Deer Limit?

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I shoot a deer during archery season can I still shoot one if I get drawn for rifle? I've tried to find information on it on the G&F site but I can't find anything saying either way.

For some reason I thought I heard that you can take one with your bow and one with your rifle if you get drawn. Or maybe that was in Colorado?

:;:help

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can take as many deer in ND as you have a ND tag for. Bow, Rifle, and Muzzy if you're lucky enough to get all three.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, what KDM said. They were thinking of changing the system to a one tag per person regardless of weapon/season but they didn't go through with it.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Yep, what KDM said. They were thinking of changing the system to a one tag per person regardless of weapon/season but they didn't go through with it.

This, honestly wouldn't bother me while deer #'s are low, but the uproar it would create ...

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I don't think that I'll harvest more than one but I'll hunt for both (if I get drawn), and the only way I'd take more than one is if I come across a hawg and I've already shot one. 1-2 deer is plenty for my little family.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious really. It doesn't say either way on the G&F website.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does the G&F know the deer numbers are low????? They admitted they didn't do ANY actual surveillance work for whitetails this year and haven't done any for several years.......like 10!! Which begs the question, how does an organization make decisions on populations without any hard data for that population??? Inquiring minds want to know.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
This, honestly wouldn't bother me while deer #'s are low, but the uproar it would create ...

I opposed the idea (as proposed by the G&F). If it were done up in a way where I could use the tag during any season (archery, rifle, muzzleloader), it wouldn't bother me as much.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88