House Bill 1151- Prohibiting baiting bans

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was emailing my rep back and forth and he said he was getting a little more opposed emails than for. Personally I was for the bill and want to keep baiting. The discussion in the senate today was interesting. Good points by those who spoke but i feel like the game and fish does need to be reigned in a bit. But I follow the CWD facebook page and after today I gotta say I'm pretty put off. It's another ND lockout scam and never had anything to do with baiting.
Yup it’s just our great game and fish saying hey look at us we can do whatever we want .

Founding Member
Founding Member
This should be in your letters to these Senators.

11-0 do pass in House Committee
75% do pass house vote
6-0 do pass senate Committee
75% written testimony by sportsman do pass
DO PASS BY
ND FARMERS UNION
ND STOCKMANS ASSOCIATION
ND FARM BUREAU.

Your no vote goes directly against the Sportsman and Land Owners or ND.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
This should be in your letters to these Senators.

11-0 do pass in House Committee
75% do pass house vote
6-0 do pass senate Committee
75% written testimony by sportsman do pass
DO PASS BY
ND FARMERS UNION
ND STOCKMANS ASSOCIATION
ND FARM BUREAU.

Your no vote goes directly against the Sportsman and Land Owners or ND.
Yeh you’re exactly right . This is f’n comical . Really it is .

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cannot prove or disprove science. db
That's true, but science can prove or disprove your hypothesis.
When my son interviewed for seminary a seminary asked when considering creation vs evolution what does science say? My son responded that science doesn't say anything people do. Unfortunately through funding liberals weaponized science long before the FBI and Justice Dept.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's true, but science can prove or disprove your hypothesis.
When my son interviewed for seminary a seminary asked when considering creation vs evolution what does science say? My son responded that science doesn't say anything people do. Unfortunately through funding liberals weaponized science long before the FBI and Justice Dept.
This isn’t really about cwd or science it’s about power and puffing their chest out

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a new, fresh start on this subject and rejection of bill 1155 this morning. Not sure now of what i have written except it fail. Cannot find now, for whatever reason, who was on the committee to approve so for now not sure of what i printed. Will need to work on this. Did email to some of the no's.
However, not sure if anyone won or lost on this but as i look out the window this morning i am sure there is a deer or two that made it because of feeding. Not sure how many died from CWD but if the herd is to be destroy from that disease there has to have been a bunch.

Game and fish, i just do not know. Did you contact those senate leaders but then they should have a mind of their own. I guess we need to follow, not the science as that is unproven only a guess, but the common sense. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got the message out to all in Bismarck as shown on here by others.
They are gone until next Tuesday. Also ask them how many deer have been saved by feeding and how many have died by the science of CWD. Zero confirm. db

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got the message out to all in Bismarck as shown on here by others.
They are gone until next Tuesday. Also ask them how many deer have been saved by feeding and how many have died by the science of CWD. Zero confirm. db
The bill was brought forward for reconsideration at 12:30 today. Same numbers as yesterday. 21 yea, 26 nay. Bill is dead.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watch the Game and Fish flaunt their power now. Statewide baiting ban coming as fast as they can.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully this was a wake up call for everyone. G&F better manage based on sound statistics, and especially leave “ethics” out of it when it comes to legal take. And those seeking to sneak one past sportsmen by forming an alliance, only to have it come to light that it was the same “LOCKOUT” crowd pushing the same old BS have lost support. Best quote I saw shared from the CWD Facebook page was “how quickly we went from passing this bill to keep the kids involved to locking them out.”

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watch the Game and Fish flaunt their power now. Statewide baiting ban coming as fast as they can.
They can never ban baiting ! Never ….. hunting over bait yes but they don’t have the power to ban baiting . My guess is the bait piles will only increase now that they f’d with folks

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Will wait to fight another day.
Will continue with my food plots and winter feeding for all the wildlife.
Not sure what happen here and will probably never know, but after this i truly believe i am doing more good than harm and those who say no have kill more deer than i every have or will or what CWD will do.
Game and fish is not looking out for the overall welfare of wildlife or sportsmen.

Banning baiting is not a cure but a minor prevention. It has little effect on the disease and science is not a proof. Facts are. A cure needs to be found and i believe that will come with herd immunity. That comes by letting the disease run through the herd and time. Not by such method as killing all the deer by so call sharpshooters to stop it.

Ask game and fish how many confirm deaths over the years from CWD and then ask that same question about winter kills and starvation. Their answer to this disease has done more harm.
Common sense, which it appears, is not a trait of kids with book learning.

