DEA is looking to drop marijuana down to a schedule 2 or 3 drug

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Legalize it. Free up some jail space. Regulate it just like any other intoxicating substance. Do it in your home, or wherever. Not in public, and don't drive under the influence! Will just be a matter of time before it happens i guess.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah, legalize it and quit giving our tax dollars to Aramark and other companies that are making a fortune off people being imprisoned. there's plenty of good uses for the plant, and as far as it being a gateway drug, well if people bought it in a regulated business they woulden't have people offering them meth, heroin , etc. just think of the hit the cartels would take . just my opinion. I drink more than my share of beer and smoke, but alcohol and tobacco are terrible in the wrong hands, same as anything else... that's legal. I guess if the pot dealers had a lobbying group and gave money to the politicians that decide how we should live our lives and what's good or bad for us we woulden't be talking about this , it would already be legal

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The incrementalism argument would be a good one if it wasn't so titty sprinkling out of touch with reality. You can use that same argument in almost every facet of our lives.... if you chose to argue without being fact specific. Paint a broad enough brush and you could argue keeping caffeine legal will eventually lead to everyone shooting up meth at church on Sunday. But, anyone with half a brain knows how dumb that is. So, if we want to talk about legalized weed, we need to talk about weed man. On its own merits. Leave the other shit out of it. That's a discussion for...oh I don't know.... NEVER.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Indeed if you wish to narrow things down you can certainly put your head in the sand espringers and deny or scoff at the reality of incrementalism.

I mean really gays just wanted the right to marry and nothing more.

Say you never did answer if you minded someone with a pecker pissing along side your daughter in the restroom at her school.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey you want to talk about weed fine. Accept and own what is happening in states that have already legalized it.

1. The majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana and 25 to 40 percent were marijuana alone.
2. In 2012, 10.47 percent of Colorado youth ages 12 to 17 were considered current marijuana users compared to 7.55 percent nationally. Colorado ranked fourth in the nation, and was 39 percent higher than the national average.
3. Drug-related student suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent from school years 2008-09 through 2012-13, the vast majority were for marijuana violations.
4. In 2012, 26.81 percent of college age students were considered current marijuana users compared to 18.89 percent nationally, which ranks Colorado third in the nation and 42 percent above the national average.
5. In 2013, 48.4 percent of Denver adult arrestees tested positive for marijuana, which is a 16 percent increase from 2008.
6. From 2011 through 2013 there was a 57 percent increase in marijuana-related emergency room visits.
7. Hospitalizations related to marijuana has increased 82 percent since 2008.

Now maybe a 3% rise in 12 year olds smokin dope isn;t a big deal unless it is YOUR 12 year old in that 3%. Espringer, would you like YOUR 12 year old burnin a dube?

Perhaps it is not a big deal when expulsions from school rise 32% unless it is your kid getting kicked out for having a joint in his locker.

Maybe it is not a big deal people being exposed to the risk of being injured or killed in higher numbers of DUI's under the influence of pot until it is your kid laying in the hospital bed.

Like I said, if you want to advocate for legalization, accept the responsibility for what facts have shown to be the consequences and don;t blow your smoke up peoples ass suggesting there will be none.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gst your argument could have been made 83 years ago when prohibition ended. I'd your worried about the social/ economic impacts why don't we legalize Pot and make tobacco illegal.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's like mother fn ground hogs day.....can we go to religion and then circle jerk back around to slot limits then to road hunters and wash this bitch down with some ice pirates........... Ffs

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurtr I feel yah but this plant is not going away , I was only bringing awareness to select few who would like to have loved ones have the option to try an alternative medicine. Some just want to keep the facts and stats rolling around and around.

Medical MJ needs support asap regardless of habitual recreational users who put a bad stigma on millions of tax paying American citizens who only want to just get high.

Oh by the way nobody is making you read this thread, some want to some don't. Let us be respectful to each other, I have much respect for this plant that God has given us to use. Do your own research

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a phone. Can't cut and paste. Google an article on wspa.com from October 30, 2015 on effects of legalization. The first comment has quotes from the governor and stats with actual citations. They don't jive with the stats you gave at all gst.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Indeed if you wish to narrow things down you can certainly put your head in the sand espringers and deny or scoff at the reality of incrementalism.

I mean really gays just wanted the right to marry and nothing more.

