Iso: Good hiking pack

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
Recently was approached by a buddy who wants to do some serious hiking, HOWEVER I do not have a pack sturdy enough for the job. Looking for something to use on a multi-day hike that wont break the bank.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kifaru
;:;popcorn

But seriously, search the form history for packs and you will find plenty of info.

Last edited:

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're looking for a pack to use for hiking/hunting, Kifaru is the best way to go. If you want something specifically for hiking, there are a lot of good options. A few that come to mind are kelty and seek outside.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're looking for a dedicated backpacking pack (not hauling mega weight or meat), do yourself a favor and spend a few extra bucks on an Osprey or Gregory. You can get by with a cheap pack, but why? Good ventilation, quality seams, metal zippers, etc. are all worth it for something you'll have strapped to your back for the bulk of each day. And if you're planning on making it serve double duty as a hunting pack, take GSM's advice and splurge on a Kifaru. Top notch

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kifaru, exo, stone glacier, mystery ranch, seek out side for just a back packing pack.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it just for hiking or will you use it for hunting as well? Day hikes? Overnight hikes? Where are you located? Best thing to do is try on a bunch of different packs with weight added. Go through and make sure the pack can get adjusted to fit YOU. With backpacks, you definitely pay for what you get.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
Is it just for hiking or will you use it for hunting as well? Day hikes? Overnight hikes? Where are you located? Best thing to do is try on a bunch of different packs with weight added. Go through and make sure the pack can get adjusted to fit YOU. With backpacks, you definitely pay for what you get.

The way it sounds, 2-3 night trips. mainly hiking, as I hunt within a days drive of home. I did purchase an internal frame pack that was on sale 75% off,

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
If you're looking for a pack to use for hiking/hunting, Kifaru is the best way to go. If you want something specifically for hiking, there are a lot of good options. A few that come to mind are kelty and seek outside.

Decided to spend a little money and went with the Kelty Coyote 80. looks like a great pack, just gotta wait for the weather to warm up and make a few runs.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Decided to spend a little money and went with the Kelty Coyote 80. looks like a great pack, just gotta wait for the weather to warm up and make a few runs.

That is a really good pack. I picked up it for half off on cabelas one day. I love the layout and it is very comfortable. You won't be disappointed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33