Frozen in Ice Castle ideas?

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
One can always tell who their true friends are when you get in a pickle such as this guy was. A pickle like this could have happened to any of us. True friends will drop everything to help even if it takes weeks. Opie...you are a good man and a better friend. Good work!

Amen! That guy owes you free beer for a longggg time.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to see he got it out -- hope it doesnt take much to put it back on the ice next year. Good fishing Short

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The guys I know in MN with these big houses, never leave them unattended. Way to much weight, too much $$, risk of theft, vandals, etc.... That's why they have hydraulic or electric winched axels, because they go up and down a fair amount.

They go Friday evening to set it up, fish in it till Sunday, pack up and leave. Just like camping in the summer.

The only way I'd leave a huge or even half that size house on the ice is A) if it was up on blocks. B) I knew I was going out every couple of days to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see he got it out -- hope it doesnt take much to put it back on the ice next year. Good fishing Short

With 10 inches of solid ice in the inside...::eek::......That MFer will never be the same. I'd say it probably lost 70% of its value

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for posting the pics Opie. Glad they got it off but the inside must be in rough shape. That was ugly. Lessons learned!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The big question now is IF they can get that giant trailer off the ice. Might not be so easy if they can's get the wheels to work. Soft shore line ice may be an issue, hell it just may break through and sink to the bottom with these temps.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I watched the video on the last page showing the big house w/hydraulics, etc. There's one thing I don't understand about that setup. Why on earth isn't there a fishing hole you can access from the shitter?

some of the smaller ones do have a hole by the shitter!!!

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The big question now is IF they can get that giant trailer off the ice. Might not be so easy if they can's get the wheels to work. Soft shore line ice may be an issue, hell it just may break through and sink to the bottom with these temps.
1_HKuEBSHQBRCTCfhmTrpsNg.jpeg

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fashion some kind of skids to put under the wheels with something like a 8 inch block under the tires to raise it up and pull it off.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
This ice season was mostly full of a lot of suckiness. I rented houses a couple times and left my wheel house on shore.

Opie11

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's on dry ground.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.facebook.com/rick.sprinkle.31/videos/10161634074870048/UzpfSTE1NzQ0NDY5MjI6MTAyMTYzNDA0ODgwMTYxOTU/?comment_id=10216340616419405&notif_id=1553892286072338&notif_t=feed_comment

[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure how to steal the video off of facebook and get it on here. Maybe someone smart can help?

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Knowing how "well built" ice castles are I'm sure there is lot's of damage to that thing. Guessing you'll be seeing an add on bis-man for a "lightly used" ice castle. :D

Perhaps it is "lightly used", you have no idea how old this castle is. Nor do you know how often it was used. Now if it was listed as "been wet", then you may be a little more accurate. Kind of like exercise equipment, have you ever seen an ad for exercise equipment that didn't say "Just like new."?

Glad he got it out, has to be a relief.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6