Say you never did answer if you minded someone with a pecker pissing along side your daughter in the restroom at her school.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey you want to talk about weed fine. Accept and own what is happening in states that have already legalized it.

1. The majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana and 25 to 40 percent were marijuana alone.
2. In 2012, 10.47 percent of Colorado youth ages 12 to 17 were considered current marijuana users compared to 7.55 percent nationally. Colorado ranked fourth in the nation, and was 39 percent higher than the national average.
3. Drug-related student suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent from school years 2008-09 through 2012-13, the vast majority were for marijuana violations.
4. In 2012, 26.81 percent of college age students were considered current marijuana users compared to 18.89 percent nationally, which ranks Colorado third in the nation and 42 percent above the national average.
5. In 2013, 48.4 percent of Denver adult arrestees tested positive for marijuana, which is a 16 percent increase from 2008.
6. From 2011 through 2013 there was a 57 percent increase in marijuana-related emergency room visits.
7. Hospitalizations related to marijuana has increased 82 percent since 2008.

Now maybe a 3% rise in 12 year olds smokin dope isn;t a big deal unless it is YOUR 12 year old in that 3%. Espringer, would you like YOUR 12 year old burnin a dube?

Perhaps it is not a big deal when expulsions from school rise 32% unless it is your kid getting kicked out for having a joint in his locker.

Maybe it is not a big deal people being exposed to the risk of being injured or killed in higher numbers of DUI's under the influence of pot until it is your kid laying in the hospital bed.

Like I said, if you want to advocate for legalization, accept the responsibility for what facts have shown to be the consequences and don;t blow your smoke up peoples ass suggesting there will be none.

You ever feel like an army of one?

8b75db6cd3978529d20c32b52c6ee687.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If every person had the same thought process as GST we would still be walking everywhere we go. The wheel would have never rolled and the airplane would have never flown. Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good and move on , We spend 40 Billion a year on the war on drugs and can't even keep them out of our prisons FFS .

Here we are, four decades after Richard Nixon declared the war on drugs in 1971 and $1 trillion spent since then. What do we have to show for it? the largest prison population in the world,

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone that thinks legalizing more and more drugs is NOT going to have some negative effects on society is either not in tune with reality or has a selfish motive to ignore those consequences.

Davy how many people are killed in car crashes each year? More than people killed walking somewhere.

So yeah there are consequences to changes.

That is all that is being said here.

Own up to what they will be for legalizing pot for recreational use instead of blowing smoke up peoples ass everything will be better off.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone that thinks legalizing more and more drugs is NOT going to have some negative effects on society is either not in tune with reality or has a selfish motive to ignore those consequences.

Davy how many people are killed in car crashes each year? More than people killed walking somewhere.

So yeah there are consequences to changes.

That is all that is being said here.

Own up to what they will be for legalizing pot for recreational use instead of blowing smoke up peoples ass everything will be better off.

Show me where I have blown smoke up anybody's/somebody's/everybody's ass on this topic and I'll get right on it.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
On a phone. Can't cut and paste. Google an article on wspa.com from October 30, 2015 on effects of legalization. The first comment has quotes from the governor and stats with actual citations. They don't jive with the stats you gave at all gst.

Espringers here is your link and article.

http://wspa.com/2015/10/30/how-is-colorado-doing-since-marijuana-legalization/

The pros and cons of legalizing pot

DENVER, Colorado (WDTN) -There are a lot of claims surrounding marijuana legalization.

Some say it helps the economy and brings jobs while others say it creates more crime and puts kids at risk.
The truth is, the impact is good or bad depending on who you ask.

“I think the world is looking at Colorado and I think this is this great period with great social and economic change around controlled substances. I think this is the test case,” said Adam Orens with the Marijuana Policy Group in Denver.

Marijuana has been legal in Colorado for more than a year. It’s a new industry, so it took some work to get it up and running.
“Its very costly to set up with a whole brand new industry and regulate it and try to enforce it. It’s been quite a struggle,” said Gina Carbone, co-founder of SMART Colorado.
Several task forces were involved in figuring out how to legalize pot in the state when it’s still illegal federally. One big issue is marijuana is a cash business because banks are federally insured.
“I think we worry about the banking issue. I think it’s a real issue. It’s a cash business which I think can put employees at risk, people around at risk, because that is a lot of cash to be moving around,” said President of Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Kelly Brough
Colorado did not make as much money as originally estimated off pot. Last year, they brought in 44 million dollars in new taxes. The estimate was about 30 million off.

