Losing my best friend.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear about your pooch. I read this this afternoon knowing I need to bury my own tonight after some spinless asshole swerved to hit him last night and kept of driving after he did. Nothing more worthless in this world than a coward that won't own up for his own antics
I feel your pain. I had to bury my 8 year old lab at the lake after he got spooked by fireworks and took off on July 1st. Found him 1/2 mile away on the highway a hour later ran over. Not sure if somebody swerved to hit him or not, but picking him up off the highway was one of the worst times in my life.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about your pooch. I read this this afternoon knowing I need to bury my own tonight after some spinless asshole swerved to hit him last night and kept of driving after he did. Nothing more worthless in this world than a coward that won't own up for his own antics

Was your dog running loose? And out on the road.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel your pain. I had to bury my 8 year old lab at the lake after he got spooked by fireworks and took off on July 1st. Found him 1/2 mile away on the highway a hour later ran over. Not sure if somebody swerved to hit him or not, but picking him up off the highway was one of the worst times in my life.
My little dog took off to go hide because of those f*ck'n worthless fireworks also July 1st. She must have been outside the garage/kennel when apparently someone lit an M-80 near us. 4 of my neighbors and I looked for over 3 hrs before finally found her under one of the other neighbors porches. Took her about a full week to recover.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I can't believe I'm posting this within a year of losing my girl, but my best bud, Rider, made his way home to the big cattail slough in the sky.
He was the best boy. My wife and I brought rider home the same year we got engaged. He was the ring bearer in our wedding. He was there through finishing school, opening businesses, having babies, buying a house, having more babies. Every memory I can think of as an adult, Rider was there.
On Friday Rides started to not eat. He didn't eat again saturday or sunday. He started getting really tired and could barely stand up. We were travelling, so as soon as we got home sunday evening we called into the emergency vet.
The vet took x-rays and found that he had a bladder tumor and it was getting so large that it was pressing on his intestines. There wasn't anything we could do for him and we made the hard choice.
My tough guy heart is shattered. Losing both of my old dogs in such a short amount of time has made me really think about my life and how much I've missed by being so "busy". It's time to slow down. Time isn't stopping and we need to make the most of it before it runs out. I know that someday the hurt will lessen, but I'll never forget about you big boy. I hope that everyone gets the chance to experience a dog like you.
453535800_10159411963650738_904578114103968349_n.jpg

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear about your loss, it tugs on a guys heart strings for sure.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gosh that is tough Aaron, no words can lesson the feeling of loss...so sorry man. Last May we put down our 17 year old fox terrier...had him since he was a pup...one of the hardest things I ever had to do. We rescued an 8 week old staffy/boxer/mastiff mix last August, he's 1 now and we love him just as much as the old boy we put down. God bless you guys as you deal with this loss.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
So very sorry to hear about this and to happen again within a year, really makes the pain hard to bear.
One always has the memories and a person has to remember how blessed we were to have them in our lives!

Losing a dear friend.jpg

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for your loss. I lost my best bud Merc a year ago today because of bladder cancer. Loosing your dog absolutely sucks.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure hate to hear of these things, its a terrible terrible feeling. My condolences to you and your family.
RIP Rider. . . hope you find my Abby and Gracie to play with.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
:( Sorry for your family’s loss Arron.

IMG_8043.jpeg

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all KNOW how you feel. Godspeed/God Bless. Get a new pup ASAP. It won't be Rider Boy; he/she will make different/precious memories. Awesome pic of Rider BTW: Sorry for your loss.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Condolences to you and your family Aaron. So hard to lose your bud like that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 83
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 25