GOUT

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tart cherry extract in pill form has helped me I am younger 30 and had my first flare up about a year ago, didn't know what the hell was going on could barely walk by toe hurt so bad. But have been taking a tart cherry extract capsule everyday and have only had two minor flare ups.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take at least 800mg of Ibuprofen a day. Sometimes more. Never had Gout. If you have gout it probably compounds it

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
it absolutely positively sux... i can just look at all the good norske holiday food and start to feel it...

i used to have nightmares bout having an attack 10 miles from the truck when out hunting...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take at least 800mg of Ibuprofen a day. Sometimes more. Never had Gout. If you have gout it probably compounds it

that's one lucky liver you got there

- - - Updated - - -

like I said - body chemistries are complex/unique

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting read,sure worked for me this winter both fighting the crud going around and my knee pain.

[h=1]Doctors Have No Explanation: Boil Cinnamon And Honey And Cure Arthritis, Cancer, Gallbaladder, Cholesterol And 10 Other Diseases[/h]John Peterson | November 14, 2016 | Health
[FONT=&quot]The combination of honey and cinnamon has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. Thesetwo ingredients with unique healing abilities have a long history as a “home remedy”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices known to mankind and honey’s popularity does not wane throughout history.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cinnamon essential oil and enzyme which produces hydrogen peroxide which is found in honey, are the two “anti-microbial” foods that have the ability to stop the growth of bacteria and fungi.[/FONT]
[h=3]It is known that honey and cinnamon are a very healthy combination, but do you know what really heal?[/h][h=3]Heart disease[/h][FONT=&quot]Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder.You can combine it with breat and eat it regularly for breakfast. This will reduce the level of cholesterol in the arteries and prevent heart attack.[/FONT]
[h=3]Arthritis[/h][FONT=&quot]In a glass of warm water mix two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Drinking in the morning and evening. With regular consumption you can cure chronic arthritis.[/FONT]
[h=3]Gallbladder infection[/h][FONT=&quot]In a glass of warm water mix two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey. Drinking every day. This will destroy microbes in the gallbladder.[/FONT]
[h=3]Cholesterol[/h][FONT=&quot]Mix two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon in a cup of tea. As soon as you drink this tea, your cholesterol levels will be reduced by 10% within two hours.[/FONT]
[h=3]Cold[/h][FONT=&quot]If you suffer from colds, take a tablespoon of honey with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Take it for three days. This will cure the common cold, chronic cough and nasal congestion.[/FONT]

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting read,sure worked for me this winter both fighting the crud going around and my knee pain.

Doctors Have No Explanation: Boil Cinnamon And Honey And Cure Arthritis, Cancer, Gallbaladder, Cholesterol And 10 Other Diseases

John Peterson | November 14, 2016 | Health
The combination of honey and cinnamon has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. Thesetwo ingredients with unique healing abilities have a long history as a “home remedy”
Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices known to mankind and honey’s popularity does not wane throughout history.
Cinnamon essential oil and enzyme which produces hydrogen peroxide which is found in honey, are the two “anti-microbial” foods that have the ability to stop the growth of bacteria and fungi.
It is known that honey and cinnamon are a very healthy combination, but do you know what really heal?

Heart disease

Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder.You can combine it with breat and eat it regularly for breakfast. This will reduce the level of cholesterol in the arteries and prevent heart attack.
Arthritis

In a glass of warm water mix two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Drinking in the morning and evening. With regular consumption you can cure chronic arthritis.
Gallbladder infection

In a glass of warm water mix two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey. Drinking every day. This will destroy microbes in the gallbladder.
Cholesterol

Mix two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon in a cup of tea. As soon as you drink this tea, your cholesterol levels will be reduced by 10% within two hours.
Cold

If you suffer from colds, take a tablespoon of honey with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Take it for three days. This will cure the common cold, chronic cough and nasal congestion.

So, you bought some bees and a license to sell Watkins...

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come to think of it, since I switched from beer to Scotch or Irish whiskey I haven't had an episode of gout.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member

Doctors Have No Explanation: Boil Cinnamon And Honey And Cure Arthritis, Cancer, Gallbaladder, Cholesterol And 10 Other Diseases

John Peterson | November 14, 2016 | Health
The combination of honey and cinnamon has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. Thesetwo ingredients with unique healing abilities have a long history as a “home remedy”
Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices known to mankind and honey’s popularity does not wane throughout history.
Cinnamon essential oil and enzyme which produces hydrogen peroxide which is found in honey, are the two “anti-microbial” foods that have the ability to stop the growth of bacteria and fungi.
It is known that honey and cinnamon are a very healthy combination, but do you know what really heal?

Heart disease

Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder.You can combine it with breat and eat it regularly for breakfast. This will reduce the level of cholesterol in the arteries and prevent heart attack.
Arthritis

In a glass of warm water mix two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Drinking in the morning and evening. With regular consumption you can cure chronic arthritis.
Gallbladder infection

In a glass of warm water mix two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey. Drinking every day. This will destroy microbes in the gallbladder.
Cholesterol

Mix two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon in a cup of tea. As soon as you drink this tea, your cholesterol levels will be reduced by 10% within two hours.
Cold

If you suffer from colds, take a tablespoon of honey with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Take it for three days. This will cure the common cold, chronic cough and nasal congestion.

Good info snow. I'll keep this in mind. I can't relate to you fellas and the gout other than I think I know what it feels like, and its not cool. When I was around 20ish I had some bad pain in my feet, to the point I could barely put work boots on in the morning, so I was crushing ibuprofen like no other. Finally went to the doc and gout was the first check, followed by bone cancer. Both negative. Turned out I have arthritis. Spent some time on Methotrexate, which is real bad for the liver. Upped the dose until it was getting to the point they needed to do liver biopsies to make sure it was still kicking so they switched me to Humira. Hot damn was that ever a life changer. No more pain for this guy.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The worst pain I ever had in my life was the first bout of gout I had. Could only lay on the recliner for a week and cry if I moved. Used Allopurinol for a while but finally got off my ass and increased my activity level and haven't had a bout in a couple of years. Dropped the Allopurinol about a year ago. Started playing table tennis 2 or 3 times a week last July and feel like a new man. Would like to feel a new woman too, but that's for another thread. :D

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
fun isn't it? ha ha ha

I thought I maybe slept walked that night and kicked the wall or something. I am in pretty good overall health too, could loose 20-30 lbs, but everything else checks out good. My Grandpa gets gout pretty bad, and it can be hereditary to I guess.

Last edited:

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​This is worth discussing again after 2 1/2 years. At 72 I just am having my first round with gout. So anyone else with recent experience??? Suprise to me how much pain can be in a big toe.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a battle with gout about a year ago just after knee replacement surgery. Some research I read that after surgeries and some trauma to the body gout can manifest. It is the only battle with it so far. Having the gout in one leg and trying to rehab the other from knee replacement at the same time really sucked. My dad has it bad at times and I am sure I have future battles in store with it unfortunately.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
​This is worth discussing again after 2 1/2 years. At 72 I just am having my first round with gout. So anyone else with recent experience??? Suprise to me how much pain can be in a big toe.

so sorry to hear that - it's a super nasty thing - and for some reason everybody laughs at the word : )

prednisone gives me nearly complete relief - on the rare occasion I get a bout since I quit domestic beers

the key is to have prednisone on hand and take a high dose immediately (two 20mg first two days) followed by a taper

I have also discovered that beans of any type get my toes feeling "the ache" - so I quit those too

I should just do the allopurinol and move on

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73