GOUT

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll have to google that , I haven't stubbed it ever that I can recall. If it's gout it must be a mild case. I just had an "event" last night so it's fresh on my mind , was watching tv and talking to my bride and bang it hit , stabbing pain for just a couple seconds , then it went away for maybe 5-10 seconds then repeat same intervals 5 or 6 times and it was gone. Pain so intense that It dropped me from a sitting position on the couch to laying position . I don't over react to pain but this was short term scale 10 that made me holler aaaaawwww. a minute later I was laughing about it.

If it's short-term, as on the order of minutes, it probably isn't gout and might be this neuropathy thing. Gout pain usually lasts for a day or 10. I've been mostly gout free since I started allopurinol around 14 years ago.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You guys been talking gout for too long. Now I have a charlie horse in my left leg calf that keeps coming back every few hours. Someabitch it will hurt. LB

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The distilled water is in "my" theory. Dad would develop boils of the shit on his toe joints and fooling with the med bureaucracy became too much horseshit. The rest of my post is from doctors-- internet and otherwise.

Dad LOVED tomatoes. He decided a bit too late in life to discover yellows.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's short-term, as on the order of minutes, it probably isn't gout and might be this neuropathy thing. Gout pain usually lasts for a day or 10. I've been mostly gout free since I started allopurinol around 14 years ago.
Allen do take Allopurinol continually or just when you feel it coming on?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen do take Allopurinol continually or just when you feel it coming on?
Allopurinol is preventative. Going to need prednisone or something to knock it out once it starts. I did have someone tell me that if you feel an attack coming naproxen will nip it in the bud. He said his buddy’s wife who was a nurse said it would end the flare up

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately my symptoms are the same. With no known cause. I walk with a cane most of the time. Been to the ER three times due to falls. Over 30 sessions of PT. Can't feel much with my hands. Hunting is over. It's a terrible disease with no cure. Lyrica for pain. Alpha Lipoic Acid supplement has reduced some of my toe pain. It's cheap and available on Amazon. Have your dad try it.
God Bless and Godspeed Bdub.

On my last hunt with Dad I got to see him faceplant a gravel road trying to step over a fallen sapling using a "snake stick" and sporterized Mauser strapped across his chest. On the way up the hill he told me his foot was "full" of gout. It took a month for the black and blue to drain from his face. It wasn't his last hunt but I'm told he couldn't shoot beyond 50yds and his ego resulted in a few touchy moments with basic gun safety. Dad shot his last deer from his blind in 2016. He died in 2021.

I will NEVER be on a similar med regime as Dad or voluntarily accept a COVID 19/AIDS "vac" (which he did--not AIDS--doesn't exist--Thank God)--Not saying the "Vac" did him in: Can't: I'm saying FUCK BIG PHARMA, take care of your prostate and piss more.

Please God don't let this be just big talk.

That is all.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
May have already been mentioned but organ meat is another cause. Dad loved liver sausage but a little to much of it and he was suffering

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I broke my big left toe many years ago and that is where my gout sets in. Allopurinol on the daily and a supply of indomethacin if that ugly creature rears its head.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm EXTREMELY against all medications! I realize they have their place, but if I can take care of it without medicating I'm all for that as a first resort! IMO people take the easy way out and tend to just take a pill to make things better. Not to mention ALOT of the physicians out there are too prescription happy for my liking!!

Nevertheless, after battling 3 years with a gout diagnosis I finally gave into my doctors prescription of alopurinol. (I even quit drinking altogether...I know, hell froze over)

Zero side effects, that I can tell, and zero flare ups since. (and it's cheap!!)

Gout is one of those aliments that is a SOB to try and take care of!! Not only is it extremely painful and rather debilitating, there are so many triggers it's damn near impossible to "naturally" remediate. Just take a gander at all the foods that are high in purines. You'll be surprised!!

PS: It still pisses me off in a way that I "need" a prescription though!! I guess I'll have to get over that eventually.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep Jiffy everyone like to blame seafood, booze and organ meat but the lists of triggers are about damn impossible to navigate. Spinach, certain fruits etc. It’s ridiculous what all is high in purines

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beer was always my main trigger. Took me years to figure it out too. Ugh.

ANY domestic is wicked risky - two or three of those and a week later I was in pain. Also - ibuprofen made it worse.

I should have gone allopurinol like Jiffy - but loathe leaning on meds like he does. Last resort for me too - but gout has a guy popping pills like a hippy in no time at all.

Haven't had a twinge in over a year. Fingers crossed. Prednisone and/or diclofenac hammers gout in 24 hrs. But it makes me grumpy/robotic. Hard to describe.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My Dad would get it a few times a year. After we got him Cherry juice, the concentrate king, never a issue again. He would drink a little everyday. I dont think he had a flair up in close to 3 yrs.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Dad would get it a few times a year. After we got him Cherry juice, the concentrate king, never a issue again. He would drink a little everyday. I dont think he had a flair up in close to 3 yrs.

Come to think of it , My mom drank cranberry juice for gout.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76