Forward facing dilemma

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why drill holes just put your ducer in the holes they already drilled. I'm sure they won't mind.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
doesn't matter to me how you fish seems everybody has one now days.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
@BRK

i think you misunderstood me BRK. i am not at all a fan of banning certain technology. we've got enough limitations imposed on hunting and fishing these days. we don't need anymore to protect a darn fish. if it gets more people out in a boat or on the ice, i am all for it. short of gill nets of course. ;)

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nobody's opinion of FFS is going to stop me from fishing how I want with my livescope.... but I won't be the asshat who's drilling holes 5-10' outside someone else's shelter! FFS isn't the issue, it's people and their lack of common courtesy for others.
I have never had anyone come up and drill hole that close to me. Other than fishing the James river at the Dam in LaMoure. We would leave are portables on the ice, and just fold it down. It was the old plywood and blue tarp. I did have one guy move my house so he could fish where I was fishing. When I went down after work mine was moved and his was in my spot. His ended up getting moved by the game warden.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah that wasn't meant to be a shot at you @espringers or hopefully anyone on this site, but I have had it happen a few times on some local honey holes.... Kind of frustrating when your goal is to be the first one out there and somebody sets up shop in your front door.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been a while since it happened to me where someone decided to setup their ice house right near me. Jackwagons will be jackwagons its not the technologies fault (as stated previously). Individual tournaments can set the rules as they see fit. Seems like there are cheating stories all too often anyways these days. Currently I can't afford the new fancy stuff but if I could would it make it easier for me to find fish, sure it would. Will it effect the fact that I get out smarted my pea brain fish and struggle to get a hook into the elusive walleye mouth, that probably won't change much.
As far as pillaging a resource goes is it any different than the guy that sets a house on a hot crappie spot and they switch out people throughout the day each leaving with their limit or have a truck pull up to grab a couple buckets and give them new ones? Nope. Again jackwagons are going to abuse resources regardless of technology level.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
@BRK

i think you misunderstood me BRK. i am not at all a fan of banning certain technology. we've got enough limitations imposed on hunting and fishing these days. we don't need anymore to protect a darn fish. if it gets more people out in a boat or on the ice, i am all for it. short of gill nets of course. ;)
I think you allude a little bit to the essence of the issue. Where do we draw the line? I'm not saying it's at FFS...At some point we are going to get "too good" at it with the help of technology and restrictions - either in the form of tech restrictions or fishing season/limit restrictions - are going to have to happen.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give me a bamboo pole , 30ft of string, a bare hook, and a bobber the size of a handball and I'm good.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been a while since it happened to me where someone decided to setup their ice house right near me. Jackwagons will be jackwagons its not the technologies fault (as stated previously). Individual tournaments can set the rules as they see fit. Seems like there are cheating stories all too often anyways these days. Currently I can't afford the new fancy stuff but if I could would it make it easier for me to find fish, sure it would. Will it effect the fact that I get out smarted my pea brain fish and struggle to get a hook into the elusive walleye mouth, that probably won't change much.
As far as pillaging a resource goes is it any different than the guy that sets a house on a hot crappie spot and they switch out people throughout the day each leaving with their limit or have a truck pull up to grab a couple buckets and give them new ones? Nope. Again jackwagons are going to abuse resources regardless of technology level.
What are you talking about? I remember one time when you setup no more than 10 feet from me! That reminds me, time for us to get out again 🤣!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give me a bamboo pole , 30ft of string, a bare hook, and a bobber the size of a handball and I'm good.
Bamboo poles should be banned too. My childhood was filled with times when I outfished Grandpa 10-1 with one and he gave up trying because he was so busy taking fish off and rebaiting my hook!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts like these drive the negative narrative.....

1704425759320.png

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we are getting off the original subject here on regards to live sonar, that is those who are able to afford it and those who are not. As far as those who have it can all agree, me including who has seen its potential can attest it greatly improves your chances at catching more fish then those that use the traditional ways that were used before live active sonar.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we are getting off the original subject here on regards to live sonar, that is those who are able to afford it and those who are not. As far as those who have it can all agree, me including who has seen its potential can attest it greatly improves your chances at catching more fish then those that use the traditional ways that were used before live active sonar.
Fair and accurate....I've experienced it first hand as well. Last year was by far my best year crappie fishing and it was on a lake I'd never fished, 100% due to Livescope. I was a "drill, search with LS, if no fish then move and look again" fisherman. When I found them is when the learning began. It didn't mean I'd automatically catch them, but it let me keep trying different things until they usually did. Believe me, there were days when NOTHING I tried made them bite.

That being said, I learned on many occasions that being 40' off "the spot" made the difference between catching and not catching. It was eye opening and allowed me to learn what it was the "made the difference".

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you talking about? I remember one time when you setup no more than 10 feet from me! That reminds me, time for us to get out again 🤣!
It's different being the pirate than the pirated. I remember my squirrel luck also landed an area for all of us to search. That was a good day with some nice fish pics

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was only kidding but CatDaddy comes to the rescue. Cool thing is it looked like a nice sunny day. Best time to catch those pannies

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was only kidding but CatDaddy comes to the rescue. Cool thing is it looked like a nice sunny day. Best time to catch those pannies
It was a beautiful day to hang out on the ice and it was a multi species on various tackle & tactics day between everyone. March 28th 2020, COVID safe distance was followed:cool:
1730.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88