• I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fixed. smart parent:;:huh

I don't know. I'd say weed is worse for a developing brain than booze , Neither are good but If I had to make a choice ,( Leaving driving out of the picture). Just my opinion based on science and observation. It furthers my opinion to legalize for adult use , Tax it and educate while using the surplus dogs to scare drugs out of the schools and youth events. Might not make sense to a lot of people but it makes sense to me. So far nothing else has seemed to be working to keep drugs away from kids.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back relationship you have with kids and the example we set. If parent is ok with cutting loose and doing different mind altering thing the kids will follow suit. Not necessarily with the same things however.

GSD

GSD Based on your experience would you estimate kids under the age of 21 are using MJ or booze more ? Same question for adults , Is there any way to estimate what % each group uses booze VS MJ ? Not necessarily arrests but a general observation.

I don’t think I’d be able to put a percentage on the alcohol vs mj thing. But in my personal experience when I started this job about 10 years ago I’d say alcohol was definitely a higher percentage than mj. It seems like over the last few years it has transitioned more to mj and tobacco especially vaping. I’d say the thing I see most in the high school age kids now is vaping. It honestly is like an epidemic in the schools. I’d say almost half the kids I deal with under the age of 18 are vaping now. And of those I catch with a vape I’d say a third of those we also find mj on as well. I honestly don’t see a ton of underage drinking as of the last few years. Not saying it isn’t happening because we all know it is. Just seems like most kids now are into smoking whether it be a vape or mj.

Now with that that being said it doesn’t mean it’s a definite thing that kids are using mj more than booze it’s just what I seem to come across more often. Now at the college age I feel like it switched back to booze. Still see a lot of mj there as well but booze seems much more prevalent than mj in that age class.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think I’d be able to put a percentage on the alcohol vs mj thing. But in my personal experience when I started this job about 10 years ago I’d say alcohol was definitely a higher percentage than mj. It seems like over the last few years it has transitioned more to mj and tobacco especially vaping. I’d say the thing I see most in the high school age kids now is vaping. It honestly is like an epidemic in the schools. I’d say almost half the kids I deal with under the age of 18 are vaping now. And of those I catch with a vape I’d say a third of those we also find mj on as well. I honestly don’t see a ton of underage drinking as of the last few years. Not saying it isn’t happening because we all know it is. Just seems like most kids now are into smoking whether it be a vape or mj.

Now with that that being said it doesn’t mean it’s a definite thing that kids are using mj more than booze it’s just what I seem to come across more often. Now at the college age I feel like it switched back to booze. Still see a lot of mj there as well but booze seems much more prevalent than mj in that age class.

That's about what I expected for an honest answer. Thank you for that. It strengthens my opinion that what we have been doing isn't working. Could your dog be trained to sniff out vape equipment as well as Weed and drugs and walk down a row of lockers in a school and sniff them out without opening them ?

GSD

That's about what I expected for an honest answer. Thank you for that. It strengthens my opinion that what we have been doing isn't working. Could your dog be trained to sniff out vape equipment as well as Weed and drugs and walk down a row of lockers in a school and sniff them out without opening them ?

I think teaching the dogs to sniff out vape juice would be difficult but not necessarily impossible. Mainly because the vape juice comes in so many different flavors that have different smells to it. But with some work I think it could possibly be done and have some success with it. Other problem is many of the kids don’t leave those things in their lockers they carry it on them. And that makes it difficult because we don’t train the dogs to sniff people. That’s actually something you have to be certified to do.

Now if we could train a dog that was used only in schools and have them get certified in sniffing people like they do at airports it might be an option. I think in the future I’d love to have a dog in the schools with our school resource officers at all times. I think that would be a huge deterrent to kids and also a good PR tool with them as well.

We do a ton of sniffs at the schools already between lockers, backpacks and cars parked on school grounds. Hard part is sniffing the schools is tough on the dogs. It’s a lot of work for the dog and they get bored after a short time. It’s a lot of work for them to sniff that large of area
especially if they aren’t finding much. Once they get a find it kind of recharges them just like a bird dog when they get on the scent of a bird.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this passes our state WILL turn into a liberal sh#thole. I mean really does getting a buzz really mean this much to sacrifice all that is good in this state? Lycan you mentioned all the tax revenue it would bring into the state because it’s still illegal in surrounding states. What kind of people do you think it’s gonna bring in if they are coming here to just smoke weed? Drug dealers will set up shop. This is friggen crazy. It really is. All for a buzz. It’s hardly worth it.

Last edited:

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back relationship you have with kids and the example we set. If parent is ok with cutting loose and doing different mind altering thing the kids will follow suit. Not necessarily with the same things however.

I dunno about that. I used to know two brothers that were raised by very good parents. Those two started smoking pot all the time and ended up being major POS for quite a while. One brother fled the state after a warrant was issued for him for possesion with intent to deliver. The other has a long rap sheet and ended up in jail in GA and not long after ended up in the pen here in ND for about 5 years for a whole bunch of charges. I really don't know but I think they both might be finally getting their lives straightened out but it only took them the better part of a decade to figure it out.

