dewalt battery

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a 60v dewalt battery that shit the bed on me is there anyone in bismark that fixes them? Dewalt is stand up and sending me a new one pretty happy with the cs from them.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a 60v dewalt battery that shit the bed on me is there anyone in bismark that fixes them? Dewalt is stand up and sending me a new one pretty happy with the cs from them.

No help here Kurt,but fyi don't leave your battery in the charger once topped off,for some reason the dewalt battery will reverse charge and and completely zap the battery charge.This is on 18-20v dewalt batteries...? 60v?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No help here Kurt,but fyi don't leave your battery in the charger once topped off,for some reason the dewalt battery will reverse charge and and completely zap the battery charge.This is on 18-20v dewalt batteries...? 60v?

My wife used it in the blower and it worked fine went to throw it on charger and it wont take a charge or doesnt even register on the button on back. They were super good about it and no questions sending me another one. 280 battery so i was hopping it would last longer than a year i got some 20v that are 7 plus years old.
shopping

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife used it in the blower and it worked fine went to throw it on charger and it wont take a charge or doesnt even register on the button on back. They were super good about it and no questions sending me another one. 280 battery so i was hopping it would last longer than a year i got some 20v that are 7 plus years old.
cache.php

I had that happen with a 6Amp Hr FlexVolt right away as well. DeWalt had another out to me very quickly, no questions asked. I took my defunct battery to Acme for recycling. I didn't figure zapping a tool, or needing a battery and having it crap out was worth trying to fix it.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
You should be able to go into acme(or any other dealer) and get a new one if it’s less than 3 years old.

Last edited:

eliminator

Honored Member
I have had batteries rebuilt by an outfit on the strip just west of the McDonalds. I don't know what they are called. I don't recommend doing it tho. My experience was that it was spendy and they didn't work very well at all. Maybe you would have better luck than I did. They are on the south side of the road just before you go up the hill to the trolley place.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You should be able to go into acme(or any other dealer) and get a new one of its less than 3 years old.

I went to runnings where i bought it and they wanted a receipt so i just called dewalt. Only place here that sells them by the time i drive back and forth to bismark i could damn near buy a new battery thanks to Joe

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
BatterydoctorLLC is guy in Mandan ND put cost is not too far from new I called on few. Most times the old stuff can't be bought anymore so we have no choice or buy whole new outfit.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I figured even at 150 it’s still damn near half of what new is . Never looked into it before but figured since everything is battery now some one would fix them at a decent price. The battery is less than a year old.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have just run into this myself. I have the Dewalt line trimmer, 40v. Recently bought a hedge trimmer that works on the same battery. Guy I bought it from gave me two more dead batteries. Nice of him.

I thought I could get them fixed at Interstate Batteries, on Main in Bismarck, but the guy there told me nope. They don't work on Li-Ion batts. If it were Ni-Cd, or Nano-Phosphate, apparently they could, but not li-ion.

I love the battery that I have, that DOES work. it's a beast. I never let it freeze though.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured even at 150 it’s still damn near half of what new is . Never looked into it before but figured since everything is battery now some one would fix them at a decent price. The battery is less than a year old.

Let me know what you find out. I'm keenly interested. These batteries are VERY expensive.

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
Battery doctors is now Mild 2 Wild I think. They used to fix and upgrade them, I still have some their 18 volts going strong.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Make sure its in the gardenshed when she burns. Quick fix all around. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 48