Brough said they’ve worked hard to make sure businesses know they can still have a drug-free workplace in the state. She says there’s one positive change they’ve noticed: an increase in commercial property sales.
“The operations that grow marijuana utilize often underutilized commercial, industrial big warehouses. These tend to be less expensive commercial space, we saw the price for those go up for those spaces when marijuana was legalized,” said Brough.
Places like MindFul are using those facilities. CEO Meg Sanders says her business does more than just help the real estate side of things.
“Then there’s this whole ancillary side of security teams and marketing teams and packaging and you name it that comes along with this..not to mention the huge boost to the economy that we’ve done in particular to contractors, HVAC, plumbers, it’s massive. It’s a huge opportunity for everybody,” said Sanders.
Not everyone in the state has the same opinion.
Natalie: “Do you think the legalization of marijuana had a negative impact in Colorado?”
Erie, Colorado’s Chief Marco Vasquez: “I would say ultimately it isn’t good for our society.”

Chief Vasquez said law enforcement has had challenges identifying drugged drivers and keeping the legal marijuana from leaving the state. He says crime has gone up but says there’s no way to know if it’s because of legalizing pot.

“I will tell you I think it is more complex for law enforcement because there is a lot more gray area for officers to contend with,” said Chief Vasquez.
Once anyone over 21 could get pot in the state, another concern was how easy could kids get it. The state now requires all edible products such as pot gummies and marijuana candy bars to be put in a specific type of package.

“Somehow that food has to look different; there has to be an identifier on it,” said Carbone
While there are a number of specific issues still being hammered out at the Colorado statehouse, the general opinion we got from those in the state was marijuana hasn’t really changed their day to day lives that much.
“I don’t think there are really that many widespread, disastrous, impacts,” said Orens.
Whether for or against pot, the leaders in Colorado leave this advice to Ohio or any other state wanting to take on legal marijuana.
“When it becomes the law, it becomes the law…no matter what your position on it was and you better figure out how to make it work,” said Brough

Can't sell candy cigarettes, but gummi bears laced with pot...........good to go. Naw what kid would swap out his regular gummi bears for Cheech and Chong gummi bears.

Now if you want to include the stats from the pro legalization orgs

Those are in the comment section below this article

They are different than the stats in this link.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24749800/feds-call-out-colorado-releasing-study-teen-pot

"More teenagers now smoke pot than smoke tobacco cigarettes, the federal officials noted."

So whos are right? I would guess it comes down to which side of the argument you are on.

But hey here is how High Times, a MJ publication explains teen age drug usage dropping by comparison.

4. More older folks, fewer teens are using pot regularly
Prohibitionists claim that legalization will hurt children but it seems to be having the opposite effect. In the beginning of the 2000s, when comparing teens (age 12-17) vs. older adults (age 50+) who smoke pot near-daily (>=21 times per month), there were three toking teens for every one older toking adult. Now after expansion of medical marijuana to twenty states and legalization in two, the ratio has just about flipped. There are now two-and-a-half older toking adults for every toking teen.

Dude, that's amazing, but being stoned, may influence their statistical skill set a bit so it is understandable.

- - - Updated - - -

Colorados big tax winfall........

"But Colorado police chiefs want a piece of the estimated $133 million tax revenue that legal pot sales are expected to generate. Gov. John Hickenlooper earmarked the bulk of those funds for drug rehab and education efforts"

Take the time to read this article in the link below. It shares some of the unintended consequences of what is happening in Colorado. If you want to still claim these things are not going to happen when they are selling Karma Kandy pot and gummi bear weed you are full of shit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/u...o-sees-the-downside-of-a-legal-high.html?_r=0

Own up to the consequences that will happen. At least be that honest.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeez , Now we get busted for things we have not commented on.

The benefits far outweigh the consequences in my household. That is a fact, Not an opinion.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Show me where I have blown smoke up anybody's/somebody's/everybody's ass on this topic and I'll get right on it.

Will there be negative consequences of legalization of recreational pot over and above medicinal use legalization?

- - - Updated - - -

Jeez , Now we get busted for things we have not commented on.

The benefits far outweigh the consequences in my household. That is a fact, Not an opinion.

