Fleet Farm

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing keeping Fargay from being an absolute cesspool of trannies and butt diddlers is FleetFarm. No FleetFarm, might as well be part of Minnifornia.
FWIW I drive past the Fleet Farm in Fargay to go to Runnings in Minnifornia......

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I can say is whomever does the purchasing for their fishing department needs their head examined. The one we have has more salmon spoons, muskie lures, and other nearly useless items in row upon row in the store. They have a ton of good stuff mind you, but a bunch of stuff that hasn't moved since they opened. Just don't get it. Runnings does a good job as a whole, the good stuff for the most part. Our Scheels is weak here so it's nearly the best bet.

I laugh at the folks buying $8 2 x 4 x 4' lumber at Fleet Farm not knowing they could get a full 8' for that nearly anywhere else. They've got two frozen pizzas in the cart too LOL.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I can say is whomever does the purchasing for their fishing department needs their head examined. The one we have has more salmon spoons, muskie lures, and other nearly useless items in row upon row in the store. They have a ton of good stuff mind you, but a bunch of stuff that hasn't moved since they opened. Just don't get it. Runnings does a good job as a whole, the good stuff for the most part. Our Scheels is weak here so it's nearly the best bet.

I laugh at the folks buying $8 2 x 4 x 4' lumber at Fleet Farm not knowing they could get a full 8' for that nearly anywhere else. They've got two frozen pizzas in the cart too LOL.
Don't know how/if this applies to the thread: Watched an episode of Shark Tank last night: A "minority" dude pitched a lock which could be opened by fingerprint. Kevin O'Leary (the "dick") made a offer and warned of a license deal being "buried" within an established company to thwart competition. Kevin is the "king" of license deals yet gave this caveat. The other offers played the racecard and the guy chose Kevin. It gave me hope for this Country.

That is all.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fleet Farm is far more of a treat than a necessity with a Runnings, Scheels, and that appropriately named dump of a Dick's.

I would rather have a Home of Economy. By a lot, actually.

Fenced In

Heard Bismarck is getting one. About time you hillbillies came to your senses.
Fleet farm has gone down the drain. IMO runnings is far superior, FF does have some deals time to time but the inventory they have on hand of hunting and fishing stuff is pathetic.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard Bismarck is getting one. About time you hillbillies came to your senses.

I wonder how they're going to staff it? We have Help Wanted signs in pretty much every business in Bismarck. A number of places have reportedly closed, including Johnny Carinos and McKenzie River because of want for employees. Other fastfood joints have cutback hours due to a lack of employees.

Are they a company who will follow the Applebees and Walmart policies of importing foreigners to work in ND?

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how they're going to staff it? We have Help Wanted signs in pretty much every business in Bismarck. A number of places have reportedly closed, including Johnny Carinos and McKenzie River because of want for employees. Other fastfood joints have cutback hours due to a lack of employees.

Are they a company who will follow the Applebees and Walmart policies of importing foreigners to work in ND?
Starting pay is $12.50.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fleet Farm pisses me off. It could be great, but their supply chain management is utter dog shit. Every single time I'm in there, I'm looking for an item that I know they sell, but it's not on the shelf. Every. Damn. Time.
A few days ago, I couldn't even get an oil filter for a 2015 Silverado. Fram... gone. Mobil1... gone. Then I go to Walmart. Walmart FFS! and they got a stack of them.
I keep going back like an abused housewife though... because Scheels doesn't sell 2,4-D and fencing stuff.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fleet Farm pisses me off. It could be great, but their supply chain management is utter dog shit. Every single time I'm in there, I'm looking for an item that I know they sell, but it's not on the shelf. Every. Damn. Time.
A few days ago, I couldn't even get an oil filter for a 2015 Silverado. Fram... gone. Mobil1... gone. Then I go to Walmart. Walmart FFS! and they got a stack of them.
I keep going back like an abused housewife though... because Scheels doesn't sell 2,4-D and fencing stuff.
An abused housewife...haha
Not that an abused wife is funny, but the comparison made me chuckle..

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like Runnings, except the price. I like Scheels. I like Dakota Tackle, except the same crankbait is $1 more than Scheels.

I seem to remember liking FF, but that might not be correct.

Dicks. When they had fishing stuff, it was all bass stuff. Which isn't necessarily terrible, but useless. I mean, there are bass in the state, and it's fun to target them, but it was mostly useless. After they removed their guns, there was no reason to ever go back.

I DID buy a set of golf clubs once, at a Dicks in Minneapolis. Last year's model, etc.

I lived in Minot as a kid, and remember going to Home of Economy, and liking it. But that was back when Kmart was FANCY.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in there in August and could not find a fly swatter. Store worker confirmed there were none. Menards had a hundred of them in 2 different styles and 4 different colors.

I don't know if it's still this way, but years ago, I was looking for a specific fishing lure. They were out. I asked the guy if they would get more, and he said they pretty much get an allotment of fishing stuff in the spring, and when it's gone, it's gone till next year. I was dumbfounded. You mean to tell me that you have stuff that is popular enough that you sell all of them, and you don't even attempt to get more?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 412
  • This month: 188
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 66