Good advice to the next generation

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who do we want to blame for the deficit? I was born in 1950, not able to vote until the later 60's. It was in the early to mid 60's when a lot of the social programs started. Vietnam escalated about the same time and was very costly with a debatable outcome. Kind of eliminates the boomers from the discussion of causing the deficit. It's probably more accurate that just about every generation alive today has some responsibility. Note I said generation, not individual, is responsible.

Was I a cause? Did use some government loans for college and repaid them on time so I used some benefits. Have used Federal crop insurance, have never not repaid a loan on time. Never been on any kind of federal or state aid as I'm guessing is the norm for a lot of NoDakers, yet many of us have taken advantage of some type of government programs. How many of us have never used an ethanol product? If you use electricity some of that power comes from wind energy, a huge benefactor of federal aid.

My point? We all are somewhat responsible for the deficit. When you read the news pay attention to how often one of our Representatives or Senators always makes the press release about some new program available to the residents of the state. Ex.: Senator or Representative so and so announces a $3.4 million bill that will aid in the construction of whatever. And we proudly reelect them because of what they can do for the state. Multiply that by 50 and we have a deficit.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
I am 38...So depending who you go by you miss being a baby boomer by one year.... i care because you are talking a bunch of garbage about some people who are older than me who have worked harder than i can imagine. Have earned every bit of what they have so to generalize like that is not right. It would be like me saying all the bison fans are a bunch of drunks because you posted a picture of your four runner loaded with a bunch of swill..... so you are driving a four runner or a pick up which is it..

41298656_10160738278085175_5827128863745900544_n.jpg

Since baby boomers took over, our national debt has risen 1900%. Purchasing power has decreased by 70%. Baby boomer policy has contributed greatly to our issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Who do we want to blame for the deficit? I was born in 1950, not able to vote until the later 60's. It was in the early to mid 60's when a lot of the social programs started. Vietnam escalated about the same time and was very costly with a debatable outcome. Kind of eliminates the boomers from the discussion of causing the deficit. It's probably more accurate that just about every generation alive today has some responsibility. Note I said generation, not individual, is responsible.

Was I a cause? Did use some government loans for college and repaid them on time so I used some benefits. Have used Federal crop insurance, have never not repaid a loan on time. Never been on any kind of federal or state aid as I'm guessing is the norm for a lot of NoDakers, yet many of us have taken advantage of some type of government programs. How many of us have never used an ethanol product? If you use electricity some of that power comes from wind energy, a huge benefactor of federal aid.

My point? We all are somewhat responsible for the deficit. When you read the news pay attention to how often one of our Representatives or Senators always makes the press release about some new program available to the residents of the state. Ex.: Senator or Representative so and so announces a $3.4 million bill that will aid in the construction of whatever. And we proudly reelect them because of what they can do for the state. Multiply that by 50 and we have a deficit.

I think deficit issues are much more complex than this. Over half of the US budget is manditory spending (medicare and SS). Medicare tax is 5 times less than SS yet medicare spending is higher than SS. This is a baby boomer policy that is sinking us.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
National debt is a joke everyone owes someone something in the world, nobody is ever I mean ever going to come and collect our debt. Its just a number people for people to convers with about a number that will never be asked to collect. The biggest thing for me is to remember that freedom isnt free, you only live once so use it wisely, maintain a direct line to our father, always take care of your own side of the street before you decide to proceed to tell someone else how to clean thier, and protect rights given to us by those who have fought in our behalf.
If anyone thinks I am wrong about the national debt find out how many countries owe us money as far back as ww1

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome back to FBO.

Yeah so what we are a family of brothers in a common interests, we fight we laugh we cry we share it's called being a human being. If you don't like it don't read it becuase when we decide that we don't want to read about someone's differnt of opinion and banish them never to return thats when history repeats itself.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh whatever take the personal shit to Facebook. You don't like me. Do I care nope.

I neither like nor dislike you, I don't know you. However I do not like your personal attack on me for no reason. All I have to judge you on is your immature remarks. I don't go to Facebook to fight with people. If that's what you want to do lets do it right here but I do hate to fight with an unarmed opponent.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meanwhile, baby boomers are continuing to divorce at unprecedented rates. Bloomberg cites data from the Bowling Green’s National Center for Family & Marriage Research which shows that the divorce rate for 55- to 64-year-olds more than doubled from 1990 to 2012 while divorces for the over-65 crowd tripled.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20180104_112011827.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20180104_112011827.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

No snow. I like SD Kurt lots of bears but a nice speed limit

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Retired Educator thinks along the same lines as I. Every generation has added debt. Big problem is the Feds don't have to balance the budget and won't. Everybody agrees to cut backs but nobody wants there little program cut. The same thing is happening now with the Tax bill.....the idea is to raise the standard deduction and eliminate many of the itemized deductions. In principle, people like that until they hear that their specific deduction is getting eliminated. People seem less inclined to accept things that are for the greater good unless it is good for them individually.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Medicare is not a little program.

along with IHS, food stamps, agg programs and the such no one wants there program cut but the deficit the deficit ........

- - - Updated - - -

Medicare is not a little program.

- - - Updated - - -

Baby boomer policy has taken us from $990,000,000,000 debt to $20,000,000,000,000.

its because of their bitch grand kids........

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
along with IHS, food stamps, agg programs and the such no one wants there program cut but the deficit the deficit ........

Nearly $700,000,000,000 per year spent on Medicare. How much on your programs you brought up?

- - - Updated - - -

its because of their bitch grand kids........

Lets see some numbers.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
a shit ton thats like 3000 because a regular ton is 2000

- - - Updated - - -

$1455,1455.06 or $1,125,124.12 those are some sweet numbers

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
a shit ton thats like 3000 because a regular ton is 2000

- - - Updated - - -

$1455,1455.06 or $1,125,124.12 those are some sweet numbers

Here are more numbers for you. If a baby boomer hit the work force in 1966, paid the max amount possible into medicare and retired in 2007, they would have only contributed about $25k. If they received the average Medicaid assistance amount since retiring, they may have received over $75k. Who do think paid for that? I am guessing those bitch grandchildren.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 32
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10