Fishing Ethics

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
Long story short as possible... My brother and I were fishing this weekend on a fairly popular lake. The lake we were on has many different spots to fish. Well, we were anchored and pitching jigs in one of our favorite spots and just as two boats are passing by, my brother hooks on to a 22" eye (that was a C&R). Sure enough, here come the boats. The one boat pulls up to us within 15 feet and drops his anchor right where we were casting. We told him kindly that he was too close. He told us that he would drift back a ways. Yeah right, maybe another 3 feet. I even ended up snagging his line one time. Anyways, how do the rest of you feel about people getting too close to you when your on the water? I just wish people would have a little respect for others.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
The old horning in on someone game has been going on since man first caught fish. I usually just leave. unless is the only place they are biting then will just put the blinders on and fish, turn up the stereo.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually leave after expressing my opinion of them.. Maybe a hot lap or 2 if they're real pricks.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big motor trim up idle around pull away afar enough raise big enough fuss act like you have the big one on net scoop and try to lure em away

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member

Play some Metallica real loud. (trying out the add a video link). This is one of Svn's favorites.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that didn't work. How do you get the video to show up, rather than being redirected?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try to avoid people seeing you catch fish. Waving the landing net around is a big no no. I've even not set the hook on a bite when somebody was passing by.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have caught more fish moving away from my so called hot spot.

@hab how do a pose when your trying to secure your spot? ;:;rofl

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

Play some Metallica real loud. (trying out the add a video link). This is one of Svn's favorites.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that didn't work. How do you get the video to show up, rather than being redirected?

Just put the link in the post. You have an embed code there.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try to avoid people seeing you catch fish. Waving the landing net around is a big no no. I've even not set the hook on a bite when somebody was passing by.

That's what I was thinking , I have snuck 22 inchers in the boat when my partners in the same boat
didn't even know I had a fish on,

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Play this REALLY loud, they'll leave, plus it kicks ass:

- - - Updated - - -

V, we need to be able to embed more than 1 video per post, especially since multiple posts end up in the same box until the next guy posts. Please.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't encroach so I would like to not be encroached upon. If I'm in hot spot and someone comes in on me I usually try to be understanding. So if they are decent guys then I'll let it slide but if they are pr!cks then I'll usually just leave. I'm usually not the a$$hole type to do something to them...other than break out my voodoo doll and work my black magic!

https://youtu.be/f4Ajxf72jyc

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
When encroached upon I've done everything from tossing a plano box into the other guy's boat when he didn't have the right bait and/or giving someone the rest of my live bait if I'm done at best. To putting triple-treble cranks 200'+ back and running 4MPH weaving like a drunkard who's worked at it. I once surprised a jet skier who didn't think I could keep up too, he ended up a LONG way from the ramp.

- - - Updated - - -

updated it to 5 now

Thanks Dad.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Typing on a phone so please forgive. We were trolling on Creel Bay once, just a short run, maybe 50-60 yards long around a old point. All by ourselves, picking up one or two eater walleyes each pass. A-holes come tearing in, bow trimmed way up and anchor on the point. After riding out the swells, we anchored up wind and threw slip bobbers back to where we were hooking fish. It was slow fishing and a buddy and I were bs'n and eating our lunch. I tossed a jalapeño Cheetos over the side that I had dropped. We noticed the gulls converging. Slowly one by one I continued to drop them. Not long later the aholes pulled up their anchor because of the sky carp buzzing around them.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just simply ask, "you want a drink of my beer too while you're at it?" Figure thats already too much of a waste of breath to people that do crap like this.. One positive, have learned the big gatorade bottles work verrry swell to piss into..if wayy too close, you have fun with that said bottle and byyyyyye...jk!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76