I will write one more time to our leaders in Bismarck addressing these same points.
Maybe in two years. db

Last edited:

wct12

Hopefully this was a wake up call for everyone. G&F better manage based on sound statistics, and especially leave “ethics” out of it when it comes to legal take. And those seeking to sneak one past sportsmen by forming an alliance, only to have it come to light that it was the same “LOCKOUT” crowd pushing the same old BS have lost support. Best quote I saw shared from the CWD Facebook page was “how quickly we went from passing this bill to keep the kids involved to locking them out.”
It's not the same old "lockout" crowd this time, trust me, it's bigger... Will land be locked out because of this. Absolutely it will. People are fed up. 75% support from testimony, 80% pass in the house, 6-0 do pass from senate.. failed narrowly on the floor. This is part of the reason term limits passed with the margin they did this last session.. people are fed up with government/government agencies.

16 of the 26 no votes came from grand forks, fargo, or bismarck/Mandan (2 more from minot). Some of the most vocal areas in the state on the support side via testimony came out with a no vote (williston/tioga) and senators not following what their constituents that voted them in wanted.

The game and fish went to the senate subcommittee with a "compromise" and it was shot down because people were fed up that it took that much action for them to finally come to the table. (This was pretty common knowledge to people on both sides of this bill)

If sportsmen in the valley don't want to speak out because they are unaffected currently that's fine.. but when a ban comes in place I'm willing to bet the tide turns and more sportsmen that use it as a tool over there currently speak out and contact those legislators.

The units where it has been banned, and now shot down by the senate have been left 1 hand to play which is a double edged sword but could garner the attention of the game and fish department and bring forth more discussions about the gap in understanding from landowners and this states game and fish. When hunters from fargo and grand forks or bismarck are up for moose season and a once in a lifetime tag to find access has been tightened up, they talk.. to the game and fish, to their fellow sportsmen's etc.. that's then brought up at advisory board meetings where those same landowners sit and then a discussion comes full circle as to why it happened.

Do I want to see access restricted? No I don't.. but thats what left and something the game and fish department/senate floor members will have come to terms with.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
But what is it you are looking for? I'm genuinely asking. Many admitted that it was never about baiting. All I see is that landowners are fed up with the game and fish, your rights are being violated, you wanted a compromise but now its too late. What is it that you want?

wct12

Senate members talking on the floor about the negative ethics side of it.. It's funny none of them talked "sound science" as the reason for a no vote. "Trust the experts" "it's not ethical" we're common themes.

There was only 1 side that pulled ethics into this bill, and it was brought up multiple times in written and verbal testimony for them.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not the same old "lockout" crowd this time, trust me, it's bigger... Will land be locked out because of this. Absolutely it will. People are fed up. 75% support from testimony, 80% pass in the house, 6-0 do pass from senate.. failed narrowly on the floor. This is part of the reason term limits passed with the margin they did this last session.. people are fed up with government/government agencies.

16 of the 26 no votes came from grand forks, fargo, or bismarck/Mandan (2 more from minot). Some of the most vocal areas in the state on the support side via testimony came out with a no vote (williston/tioga) and senators not following what their constituents that voted them in wanted.

The game and fish went to the senate subcommittee with a "compromise" and it was shot down because people were fed up that it took that much action for them to finally come to the table. (This was pretty common knowledge to people on both sides of this bill)

If sportsmen in the valley don't want to speak out because they are unaffected currently that's fine.. but when a ban comes in place I'm willing to bet the tide turns and more sportsmen that use it as a tool over there currently speak out and contact those legislators.

The units where it has been banned, and now shot down by the senate have been left 1 hand to play which is a double edged sword but could garner the attention of the game and fish department and bring forth more discussions about the gap in understanding from landowners and this states game and fish. When hunters from fargo and grand forks or bismarck are up for moose season and a once in a lifetime tag to find access has been tightened up, they talk.. to the game and fish, to their fellow sportsmen's etc.. that's then brought up at advisory board meetings where those same landowners sit and then a discussion comes full circle as to why it happened.

Do I want to see access restricted? No I don't.. but thats what left and something the game and fish department/senate floor members will have come to terms with.
What was the compromise? By the way I totally agree

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Senate members talking on the floor about the negative ethics side of it.. It's funny none of them talked "sound science" as the reason for a no vote. "Trust the experts" "it's not ethical" we're common themes.

There was only 1 side that pulled ethics into this bill, and it was brought up multiple times in written and verbal testimony for them.
Ethics ? lol let’s talk ethics . Let’s go to the badlands and spot and stalk a mule deer with a compound bow that can shoot 100 yards …. Ethics

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member

I hope every land owner in this state shuts down all access . Truly I do . This is unbelievable

wct12

What was the compromise? By the way I totally agree
I'm not positive exactly what the compromise was (dr bahnson asked me if a capacity limit would be a fair compromise in minot at the CWD meeting to which I responded yes) but the senators on the committee got the level of disgust/distrust that was the reason for this bill and that was why they shot it down.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11