Interesting evening fishing

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out for a few hours after work to fish the river. After trying 3 spots with no luck I finally caught a small northern. Before I could catch another I hear screams coming from across the river. Didn't think much till it got closer I could hear it was a man and woman fighting. Long story short I ended up calling police. Soundslike things were just about to turn south. Said hell with fishing after that and went home. small northern.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a "Wet Blanket" ending to a day on the river. Hope your actions helped a bad situation from getting worse.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only in jamestown

If it makes you feel any better it's not only Jamestown. Same thing happened to my boy and I when we were camping at the rifle range south of Bismarck a few years ago. Called the cops and they did a welfare check and assured me everything was fine . There was still dust on the trail from the cop car when they started again. Called the cops back and they had another visit with them . Second time they must have gotten a good warning because they quit. I had a hard time sleeping in the tent wondering if the dick was going to sneak up and bash my head with a rock for calling the cops.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad we don't get many pike that size down on my stretch of the James. Good on u for doing the right thing

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe she had it coming...haha:;:

I was once trying to back my 5th wheel up the driveway, and mrs johnr was backing me up rather poorly, I was yelling out the window at her that if she cant see me in the mirror, that means I cant see her trying to give me directions. After about 10 attempts I lost it and was yelling at her like a giant douche, only to look over at my friend/neighbor standing there shaking his head at me. I felt like a total ass, and have come to understand screaming does not get your point across any better, and likely made me look like some jackass abuser.

I refrain from this type of activity now, but would have likely had the cops called on me for all my red faced, yelling, screaming, waving my hands in the air antics, had my neighbor not known that I am not a violent wife abuser.

Good on you for calling, as it is always better to be safe than sorry.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
get a camera for the back of the 5th wheel.....nobody calls the cops when you kick that dirty bitch

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
get a camera for the back of the 5th wheel.....nobody calls the cops when you kick that dirty bitch

Thanks for reminding me. I saw them here in Bismarck for about $99 a few months back. I need to get one before camping season begins as I'll be breaking in a new directions giver.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know what you tell a women with two black eyes?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy comes home from church with two black eyes. His buddy says "how'd you get two black eyes, I thought you were going to church?".
Guy says, "when we stood up, the gal in front of me had her dress stuck in her crack, so I pulled it out".
Buddy says "how'd you get the other black eye?"
Guy says, "after she hit me, I figured she must have wanted her dress there, so I put it back.."

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I call that 'river trash', you get that stuff all the time at the midtown and north dam in Fargo. Have also seen similar things at Durbin. Always something interesting happening on the river

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats what happens when you LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
...I had a hard time sleeping in the tent wondering if the dick was going to sneak up and bash my head with a rock for calling the cops.

Similar situation for me years ago. Sucks to be alone in the boonies with strangers you're afraid may turn on you. I've been carrying ever since.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Similar situation for me years ago. Sucks to be alone in the boonies with strangers you're afraid may turn on you. I've been carrying ever since.

We drove down a day early for a shooting competition so I had all sorts of protection but being around someone with a mentality like that I didn't even feel safe being armed, You never know their capabilities or what they might be on. No idea what must go through a womans head to put up with it. They sure put an end to our dreams of a relaxing camp and enjoying a nice quiet evening of fishing.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give me an obliviously inquisitive pre-teen who's loud and relentless over the above crap any day!!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
n
My late night fishing excursions were one of the main reasons I applied for a concealed carry as well. Definatley gives you some peace of mind.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31