, most people aren't going to jeopardize their future by assaulting the guy. Showing the world a person being a prick isn't cancel culture. It's not like it happened 30 years ago and someone is just bringing it up. It's what the dude is doing currently and he deserves to be held accountable for his actions. If the law won't do it and you can't adjust his attitude the good ol' fashioned way, this is a way to let other people see his bullshit.
Exactly this needs to be dealt with and these dickheads exposed otherwise this stuff will keep happening!

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, not even about hunting anymore. Just bait some dumb ass landowner in and make a video.

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
They didn’t bait no one! Got permission
I agree the farmer was a total ass but the hunters were dicks for setting their blind right to the edge and possibly on the farmers land. You would have to ask the farmer why he didn't and also ask the hunters why they didn't. I assume the hunters were out earlier than the farmer to beat anyone else to the spot they wanted to set up. I also assume since it was the farmers land he intended to hunt felt he did not have to rush to set up and when he got there they were already set up.
you can hunt anywhere on a piece of land if you have permission on it. It’s not like they upwinded the landowner because he was there first. These kids set up first who cares what the landowner intended to hunt .

The local kid scouted the land for 4 weeks. He even tried to knock on that landowners door 2 times, but that landowner said that wasn’t enough effort!

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cancel culture just doesnt do it for me. What generation started the cancels?

I have seen a million videos on the "not fishing the docks" to "not fishing on the private land" and more. i am just not impressed. Even though I have enough ass chewings. I am not going to film the guy and put it on you tube. Now with that said the warden --- thats a different beast. Film him all you like as he is going to be the dude that doles out a ticket.
You are a snowflake if you think this is cancel culture! Shit like this needs to be exposed before it ends up being another make up poor me trespassing story that never happened!

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
On X is all hunters have to go off of. No game warden is going to require you to get a survey done. Game wardens also rely on OnX to know if you are trespassing. There is a reason these guys were not fined for trespassing! It’s not trespassing unless you can prove they intended and were actually trespassing.
So if onx says that your tree that is next to your neighbors property is on the neighbors property they can cut it down or if there is a deer on the opposite side of the fence but onx says it is on the other landowners land are you going to shoot it? I'm not saying I would have done anything different than what the hunters did and i've done things like that before, but what i'm getting at is don't always rely on onx to tell you exactly where you are. It's a nice tool for sure but you can't treat landowners differently than you would treat your own lot in a town.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Embarrassing all the way around.

Posting crap like that confrontation on youtube does neither side any good in the long run. It just creates sides that are further apart.

Sign of the times I guess.
Nah this just exposes one side for their out of line actions. Without the video it would have been a he said she said story. This video shows exactly what happened!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly this needs to be dealt with and these dickheads exposed otherwise this stuff will keep happening!

You are a snowflake if you think this is cancel culture! Shit like this needs to be exposed before it ends up being another make up poor me trespassing story that never happened!
The Snowflake --- is the one that cant handle the farmer yelling. Like i have said before - what the farmer did imo wasnt even close to the ass chewings i have recieved. The farmer in this case is joke. The cam man is too-- Snowflake report by a guy who shot at a house and hit someone no less. All i can do is laugh.

Its amazing how soft people are getting.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if onx says that your tree that is next to your neighbors property is on the neighbors property they can cut it down or if there is a deer on the opposite side of the fence but onx says it is on the other landowners land are you going to shoot it? I'm not saying I would have done anything different than what the hunters did and i've done things like that before, but what i'm getting at is don't always rely on onx to tell you exactly where you are. It's a nice tool for sure but you can't treat landowners differently than you would treat your own lot in a town.
Big difference between planting trees on your land and hunting in the country side! I would survey my land before putting up a fence or trees, hunting no way. I will for sure rely on OnX to know where I can hunt or where I can’t! Game wardens use it especially out west, and it protects the Hunter and the landowner. We have to rely on digital posting now too so we have to trust it.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Snowflake --- is the one that cant handle the farmer yelling. Like i have said before - what the farmer did imo wasnt even close to the ass chewings i have recieved. The farmer in this case is joke. The cam man is too-- Snowflake report by a guy who shot at a house and hit someone no less. All i can do is laugh.

Its amazing how soft people are getting.
No one deserves an illegal ass chewing from a landowner. Far from being a snowflake. Ass chewing was no where near warranted

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big difference between planting trees on your land and hunting in the country side! I would survey my land before putting up a fence or trees, hunting no way. I will for sure rely on OnX to know where I can hunt or where I can’t! Game wardens use it especially out west, and it protects the Hunter and the landowner. We have to rely on digital posting now too so we have to trust it.
You can trust it and rely on it all you want, doesn't mean it is right. Land you own is no different on your lot in town or 2,000 acres in the country, you can't treat it any differently. All i'm saying is the hunters didn't know for positive whos land they were on if they were only going off of onx. Drive highway 200 by arroda lakes and look at that sign along the highway. How would you feel if you were that landowner.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can trust it and rely on it all you want, doesn't mean it is right. Land you own is no different on your lot in town or 2,000 acres in the country, you can't treat it any differently. All i'm saying is the hunters didn't know for positive whos land they were on if they were only going off of onx. Drive highway 200 by arroda lakes and look at that sign along the highway. How would you feel if you were that landowner.
For those of us who have no idea what you mean with the sign thing, could you elaborate?

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have come across some areas like you say that onx has it labeled as public but it is not. In my case I visited with the landowner to figure it out. But also found a spot where landowner fenced off a portion of public. I believe onx will stand behind their product if it does end up in court.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those of us who have no idea what you mean with the sign thing, could you elaborate?
Onx claims there is a chunk of public ground on the north side of Arroda lakes, it isn't public ground and instead private from everything I have found and my years of going off of plat guides. There is a large sign painted saying that it is private ground and no hunting right off of the highway. I'm guessing the landowner had many people trying to hunt it as it is a nice area.

Edited: I checked onX just now and see it has been corrected but there was a year or two atleast it showed it was public.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31