I HATE coyotes!!!!





Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Posts
20,922
Likes
6,450
Points
1,008
Location
Mobridge,Sd
It’s wanton waste to leave them. It’s also courteous to the land owners that give me permission. I do euro skulls or tan tails on some if they are good.
There is no wanton waste on fur bearers but common sense is to make sure they are not some where it will piss the land owners off.

Wanton Waste Rules: North Dakota Game and Fish wanton waste regulations apply specifically to waterfowl, migratory game birds, and upland game (requiring reasonable efforts to retrieve edible flesh), not to furbearers like coyotes
 

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Posts
21,658
Likes
17,011
Points
983
There is no wanton waste on fur bearers but common sense is to make sure they are not some where it will piss the land owners off.

Wanton Waste Rules: North Dakota Game and Fish wanton waste regulations apply specifically to waterfowl, migratory game birds, and upland game (requiring reasonable efforts to retrieve edible flesh), not to furbearers like coyotes
That would be like retrieving praire dogs
 

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
11,781
Likes
1,888
Points
663
2 of 3 I shot a couple weeks ago had very large birds chowing down on them <4hrs post-flatline. 3rd may have too, didn’t go check. I did go and find them, too kersploded to do anything other than let Ma Nature recycle them into bird, varmint, and rodent dung.
 


wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Posts
3,781
Likes
1,661
Points
578
It’s wanton waste to leave them. It’s also courteous to the land owners that give me permission. I do euro skulls or tan tails on some if they are good.
I think he may have been referring to if they were worth something, why drag and ruin the hide. My first thought on reading 🤔
 

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Posts
260
Likes
121
Points
217
I think he may have been referring to if they were worth something, why drag and ruin the hide. My first thought on reading 🤔
Dragging coyotes does not harm the fur. Maybe if you pulled them backwards through thickets but I still doubt it. Head first the fur slides right through, at least in the 100s I’ve dragged. Didn’t know I did so much wrong the last 25 years. Have to come here and get dismantled by the desktop warriors I guess. I hope everyone gets out and enjoys the outdoors this weekend. Some of you grumpy buggers need it.
 

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
11,781
Likes
1,888
Points
663
Only appreciable about of hair I’ve seen pulled out of a furbearer is when a person lets lem freeze down to something. Doesn’t matter if it’s snow or the rubber mat in the back of your pickup, if they’re wet and freeze down you may lose some hair.

The most prolific predator hunter I know has a simple 2x4 wood frame with fairly “open” chicken-wire in the bed of his pickup. It keeps critters from freezing down to the pickup bed and minimizes hair loss
 

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

  • This month: 75
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
Top Bottom