Dumpin the Dip!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hang in there you damned bunch of quiters, just get-er done. Going on 14 years not huffing the cigs, got my lungs back:;:rockit

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I used to be an avid chewer, then a couple years ago, I backed off for a month before I just quit for the most part. Every now and then I would bum a pinch out hunting or fishing. Doesn't take long for me to tell myself "why in the heck did you do that.....taste like $hit". I am done. What did help was chew gun with lasting flavor like "Ice: Spearmint". Craving was pretty much gone! after a month or two. So I have said bye-bye to it. :;:howdy Has helped that I quit had to begin exercising and eating healthier, as I am now considered type II diabetic. I want to stay off as many meds as possible.

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost 2 months since I had my last chew, still miss it everyday. Still pretty irritable hoping that goes away soon.
One thing I have noticed is I had a pretty good appetite before I quit, now I could down 10 pizzas and still be hungry. Anyone got a solution how to curb that now that they have stopped chewing?

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing a tourney last weekend with a buddy chewing all day was tough. I have replaced chewing with working out and focusing on going elk hunting this fall. I have noticed food is really tasting better now. Some times in the morning i miss a big fat dip of cope with my coffee.

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
chewed from freshman year up until two years ago, being sick helped take the edge off of the first week, but I had a pinch in non-stop from waking up to bedtime except for eating. but I gain weight (20lbs) after quitting and have nocked most off that off and have felt really better, and since I quit chewing I hardly ever drink a pop anymore and sleep is much better.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back to the top. :;:thumbsup
Just wondering how everyone is doing? It helps to know people do care about quitting and the quitters.
Check in and give us the latest even if it's not that good.
Stick with the struggle!!

Fish On!

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another bump to see how everyone is doing. Personally, today will be day 64 without it!

Keep up the good fight gentleman!!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Un-efffing-believable. You're a true manly man. I suppose being in AL, with the cost and the freshness helps a BIT. I got rolls through the mail on a weekly basis as luckily I come from affluence. Copenhagen in plastic is beyond garbage/shi'ite. I believe by design.

FUN FACT/TRUE STORY TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE: Upon my first arrival to Al's Garage, the "customs cops" (who we were about to relive) stated to the group of new arrivals all tobacco had to be declared and surrendered. I don't remember if anyone complied: I DO remember staring down a few folks in a STFU/defiant manner and I remained supplied.

After this incident; My suppliers clearly identified "Copenhagen" on the customs label and I had no further issues with two other assignments to the Middle East. I donated my excess "cardboard" to the cause of fellow travelers when it was time to return to the World.

I've enjoyed a dip from cardboard/wax in most European airports thanks to my parents and other supporters of Veterans.

- - - Updated - - -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oH8u9PxWJo

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Decided to give it up 10 days ago and still going strong. Hasn't been easy that's for sure, my wife was ready to punch me if the bean bag for being an ass hat the first couple days. Can't believe how nicotine or lack of affects the body. First 6 days I had a hell of a time sleeping, but it's been getting better. This will be a struggle for a long time I think as I still think about putting in a dip...especially after eating. I can thank all those damn commercials lately showing oral cancer, that's what made me finally said enough is enough. Kudo's to those who have quit and stayed with it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe eating would be the toughest obstacle: My entire head feels like it's caving just thinking about it. Holy shi'ite, God bless.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still going strong but working construction is tough everyone throwing in a nice big dip but it is a mental challenge and I am going to beat that bitch.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're not throwing in a "nice big dip". They're feeding addiction, wasted money and cancer. Keep the faith. God bless. A "big dip" makes one look, smell and talk like a retard. I'm beyond sure I can't quit. This shi'ite is bad bad bad.

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will be dip free for 2 months on Monday still crave one every once in awhile when having a cold one with buddies and they put one it or when out fishing. But it is all mental and well worth the struggle just think of all the money you save

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time for an update. Been keeping myself busy since I quit, so much so that I didn't realize how far this thread went or how many others are quitting. I sure have gotten a lot of little projects done since quitting!

It's been 34 days since I quit, saved $86, and feel pretty good! I decided after taking a kick-start class at the first district health unit that Chantix would be the easiest route. It's worked really well, I haven't had any of the physical withdrawals just the mental for the most part. My lip quivers when I'm driving or fishing like it's missing something, which is a little weird. When I started taking the second dose of Chantix a day I noticed I was pretty wired and couldn't sleep more than 3-4 hours a night. So I backed off to 1 dose a day and it has worked good. The best part is my health insurance covers 100% of the prescription! The instructor at the class encouraged me to go with the Chantix because the patches/gum would be hard to match the Nicotine intake that I was getting from chewing. The evaluation she did on me determined that the amount that I chewed was equivalent to 1 1/2 to 2 packs of smokes a day. If any of you are like me the only time you don't have a dip in is eating and sleeping. I never realized it was that much!

It's still tough when drinkin beer and fishing but everyday gets a little easier. I hope everyone is that's quitting is doing well and encourage others to quit, just for the health benefits, my blood pressure has dropped since quitting and I feel better. I've been chewing a lot of gum, hard candy/lozenges just don't cut it for me. I tend to chew them up to fast.

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm putting the money saved each month in a fund for a new trolling motor next spring. That's part of my motivation!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you getting fatter?

I haven't. Lost about 20 pounds of fat and put on 5 pounds of muscle. If I was not planning an elk hunt and working out everyday I would have probably gained some. I think for me working out is replacing my habit of chewing because I am wanting to lift and make time for it.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I used those patches, started with strongest first, after about 2 weeks went to the 2 second ones when went to the weakest for about 2 weeks, eat a lot of sunflower seeds that first year, but it's been 12 years now with no smokes or chew was doing both all the time even had a chew to sleep on. Try not to think about it , don't feel sorry for yourself

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 53