I've also known people that came from real shitty homes with bad parents that turned out pretty darn good.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep it really comes down to our own choices. But our parents are the biggest influences. Even if they are good intentions. Overbearing parents can also lead to destructive behavior. But it's still the kids choice.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think teaching the dogs to sniff out vape juice would be difficult but not necessarily impossible. Mainly because the vape juice comes in so many different flavors that have different smells to it. But with some work I think it could possibly be done and have some success with it. Other problem is many of the kids don’t leave those things in their lockers they carry it on them. And that makes it difficult because we don’t train the dogs to sniff people. That’s actually something you have to be certified to do.

Now if we could train a dog that was used only in schools and have them get certified in sniffing people like they do at airports it might be an option. I think in the future I’d love to have a dog in the schools with our school resource officers at all times. I think that would be a huge deterrent to kids and also a good PR tool with them as well.

We do a ton of sniffs at the schools already between lockers, backpacks and cars parked on school grounds. Hard part is sniffing the schools is tough on the dogs. It’s a lot of work for the dog and they get bored after a short time. It’s a lot of work for them to sniff that large of area
especially if they aren’t finding much. Once they get a find it kind of recharges them just like a bird dog when they get on the scent of a bird.

I wish we could tag people in posts like other gey social media sites but I can’t. So this has nothing to do with m3. I am very curious your opinion if any on the making a murderer thread on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting a local, level headed view from law enforcement would pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Gsd please don’t be Toby

First thing that popped in my head

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like I said in my first post I’m not here to argue with you or anyone else.I do that enough for a living with other people. I figured I could come on here and have a reasonable conversation with people about this.[/QUOTE said:
I didn't make it through your first post , I tried twice and gave up. There isn't much resemblance between it and the rest of your posts, Why is that ? It was/is a Red flag and a reason for skepticism about your credibility. Anyway what I did take away from it was your opinion and what I believe was your main point that M3 is so poorly written bla bla bla.

Our fearless leaders rewrote the whole medical MJ measure and totally annihilated it , So why couldn't they clean up some language in M3 ? Or even totally Annihilate it for that matter.

Why does our state approve and release a measure for enough signatures to make the ballot and then when it does get the signatures they turn around and say it's too poorly written and everybody jumps on the bandwagon ? Our fearless leaders are either not doing their job or they are treating citizens like puppets on a string or better yet both in my opinion. They are bending citizens over a barrel and have their way with them.

These are our public employees , They work for us , all of the citizens, Not just the ones they want to serve and throw the rest in the corner and screw them . If you have a better explanation I'd like to hear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful when choosing and defending what issues are ok for Government overreach.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Every politician that I have had the pleasure of knowing thinks their s--t don't stink.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I didn't make it through your first post , I tried twice and gave up. There isn't much resemblance between it and the rest of your posts, Why is that ? It was/is a Red flag and a reason for skepticism about your credibility. Anyway what I did take away from it was your opinion and what I believe was your main point that M3 is so poorly written bla bla bla.

Our fearless leaders rewrote the whole medical MJ measure and totally annihilated it , So why couldn't they clean up some language in M3 ? Or even totally Annihilate it for that matter.

Why does our state approve and release a measure for enough signatures to make the ballot and then when it does get the signatures they turn around and say it's too poorly written and everybody jumps on the bandwagon ? Our fearless leaders are either not doing their job or they are treating citizens like puppets on a string or better yet both in my opinion. They are bending citizens over a barrel and have their way with them.

These are our public employees , They work for us , all of the citizens, Not just the ones they want to serve and throw the rest in the corner and screw them . If you have a better explanation I'd like to hear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful when choosing and defending what issues are ok for Government overreach.

This is why I support term limits

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
I am sure I am going to get ripped for this but that is why I typically vote for the new blood in an election. Hoping to change the guard!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whether the bill is passed or not nothing will compare to the crime brought in by the oil boom. Human trafficking, prostitution, theft, drugs, murder, innocent people getting killed by trucks etc etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically we will have zebra mussels, dink’s galore, 80 percent bow success while the gun hunters can’t break 50 percent, no pheasants, lotsa muley doe tags, increasing property taxes while ND is pumping out 1.25 million barbells of oil per day, and grandma can’t get THC infused tea for her cataracts even though the residents of ND said that she could in the last election cycle.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whether the bill is passed or not nothing will compare to the crime brought in by the oil boom. Human trafficking, prostitution, theft, drugs, murder, innocent people getting killed by trucks etc etc etc.

Not only in ND , When prices soared Colorado had the same oil boom as ND had and people flocked there just like here. The difference is CO. had just legalized MJ . You can compare ND crime, driving violations and deaths to Colorado's crime, driving violations and deaths or any other statistics for that matter and the numbers are in line. The oil boom inflated CO. statistics way more than legalizing MJ did but it's being used to pull the wool over our eyes. That is a fact.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

So basically we will have zebra mussels, dink’s galore, 80 percent bow success while the gun hunters can’t break 50 percent, no pheasants, lotsa muley doe tags, increasing property taxes while ND is pumping out 1.25 million barbells of oil per day, and grandma can’t get THC infused tea for her cataracts even though the residents of ND said that she could in the last election cycle.[/QUOTE]

You do know that the stuff you were smoking prior to writing your post is still illegal in ND

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 268
  • This month: 225
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 79