Kifaru Packs

summereyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering if anybody has used these packs, they are expensive but from the reviews I have saw they seem like a really good pack. Looking for first hand experience, I only use backpacks for elk hunting and I am interested in getting one but wanted some first hand information before pulling the trigger.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
No firsthand experience but I've heard good things about them. Go search the Rokslide forum. Lots of guys there use them. Mystery Ranch, Kuiu and Eberlestock are also good. I've got an Eberlestock J34 and really like it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went Stone Glacier Approach last fall instead of Kifaru. I've also got an Eberlestock J107 and a Badlands 2200. I like them all in different situations but I'll use the SG the most due to it only weighing ~3.5# vs. the Eberlestock's 9.25#.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a DT1 and absolutely love it. I picked it up right before elk season last year, and have been hiking with it all year. I live in Mandan if you'd like to take a look at it.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my 3rd year with Bikini frame and DT1. No elk blood in it yet (hopefully this year), but has hauled some deer, and lots of camps. Money well spent without a doubt. FWIW Kifaru just released a new frame so you can pick up the old Duplex and Bikini frames on the cheap. If you want to go with the new one (which I would) i wouldn't expect to order it now and get it this hunting season.

summereyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the information, I ended up ordering the ultralight frame and the nomad pack, only bad thing about the nomad is you have to accessorize it so much but I got the guide lid and the grab it two to go with it. Going elk hunting in October so hopefully I will have by then but we will see.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the information, I ended up ordering the ultralight frame and the nomad pack, only bad thing about the nomad is you have to accessorize it so much but I got the guide lid and the grab it two to go with it. Going elk hunting in October so hopefully I will have by then but we will see.

When is your expected ship date?

summereyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kevin told me It would ship on or before September 28, just in time for my hunt on the 13th of October.

Walker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I purchased the Kifaru Bikini frame,nomad bag, long hunter lid and grab-it and it's been a great pack. Expensive but the fit and comfort is great. I've used a bunch ofpacks before that for hauling meat;
2007-2009 -Eberlestock J34 -1 antelope, 1 WT doe, 2 muley bucks, 1 WT buck.
2009 -Eberlestock X2 – 1 Whitetail doe.
2010-2011 -Eberlestock Blue widow – 2 WT Bucks, 2 Antelope, 3 WT Does, 1 Muley Buck.
2012 - KuiuIcon 5000 2012 model – 1 antelope, 2 muley bucks, 2 WT does, 1 WT buck,
2013 - KuiuIcon 1850 bag (2012 frame and suspension) - bull elk, mule deer, 2-WT does.
2014- KifaruNomad, Bikini frame, longhunter lid and grab-it –Antelope buck, Spike elk, twoWT Bucks, WT doe

All the above where animals were boned out and/or quartered. The Kifaru is the best packthat I have used.

WannaBFishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the Late Season last year before heading to Colorado. Yes it is expensive but worth every dime as they are made for your body as in torso length and curvature. I have only had one pack before this and never realized how bad it really was as in weight and fit. Spend the money if you can afford it as you will not regret it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33