Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assume your talking about me? I’m not on this site only for this one subject. I started following this site a while ago because I love to hunt and fish. I just decided to voice my opinion on this subject because I felt like maybe I could share my view of things because of what I do for a living.

A while ago ? you mean like this morning ?

[h=1]GSD
user-online.png

reputation_pos.png
[/h]

Join Date10-22-2018Current ActivityViewing Thread M3, yea or nay?Last ActivityToday 12:00 PMReport Entries

- - - Updated - - -

either way, I'm fine with it and welcome to NDA. I just have a hard time believing that a cop would openly admit being a cop on social media against this issue unless there is support and a head nod from your superior . I know I wouldn't .

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you ever worry about KARMA, or is criminalizing people for something so benign just a job for you? Im not anti LE at all, but I couldnt wreck lives over something so trivial, and criminal offenses do wreck lives...

You have said some dumb shit but putting this on some one else because of a decision that is known if you get caught your in trouble is bullshit. Its the law it’s not the cops job to decide what happens that goes to the states attorneys who makes the decision how to proceed. Maybe lay off the bong and know the process before running a guy down for doing his job. Karma has no problem with people doing the right thing. If it is passed then legal the cop will do the same and not arrest said pot head as it’s the law:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have said some dumb shit but putting this on some one else because of a decision that is known if you get caught your in trouble is bullshit. Its the law it’s not the cops job to decide what happens that goes to the states attorneys who makes the decision how to proceed. Maybe lay off the bong and know the process before running a guy down for doing his job. Karma has no problem with people doing the right thing. If it is passed then legal the cop will do the same and not arrest said pot head as it’s the law:

But Kurtr, it's benign and trivial...

sarcasm..

GSD

A while ago ? you mean like this morning ?

Yea I signed up this morning to post but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been following the site and reading previous posts that had nothing to do with this.

Like I said in my first post I’m not here to argue with you or anyone else.I do that enough for a living with other people. I figured I could come on here and have a reasonable conversation with people about this. I had my hesitations because I’ve seen how in other topics people get attacked for voicing their opinion on something. I wish we could sit down face to face and just talk rather than type all this crap out because most the time when others read what you’ve typed it can come across as condescending when that’s not how you meant it.

I made it clear that I respect everyone’s opinion on this matter but just felt I needed to get my personal opinion out there on this one. I’m not going to pretend like I’ve been posting on this site for years. I know how this all works and you can see I signed up this morning not like I was trying to hide the fact. I’m just a little wired this morning and needed something to do. I had a shitty night at work and had to tell a 4 year her mom passed away after I did CPR for 30 min among the other crap I dealt with all night. Marijuana isn’t my biggest concern it’s just the topic at hand.

So I’m sorry if you feel like I’m a rat

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize I didn’t see rest of your post at the way bottom about me admitting what I do for a living and getting permission from my superior. That’s why I am not saying who I work for. Just because I’m in law enforcement doesn’t mean I can’t have my own opinions on social media. These our my personal opinions and not my departments.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, the fact that weed needs to illegal under federal law is idiotic. Instead of pressuring the federal government to stop putting people in prison and let the states handle it themselves people are under the illusion they are voting for for a freedom. Sorry folks it's not legal until federal law says it is.

From what I see (read) The feds are staying out of the states decisions on this. That and you can probably drive to any bordering state and buy CBD off the shelf or for sure you can order it from other states. ND LEOs raided health food stores . To me that sounds like a state issue and not Federal. There was a post on here about a federal news release supposedly going to be released , I never did hear any more, What ever happened to that ? Fake news ?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

When you CHOOSE to enforce an unjust law, you dont get out of it just by saying you are 'doing your job'. Ever hear of Nazi Germany? Sure the police didnt create the law, and of course there is responsibility that carries over to many people in this situation, but every officer has the option of not enforcing a law they feel/know is unjust, just like jurors can find a defendant not guilty if they feel the law the person is being prosecuted for is unjust...

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
GSD No need to apologize, I respect your opinion and your service . My opinion is based the half truths and lies that I read from the anti M3 group. They are a hard bunch for me to gain much credibility towards.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have one more question though , I can't right now but I'll ask in a while .

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you CHOOSE to enforce an unjust law, you dont get out of it just by saying you are 'doing your job'. Ever hear of Nazi Germany? Sure the police didnt create the law, and of course there is responsibility that carries over to many people in this situation, but every officer has the option of not enforcing a law they feel/know is unjust, just like jurors can find a defendant not guilty if they feel the law the person is being prosecuted for is unjust...

you are going even farther in left field comparing a cop arresting some one for a known offense. Who are you to say it’s unjust law a dictator or something that’s not how it works we are a country of laws and if you don’t like them you go through said process to change them. I don’t want the cops to have to make that decision on what’s unjust or not I want them to do what the law says. Then a jury can decide if it’s unjust or not. What if a cop doesn’t think raping young boys is unjust you want them just to let the guy go? So in your world cops should have the power to be judge jury and executioner......

