Ice Auger

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't compare one brand to another as I purchased a Strikemaster Lazer Mag 10 years ago and that's all I use.

I have the same blades on it as when I purchased it. Still razor sharp. I'm not sure how that's possible as my dad had to replace his Eskimo's blades yearly. Maybe I don't cut in very dirty ice?? Either that, or I forgot what TRULY sharp blades will do and my auger will cut even faster if I just replaced them. Ha!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't compare one brand to another as I purchased a Strikemaster Lazer Mag 10 years ago and that's all I use.

I have the same blades on it as when I purchased it. Still razor sharp. I'm not sure how that's possible as my dad had to replace his Eskimo's blades yearly. Maybe I don't cut in very dirty ice?? Either that, or I forgot what TRULY sharp blades will do and my auger will cut even faster if I just replaced them. Ha!

I think it’s a sign that you’re not fishing enough. Your SM is lonely.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a like new SM 8.25” chipper auger and an extra blade if anyone is interested. $100

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like nils has a new powerhead to sponsor first it was Tanaka, the icegator, and now its trophy strike 120v
I guess strikemaster or ion dont want anything to do with nils
I wonder why k drill doesnt team up with any other company like Nils does.

What makes you think Nils teamed up with anybody? Its an ebay link with an overpriced auger combo. For $1200 I could buy a gas powered nils and the trophy strike.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
What does the Trophy Strike and Nils combo gets you over a Strikemaster Lithium 40V which is half the price? That ebay auction is through Marine General which I am guessing just put a combo deal together.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aron and pluckem if you look at the trophy strike website you will see that trophy strike is selling ice auger kits with nils master ice augers. Also when you buy a trophy strike ice auger that has a 10 inch auger you get the 8 inch nils for a hundred dollars becuase just buying the trophy strike with a 10 inch auger is 699. So yeah to me it looks like nils and trophy strike have teamed up to put the best ice auger combo on the market where in the past nils has teamed up with a off brand company to sell thier augers. Tanaka, icegator and now trophy strike well be selling exclusively with nils the greatest ice augers on the planet.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just for the record I have had such good luck with my Eskimo auger if it ever takes a crap I’ll be getting another. It’s going on over twenty years old and runs like the day I bought it. Have never had a problem with it, not one.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
The greatest augers on the planet that some are so good they are no longer in business.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah you can thank foreign made for that, if it wasnt for that we would still have a lot of those businesses still around like tecumseh.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have both sm 40v and eskimo hc40... i get more holes with the lazer blades than the quantum... i did 700+ on the lazer before i really noticed they dulled and quantam i was around 300 and dirty ice for the quantam was as low as 100... I've drilled more holes with the eskimo but so far the sm has my vote... i debated making an adapter to use my sm on the hc40 head

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve ran both SM and Eskimo blades. Eskimo blades are roughly 1/2 the money. When you hit a rock (small gravel pebble) with the SM, you’re done. Game over. The Eskimo will still cut. These are my findings. Eskimo gets the nod.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88