Green Bean Issues

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
I have never had any issues growing green bean until this year. I looked on and around the plant and didnt see any insects doing the damage. So I am assuming its a rust or blight issue. Whats your opinion? Any advice would help out a lot, thanks.

Attachments

20170619_191819_resized.jpg 20170623_083244_resized.jpg 20170623_083249_resized.jpg

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a bacterial blight. Experts recommend spraying with a bactericide containing copper

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blight. It may be too late to revive these. Beans should never be planted in the same location in consecutive years.

I map my garden every year. I move everything to a different location from the previous year. It helps but not necessarily eliminates blight.

I would spray as Fly noted. It's not too late to replant in another area.

Cool wet weather like we are having increases the blight problem.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have any other varieties planted? Last time I planted beans I planted 4 varieties and 1 out of the 4 looked exactly like above. Other 3 varieties in same row/area performed great. Interesting thing was, for the most part the ones that looked like above rebounded great in late June and July and actually produced just as well as the others. I had no idea what it was so I didn't treat it with anything.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks Everyone! I will give the bacteria blight treatment a try. They are planted in a new garden area that hasnt been planted before so crop rotation isnt the issue. Must have came in though the new soil. I planted a purple and wax variety, both of them look like this. Might be time to get some new seed and re-plant

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have cukes and a tomato plant that look like that, one of two plants.

They still look better than the peppers, carrots, raspberries, and honey berries that the fugging neighbor's goats have eaten.

★★★★★ Legendary Member

They still look better than the peppers, carrots, raspberries, and honey berries that the fugging neighbor's goats have eaten.

Goat goes well with vegies and is good eating too!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have the same problem , It's mostly my corn that looks bad, It came up nice and a lot of it started turning brown, More than normal this year.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
you clearly have too much fishing time if your messing around in a garden... I hear 2-4-D will free you up to fish more

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
going out in the garden is my quite time it helps me from wanting to ax murder people.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am kind of like Kurtr, Because if it weren't for my garden I would be in jail for strangling the crap out of someone.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31