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dont worry gsd. These guys will beet (sorry beat wrong thread) you down until you feel like your opinion no longer matters. Even though you raise some new perspectives and valid points

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I see (read) The feds are staying out of the states decisions on this. That and you can probably drive to any bordering state and buy CBD off the shelf or for sure you can order it from other states. ND LEOs raided health food stores . To me that sounds like a state issue and not Federal. There was a post on here about a federal news release supposedly going to be released , I never did hear any more, What ever happened to that ? Fake news ?

That's the problem the Feds can't just not enforce the law. That's what has gotten us in most of our problems in the first place. The chief executive has been more and more able to decide which laws are real and congress gets a free pass because of it. The constitution gives the president a job and when he refuses to do it it's against the law. Immigration, guns, drugs, etc. all being ignored and giving the ones following the rules a bad name. If the law is wrong put the fire to the feet of congress and get it changed the right way.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member

Who are you to claim this is "unjust"? Your opinion of this should drive LEOs and what they feel is unjust? Then they are able to not enforce laws, made by those we elect or we vote on, because you feel it is unjust?

In the words of some NFL analyst...... cmon man.

GSD

Trust me I don’t take any of this stuff personal. I have no problems with anyone on here. These types of sites are for individuals to voice their own opinions on matters and we aren’t always going to agree with one another. Just because someone might not agree with something I have to say doesn’t make them wrong it’s just their opinion and they’re entitled to it. Especially on a matter such as this. I think M3 is a touchy subject and I expected to get some negative feed back from my post. But I just felt like it was info that might help someone see things from a different point of view. Like I stated before it’s just my personal opinion and doesn’t mean it’s gold it’s just how I feel about the subject.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
you are going even farther in left field comparing a cop arresting some one for a known offense. Who are you to say it’s unjust law a dictator or something that’s not how it works we are a country of laws and if you don’t like them you go through said process to change them. I don’t want the cops to have to make that decision on what’s unjust or not I want them to do what the law says. Then a jury can decide if it’s unjust or not. What if a cop doesn’t think raping young boys is unjust you want them just to let the guy go? So in your world cops should have the power to be judge jury and executioner......

Nice reversal, there is a big difference between someone punishing a person for doing something that isnt illegal, and not enforcing a law based upon their personal judgement. There are a LOT of laws that arent enforced, for various reasons, do a google search and youll find some examples of crazy laws that are on the books, but obviously havent been enforced in ages. Im guessing you think every crime should be enforced to the greatest extent possible, but very often police dont enforce the law to the letter, they do have room to use their judgement. For example, I was pulled over going 47 in a 25 just a couple weeks ago, I thought it was a 35 and apologized to the officer, he gave me a ticket for going 35 in a 25, $10 ticket and no points, was he a bad cop for doing this?

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pulled you over. He has better things to do. He should have just waved:;::;:stirthepot

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
GSD Based on your experience would you estimate kids under the age of 21 are using MJ or booze more ? Same question for adults , Is there any way to estimate what % each group uses booze VS MJ ? Not necessarily arrests but a general observation.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice reversal, there is a big difference between someone punishing a person for doing something that isnt illegal, and not enforcing a law based upon their personal judgement. There are a LOT of laws that arent enforced, for various reasons, do a google search and youll find some examples of crazy laws that are on the books, but obviously havent been enforced in ages. Im guessing you think every crime should be enforced to the greatest extent possible, but very often police dont enforce the law to the letter, they do have room to use their judgement. For example, I was pulled over going 47 in a 25 just a couple weeks ago, I thought it was a 35 and apologized to the officer, he gave me a ticket for going 35 in a 25, $10 ticket and no points, was he a bad cop for doing this?

never said they can’t use judgement you are wanting them to just disregard the law. If he would have gave you a ticket because of your incompetence is he a bad person I don’t think so. It’s your fault that you were speeding wasn’t it or is there a trick sign there that got you. I got caught drinking underage got a ticket I didn’t blame the cop I knew what I was doing was wrong even at 16. Pass the law and do it the right way. Not my state so no opinion on m3 but don’t think your helping the responsible people who have actuall legitimate arguments for it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The point about loosing your gun rights with a medical card is really the most compelling case for full legalization I think.

How is a yes vote on 3 going to change this when you go to purchase new guns?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm shaking my head like a cartoon character, and rubbing my eyes. I figure that for sure, I'm misreading what you're writing, or maybe I'm dreaming?

So, you feel that a cop should experience (bad) karma, when they bust someone for doing something illegal, because YOU think the illegal act is benign, and the laws are unjust, and the offense is trivial? Yes, those words are yours - "benign, unjust, and trivial".

So, the cop should decide him or herself, as long as it fits with YOUR opinion, whether or not they should enforce the law? It's malleable? To keep things in perspective, we are talking about illegal use/possession of marijuana. We are not talking about some 1812 law about shooting natives out of the back of a covered wagon.

You advise Kurt to do a google search, to find "crazy laws that are on the books but haven't been enforced in ages". And because of those laws, you think that a cop should look the other way, instead of busting someone for using an illegal drug?

Wow. Just, wow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 221
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 65