Filet Wars

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll stick with my mora knife... it's wireless and never needs charged... git it at dakota tackle a few years ago and it is by far my favorite

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm liking the looks of that Bubba Blade more and more. If they offered a wooden handle, I'd be in.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem with a regular knife is keeping them scary sharp. Once they dull just a little bit, your speed goes way down and frustration increases. I like using a regular blade for a few fish, but when there is a 4 man limit piled up the electric is the only way to fly IMO.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as I keep my steel sharpener and keep it handy I have no need for an electric filet knife.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure you know the steel is not a sharpener.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know better now, Even googled it to make sure you weren't trying to pull my leg. I like "how it's made" and "how it works"

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have some questions too. However, the only answers I'm interested in is the ones pertaining to fishing. If you can give me the answers, I might be able to come up with the pertinent questions. However, if you asked me the questions for which I have no answer would they still be pertinent to the current questioning?? Similarly, if I gave you fishing answers, would that satisfy the pertinence for which you were asking the questions concerning fishing or not? Now, seeing as we've come this far in the discussion.........what was the question???

Well, I forgot...
I've got a 'shark blade (or something similar) coming for the American Angler. That things gonna be smoking fast now. Wonder if it'll cook the fillets?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know better now, Even googled it to make sure you weren't trying to pull my leg. I like "how it's made" and "how it works"

I NEVER repeat NEVER would engage in cutlery care and maintenance ARTIFICE! Thanks for RUINING my whole damn day.

- - - Updated - - -

Some steel's are sharpeners....
https://www.dmtsharp.com/sharpeners/...diamond-steel/

Yes indeed. I was lucky in the assumption he was referring to a plain steel implement used to straighten the burr.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14