GOUT

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven’t tried those other pain relievers - Tylenol works for me now so I use that. Didn’t do squat when I was younger though.

Has allopurinol completely eliminated gout for you drayweb?

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I haven’t tried those other pain relievers - Tylenol works for me now so I use that. Didn’t do squat when I was younger though.

Has allopurinol completely eliminated gout for you drayweb?

It seems to be working. My doctor had to raise my dosage to 300 mg per day because my uric acid level was still high.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
After 2 1/2 years it came back. Printed the BBJ recipes THX! Got new prescription of Prednisone.
I hear the pork can be the culprit. I had 2 days in a row of the best bacon I have had in years. I agree with what Jay Kay said about the sensitivity.

"Gotta sleep with your foot above the covers.

At the peak of a flare-up, during the night, you can feel individual molecules of air hitting your toe.

A dust-mote landing on your toe-joint, will make you sweat and pee a little bit."

YUP ^^^^^^

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny this came up, had a chat with the landlord and he suggested "Gout Out", so being a moron I walmarted that bitch right to my door. The SOBs swapped what I ordered for a pill with less "stuff" in it... can the asteroid just go ahead and hit this stinkhole planet already.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
My uric acid level was high at my last physical so the doc gave me a 1 month trial of allopurinol. That obviously prompted an immediate gout flare up so I just got done with a round of prednisone. Finished up the allopurinol scrip and went in for another blood test. Haven’t heard from the doc yet. Gout SUCKS!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It must hurt like a bugger , my Mom had bouts with gout a couple times when she was in her 90's, she had been through a lot but she said gout hurt worse than anything she had ever endured. I don't think it's gout that I have but I must have nerve damage in my right foot , about once a month or so it feels like someone is jabbing a needle in it , usually in the top of my big toe . Then about once every 3-4 months or so I get an itch that is deep in the tissue , scratching the surface just makes it worse. The good thing is that it only lasts a few minutes and then gone it's but it would drive me insane if it lasted any longer. I figured out if I stand barefoot on cold cement or in the snow and seems to go away faster. weird .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
BIg toe of right foot? That's literally one of the biggest clues that it is gout.

Unless you stubbed your toe recently.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
BIg toe of right foot? That's literally one of the biggest clues that it is gout.

Unless you stubbed your toe recently.

I'll have to google that , I haven't stubbed it ever that I can recall. If it's gout it must be a mild case. I just had an "event" last night so it's fresh on my mind , was watching tv and talking to my bride and bang it hit , stabbing pain for just a couple seconds , then it went away for maybe 5-10 seconds then repeat same intervals 5 or 6 times and it was gone. Pain so intense that It dropped me from a sitting position on the couch to laying position . I don't over react to pain but this was short term scale 10 that made me holler aaaaawwww. a minute later I was laughing about it.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
It must hurt like a bugger , my Mom had bouts with gout a couple times when she was in her 90's, she had been through a lot but she said gout hurt worse than anything she had ever endured. I don't think it's gout that I have but I must have nerve damage in my right foot , about once a month or so it feels like someone is jabbing a needle in it , usually in the top of my big toe . Then about once every 3-4 months or so I get an itch that is deep in the tissue , scratching the surface just makes it worse. The good thing is that it only lasts a few minutes and then gone it's but it would drive me insane if it lasted any longer. I figured out if I stand barefoot on cold cement or in the snow and seems to go away faster. weird .
Neuropathy.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have severe neuropathy. It only gets worse. I deal with the itching by blocking it out. A steel brush won’t help.

That sounds familiar . I try my best to block it out, It's all you can do. The more you try to scratch it the worse it gets.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How often do you get that deep itch ? For me it's only like 3-4 minutes a few times a year but seems like it's getting more often as time flies.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have severe neuropathy. It only gets worse. I deal with the itching by blocking it out. A steel brush won’t help.
My Dad has had that shit for like the last 20 years. He isn't a diabetic or a cancer patient, he was just one of the lucky ones to just get that crap. I think it might be from an old back injury he had back in the 80s but what do I know.
He has very little to no feeling in his feet anymore. Really affects his balance. He has to wear socks when he sleeps, somehow that prevents the tingling and itching. He is also starting to get the same feelings in his hands and fingers. He wears thin gloves almost all the time otherwise the tingling drives him nuts. Looks really werid to see him wearing gloves in the summer.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My father pretty much died from this shit. All I can offer (a lot he ignored as he had a big Democrat ego): I AM NOT A DOCTOR

-Drink a lot of pure/distilled water even if not thirsty. If the "warnings" are correct about drinking distilled water then it should absorb/flush out toxins/minerals

- Switch from your preferred alcohol to something you can like/stand--there's something in there causing this shit

- BIG--stop eating RED TOMATOS

- BIG--drink distilled water and eat cherry pills

- BIG--lance any swelling pustule on top of a joint; professionally or with a needle/razor blade

Dad's biggest problem was drinking water. He went through the days when not needing water was a sign of manhood/virility. He was a Democrat in the Democrat Bubble and it was hard to talk with him about anything within the scope of reality. He taught me how to shoot.

Mom used to like sending me pics of their "lance jobs". The ejecta is pure snow white with the consistency of plaster of paris. Drink water: Dad died about a week after having surgery to remove a 1/4lb of "plaster" from his left elbow. If this in in my future I'd appreciate going now.

Stay hydrated. Eat cherries.

That is all.

1674886106502.png

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My father pretty much died from this shit. All I can offer (a lot he ignored as he had a big Democrat ego): I AM NOT A DOCTOR

-Drink a lot of pure/distilled water even if not thirsty. If the "warnings" are correct about drinking distilled water then it should absorb/flush out toxins/minerals

- Switch from your preferred alcohol to something you can like/stand--there's something in there causing this shit

- BIG--stop eating RED TOMATOS

- BIG--drink distilled water and eat cherry pills

- BIG--lance any swelling pustule on top of a joint; professionally or with a needle/razor blade

Dad's biggest problem was drinking water. He went through the days when not needing water was a sign of manhood/virility. He was a Democrat in the Democrat Bubble and it was hard to talk with him about anything within the scope of reality. He taught me how to shoot.

Mom used to like sending me pics of their "lance jobs". The ejecta is pure snow white with the consistency of plaster of paris. Drink water: Dad died about a week after having surgery to remove a 1/4lb of "plaster" from his left elbow. If this in in my future I'd appreciate going now.

Stay hydrated. Eat cherries.

That is all.

1674886106502.png

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Dad has had that shit for like the last 20 years. He isn't a diabetic or a cancer patient, he was just one of the lucky ones to just get that crap. I think it might be from an old back injury he had back in the 80s but what do I know.
He has very little to no feeling in his feet anymore. Really affects his balance. He has to wear socks when he sleeps, somehow that prevents the tingling and itching. He is also starting to get the same feelings in his hands and fingers. He wears thin gloves almost all the time otherwise the tingling drives him nuts. Looks really werid to see him wearing gloves in the summer.
Unfortunately my symptoms are the same. With no known cause. I walk with a cane most of the time. Been to the ER three times due to falls. Over 30 sessions of PT. Can't feel much with my hands. Hunting is over. It's a terrible disease with no cure. Lyrica for pain. Alpha Lipoic Acid supplement has reduced some of my toe pain. It's cheap and available on Amazon. Have your dad try it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74