You want people to show shit davy..where have I stated I am against medicinal legalization? I have no problem supporting a law to amke it legal for your families medicinal usage.

But if you are supporting a recreational law that impacts MY family then my "opinion" is just as valid as yours.

There is a difference between that and recreational usage. If you are not claiming there are no negative impacts, you are not blowing smoke up peoples ass. That should not be that hard to make that connection Davy. You already have made one false assumption and accusation Davy, try not to make two.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will there be negative consequences of legalization of recreational pot over and above medicinal use legalization?
Yes, And you can thank Government overreach and the people for that. For years medical professionals have been advocating medical use , Until just recently people were digging their heels in against medical use and denying that it had any medical use despite of what research was proving.

It was said over on these sites that medical was just an excuse to get the foot in the door for recreation use. I respect everyone's opinion, Don't take me wrong on that but the reasons behind the opinions were flawed in my opinion and we used to have some pretty good debates over that.
People couldn't see the Forest because the trees were in the way, Without that resistance medical use would have been legal years ago.
Now days for the most part , Medical advocators are jumping on the full legalization bandwagon because it's simpler and there are more people on board for full legalization.
We wouldn't be having this discussion if medical use was legal. The wait has been a long for many and too late for most.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah, so now when govt over reach impacts you it is important enough to over look consequences to others. But yet when govt over reach impacts others,.........well 72 pages explained your views there.

I actually get people who have family or friends that have been denied the benefits of medical pot having the view you do.

But there are people on here that want to legalize recreational use so they can smoke a bowl with their old college buddy and not have to get whacked by the cops for doing it.

Hey I get that too. But when those people try to deny the very real consequences of legalization that is where I take exception. Stop and think about it. The candy cigarette example was not simple sarcasm. We have passed laws making it illegal to advertise cigarettes in manners that attract children to smoking for a reason, and yet states like Colorado appear to have no problem making candied pot and gummi bear weed.

And people think that is NOT going to find it's way into grade schools and junior highs? There are consequences that will impact society in non positive ways. Cigarettes, booze do....why do people think pot will be any different?

Like I said there are negatives with keeping it illegal but when people try to claim it is no big deal, or even a benefit to society to legalize it, that is simply bullshit.

The one link from law enforcement had a representative of law enforcement saying they never thought recreational usage would pass and be made legal. So those that wish to dismiss incrementalism are for some reason turning a blind eye to what is happening.

Do they really think these groups will not use pot legalization to give credibility to their arguments?

https://www.dinafem.org/en/blog/cannabis-marijuana-legalization-groups/

"10 Most Influential Legalization Groups
There are many organizations who fight the unreasonable 'War on Drugs'. Most of them are active on a national level and some of them are aiming for sensible drug policy on an international scale. Here's our list with the most influential legalization groups out there. All these groups really make a difference and they need and deserve all the support they can get."

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/15/165211562/should-we-legalize-drugs

"Before the debate, the audience voted 45 percent in favor of the motion "Legalize Drugs," with 23 percent opposed and 32 percent undecided. After hearing from both sides, those who supported the motion still won out: 58 percent to 30 percent."

http://www.leap.cc/about/why-legalize-drugs/

"
« Previous Page

We believe that drug prohibition is the true cause of much of the social and personal damage that has historically been attributed to drug use. It is prohibition that makes these drugs so valuable – while giving criminals a monopoly over their supply. Driven by the huge profits from this monopoly, criminal gangs bribe and kill each other, law enforcers, and children. Their trade is unregulated and they are, therefore, beyond our control.
History has shown that drug prohibition reduces neither use nor abuse. After a rapist is arrested, there are fewer rapes. After a drug dealer is arrested, however, neither the supply nor the demand for drugs is seriously changed. The arrest merely creates a job opening for an endless stream of drug entrepreneurs who will take huge risks for the sake of the enormous profits created by prohibition. Prohibition costs taxpayers tens of billions of dollars every year, yet 40 years and some 40 million arrests later, drugs are cheaper, more potent and far more widely used than at the beginning of this futile crusade.
We believe that by eliminating prohibition of all drugs for adults and establishing appropriate regulation and standards for distribution and use, law enforcement could focus more on crimes of violence, such as rape, aggravated assault, child abuse and murder, making our communities much safer. We believe that sending parents to prison for non-violent personal drug use destroys families. We believe that in a regulated and controlled environment, drugs will be safer for adult use and less accessible to our children. And we believe that by placing drug abuse in the hands of medical professionals instead of the criminal justice system, we will reduce rates of addiction and overdose deaths.

