Deer licenses going up?

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope so. I haven't been drawn for two years but did ride along and made some walks with people that did have their license. I saw more deer this year, including nice size bucks, than I have for awhile. Hoping for a good winter.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just want to thank every single trapper or person who has or will be shooting some coyotes. From what I've seen in the fields and around the lakes in our area I believe other than the loss of crp they've been the biggest factor in our local populations demise and lowering their numbers are key to the survival rates of our fawns. Especially when we get a lot of snow. So, to you who are out killing those damn things. THANKS!

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just want to thank every single trapper or person who has or will be shooting some coyotes. From what I've seen in the fields and around the lakes in our area I believe other than the loss of crp they've been the biggest factor in our local populations demise and lowering their numbers are key to the survival rates of our fawns. Especially when we get a lot of snow. So, to you who are out killing those damn things. THANKS!

I drove from Fargo to Killdeer and back again last week - scanning for wildlife the entire way. Did not see a single deer or coyote. I must be getting cataracts or something. Saw some antelope but who couldn't - they pop out like snow geese. :(

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well there was really only one direction for the tag numbers to go at this point, so I would hope they are going up. A population that sustain 75,000 tags/year I will believe when I see. That's not going to happen unless the habitat increases.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whoa slow down Jeb. Raise the price and leave the numbers where they are at. Winter looks good. It will payoff big

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Manage mule deer for quality (the quality the last few years has been better than I've ever seen). I have no opinion on the management of whitetail as I don't have a dog in that fight but it seems they need to figure out just how many deer they have versus guessing.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
4-funny-weird-snapchats.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Manage mule deer for quality (the quality the last few years has been better than I've ever seen). I have no opinion on the management of whitetail as I don't have a dog in that fight but it seems they need to figure out just how many deer they have versus guessing.

couldn't agree more with you!

wife was fortunate to be drawn this year on her 6th year. she put down a very respectable buck and missed another that was prolly larger the night before. ( ive tried posting pic on here cant seem to figure it out im old school) but the quality of deer is very nice. hers was a very nice 3x4 and the other she missed was another large 3x4 but man theres some nice deer. we only hunted 3 days as she has trouble being away from the kiddos and I hate to think what this deer would have been with one more year of growth.

newlydean

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope they leave it where it is. I know some areas may have seen some increases but they are few and far between. I didn't get a tag this year and didn't have one in 12 or 13. I'm ok with not getting a tag, if it means when I do I will see good deer numbers.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunters of ND all need to get together, form a prize pool. Each hunter in ND donates X amount of dollars into the pot. Figure out the finally tally, and then set bounties on the yotes. That would motivate people to get out there n blast em maybe. Nearly 800,000 residents, how may are hunters? How many would invest in the future of deer hunting for our state. Ya I'm a little crazy, but getting 3 tags a year again would be nice.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The doe tag sales need to shut off for an extended period of time. The legal ways of killing yotes needs to be relaxed a bit also imo.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coyotes are an issue, but I know in the SE part of the state the bigger issue is habitat. There is very little crp, the tree rows are being ripped out, and with things being dry and the crops off early everything is being dug black and sloughs are being burned. We better hope for a good winter or our deer could be in big trouble with the lack of cover.

newlydean

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about a 3 day coyote kill marathon by what ever means possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Kdm I'm sponsored by Hawkeye vodka, red white and blue beer, and Mccormick gin.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
HaHaHa!! Don't for get the insurance from a van in the parking lot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28