Getting old sucks!!!

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out to grassy butte to help my brother brand today. Normally I sit on a horse and rope calves all day, but today I decided to wrestle calves. Bad idea!! I got back home this evening and literally fell out of the pickup. Off to the the chiropractor on Monday, if I can make it that long.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t feel bad, I helped give shots for 2 weekends and was finished. Squats are not a fat guy’s friend

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pretty sure you boys got aways to go before you catch me.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worked 160 heifers a couple weeks ago with a friend and the two day stiffness was a barrel of laughs. Finding out one's NOT the tip of the spear anymore, but closer to the other end really smacks the hell outta the ego. Guess I'll just go Muddin'. (Grin)

Coyotefool69

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mr. Roybob, I've seen you rope, all you do is sit on your horse, drink beer and bark orders. Don't kid yourself sir!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad used to say "Your only as old as you feel", but after working 6 weeks straight with the last 4 being around or over 100 hour weeks, I feel like I'm 80 instead of 56. ;:;banghead ;;;;;;;

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting so old that I may have to reduce my softball nights to 1.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In time i assume it will come to me also. db-2

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got cattle to weork next weekend for the neighbor. As long as it's me and my one buddy working the back we usually don't get too banged up, will have to see who the other people are that show up. Some are good and other times it would be better if it was just 3 of us vs 5.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well boys let me tell you how my last few weeks have gone.
As most of you know i have had 2 neck surgeries (last one i had a mini stroke) and 5 1/2 back surgeries. Well on May 3rd i had another stroke & things weren't looking real good for a day or so. Anyways mostly back to normal but when i get tired i do slur my words and drag my right leg and my right hand and arm aren't as strong as they were.
Supppose to use a cane just in case i lose my balance which does happen sometimes.
After the CT scans and MRI they found out i had the good stroke (if any of them are good) mine was caused by plague. My Carotid arteries on both sides of my neck are 90% blocked. This might have been a God send as at 95% they don't do surgery to try and remove the plague. Went through a lot of heart and lung tests in March and April and everything looked very good for an old geezer!
First surgery will be on June 4th (Monday) and if all goes well second will be 2-6 weeks later. They will slice the neck and expose the Carotid artery and slice it open where it is blocked and take the plague out and then stitch it all up. Said it usually takes an hour or so if no complications.
My memory is worse than before and sometimes i have to search for words. I can see them but can't say them. Strange feeling!
Anyway happy to be alive and happier not to be in a nursing home!!!
I feel i have been truly blessed once again to come out of this, this good. Still in very dangerous territory according to the Doctor but just have to stay calm and learn to relax he says. Much easier said than done with me.
Don't want anyones sympathy but will take all your prayers that you have to give!
Life is good and the alternative not so much...

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want my near infinite ball of energy back, but I guess I'll keep plugging along:;:rockit

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey BBJ!!

Whens the yard sale? :;:smokin

I understand how you feel and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh yeah, don't forget the $2500 I loaned you.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Marked the day on my calendar BBJ will say extra for you. You will be just fine. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 181
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57