"
Sound familiar? That is from law enforcement people wanting to legalize all drugs.

Last edited:

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah, so now when govt over reach impacts you it is important enough to over look consequences to others. But yet when govt over reach impacts others,.........well 72 pages explained your views there.

I actually get people who have family or friends that have been denied the benefits of medical pot having the view you do.

But there are people on here that want to legalize recreational use so they can smoke a bowl with their old college buddy and not have to get whacked by the cops for doing it.

Hey I get that too. But when those people try to deny the very real consequences of legalization that is where I take exception. Stop and think about it. The candy cigarette example was not simple sarcasm. We have passed laws making it illegal to advertise cigarettes in manners that attract children to smoking for a reason, and yet states like Colorado appear to have no problem making candied pot and gummi bear weed.

And people think that is NOT going to find it's way into grade schools and junior highs? There are consequences that will impact society in non positive ways. Cigarettes, booze do....why do people think pot will be any different? Wake up! It's already there. It's everywhere. It's 100x easier for kids to get than booze. You can't stop it, so get out of the way with your 1960's ideaology. You've clearly been brainwashed by those videos from way back in the day. You can't win this one. You speak as if marijuana is as bad as heroin. You've got no clue, yet your dead set on your ways. Ways that have been instilled into you, because somebody said so. Your opinions are your opinions, and you have the right to them, no matter how silly they sound I guess.

Like I said there are negatives with keeping it illegal but when people try to claim it is no big deal, or even a benefit to society to legalize it, that is simply bullshit.

The one link from law enforcement had a representative of law enforcement saying they never thought recreational usage would pass and be made legal. So those that wish to dismiss incrementalism are for some reason turning a blind eye to what is happening.

Do they really think these groups will not use pot legalization to give credibility to their arguments?

https://www.dinafem.org/en/blog/cannabis-marijuana-legalization-groups/

"10 Most Influential Legalization Groups
There are many organizations who fight the unreasonable 'War on Drugs'. Most of them are active on a national level and some of them are aiming for sensible drug policy on an international scale. Here's our list with the most influential legalization groups out there. All these groups really make a difference and they need and deserve all the support they can get."

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/15/165211562/should-we-legalize-drugs

"Before the debate, the audience voted 45 percent in favor of the motion "Legalize Drugs," with 23 percent opposed and 32 percent undecided. After hearing from both sides, those who supported the motion still won out: 58 percent to 30 percent."

http://www.leap.cc/about/why-legalize-drugs/

"
« Previous Page

We believe that drug prohibition is the true cause of much of the social and personal damage that has historically been attributed to drug use. It is prohibition that makes these drugs so valuable – while giving criminals a monopoly over their supply. Driven by the huge profits from this monopoly, criminal gangs bribe and kill each other, law enforcers, and children. Their trade is unregulated and they are, therefore, beyond our control.
History has shown that drug prohibition reduces neither use nor abuse. After a rapist is arrested, there are fewer rapes. After a drug dealer is arrested, however, neither the supply nor the demand for drugs is seriously changed. The arrest merely creates a job opening for an endless stream of drug entrepreneurs who will take huge risks for the sake of the enormous profits created by prohibition. Prohibition costs taxpayers tens of billions of dollars every year, yet 40 years and some 40 million arrests later, drugs are cheaper, more potent and far more widely used than at the beginning of this futile crusade.
We believe that by eliminating prohibition of all drugs for adults and establishing appropriate regulation and standards for distribution and use, law enforcement could focus more on crimes of violence, such as rape, aggravated assault, child abuse and murder, making our communities much safer. We believe that sending parents to prison for non-violent personal drug use destroys families. We believe that in a regulated and controlled environment, drugs will be safer for adult use and less accessible to our children. And we believe that by placing drug abuse in the hands of medical professionals instead of the criminal justice system, we will reduce rates of addiction and overdose deaths.

"
Sound familiar? That is from law enforcement people wanting to legalize all drugs.

It's the devil! good lawd!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bullshit not easier to get than booze. Horrible argument. In reality meth is easier to get than week so in that line of thinking legalize it. People like you do more harm than good

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88