Garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you talking about blossom end rot?

If so you can treat this by spraying a cal-mag supplement on the plant. I use MagiCal by Techniflora... 10ml/gallon of water once a week. Works for peppers also..

Thanks Lycan, That looks like what I have going on . My plants are just loaded with tomatoes, I wonder if I am too late to do anything about it this season ? The good thing is that I have way too many tomatoes anyway, I have a bunch like LBrandt mentioned and cherry tomatoes , they are delicious and no rot.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get that every year, tomatoe blyte. That's what Gma called it. Tried different spots in garden, same thing. Cherry tomato, excellent. On a water timer, so not lacking.
Might need to try the spray method if can catch early enough.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you talking about blossom end rot?

If so you can treat this by spraying a cal-mag supplement on the plant. I use MagiCal by Techniflora... 10ml/gallon of water once a week. Works for peppers also..

Thanks Lycan, That looks like what I have going on . My plants are just loaded with tomatoes, I wonder if I am too late to do anything about it this season ? The good thing is that I have way too many tomatoes anyway, I have a bunch like LBrandt mentioned and cherry tomatoes , they are delicious and no rot.
If you spray the plants it should take effect almost immediately, wont cure tomatoes that are damaged but new ones will look much better. I started about a month ago and it fixed mine right up.
I

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
garden.jpgcarrots and radish's are all done, most sweet corn and kohlrabi's are done and gone, sunflowers and red corn are starting to dry, cucumbers and buttercup squash are all over the place. vines got so thick and spread I forgot which type of pumpkins and gourds are hiding in there but I did find a few giants, only found a couple of watermelons but they could be hiding also. I'm little worried about the cold night temps lately.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not want a garden this year... BUT the wife said she wanted one and was going to take care of it. To say the least..I pulled all of the cages and buckets and mowed it down 2 days ago. Absolute waste of my time this year. The damn weeds that she was "going" to get to were atleast 3 feet tall. Lesson learned.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife is not aloud in my garden, cannot tell the difference between weeds and plants. While I was at KDM's for the bullhead tourney all my wild cheery tomato plants near the cucumber hills were lying in the yard. Wife was so proud that she pulled all those "big weeds" out of my garden until I held one of weeds under her nose and what does that smell like? "tomato" stay the hell out of the garden. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose so she don't have to help weed.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not want a garden this year... BUT the wife said she wanted one and was going to take care of it. To say the least..I pulled all of the cages and buckets and mowed it down 2 days ago. Absolute waste of my time this year. The damn weeds that she was "going" to get to were atleast 3 feet tall. Lesson learned.

Don't feel bad, I mowed down about 50% of my corn this year. It got a poor start with the dry spring and looked pretty ragged by the end of July when I finally got tired of looking at it.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_1416.jpg

Heirloom tomatoes. The Cherokee Green tomatoes are very sweet and seem to be disease resistant with heavy yields.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
18 jars of salsa last weekend. Another great way this shit turned out to be .

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Potato ? I under stand that a guy can leave the potatoes in the ground until just before it freezes, but should a guy water them? Mine haven't gotten any water since the last time it rained, at lest 2 to weeks ago and its getting pretty dry.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dug the last of mine Friday. Its a lot easier if the ground is wet.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Frost is on the pumpkin, time for dinkie dunkin.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did someone say potatoes? I got some whoppers this year, didnt even plant any, they were volunteers from spuds I missed last year when digging.
20171007_114936.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This calls for a weigh in for bragging rights. I haven't saw potatoes as big as you and Tikkalover grew since my Great Uncle got too old to garden.

- - - Updated - - -

Cut a huge carrot into French fries last night and coated with olive oil and seasoned it pepper jerky mix. Baked first then broiled some crispyness on them. Don't knock it till you try it, It was delicious.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This calls for a weigh in for bragging rights. I haven't saw potatoes as big as you and Tikkalover grew since my Great Uncle got too old to garden.

- - - Updated - - -

Cut a huge carrot into French fries last night and coated with olive oil and seasoned it pepper jerky mix. Baked first then broiled some crispyness on them. Don't knock it till you try it, It was delicious.

i have a bumper crop of carrots and when i get back from idaho i will be trying that it sounds great

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suggestion for carrots. Leave them in late as possible. They just get sweeter. I have pulled them in December more than once.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill have to weigh it tonight, its been out of the ground a few days so its lost a bit Im sure...

- - - Updated - - -

20171010_183100.jpg
I WIN!!! Any more challengers?

Last edited:

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
garden2.jpghere's the pick of the patch, whole lotta vines with not very much on them, but what there was were good ones, sweet corn didn't turn out too well, and only had one watermelon about the size of a softball

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 335
  • This month: 215
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74