Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
What will be used to determine " driving under the influence "? From what I could find the states that have legalized it differ on their laws because there appears to be no standardized limits. California does not even have a THC limit but leave it up to the determination of the arresting officer. This might be one of those " be careful what you wish for" moments in regards to DUI with marijuana. If left up to the officer and his opinion only of a field sobriety test becomes a slippery slope. In ND you do not have to submit to a field sobriety test all they are trying to do is gather evidence of probable cause to require a breath or blood test ( you do have to submit to a breath of blood test if asked )

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many people are in rehab for alcohol vs marijuana? I bet there is not one person in a rehab center in the state of ND for marijuana.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Comparing weed to speeding is a poor and very false equivalency. Imagine treating every tiny traffic ticket like a DUI. Imagine two or three minimal speeding tickets getting you thrown in prison, being a felon, losing your right to vote, losing your right to firearms, to enter several countries, from getting a respectable job. There are many trucking jobs that rightly already treat traffic tickets like a drug conviction and I’m not saying that’s wrong, I’m saying that current laws that treat MJ like it’s heroin or enriched uranium are completely backwards and have a much worse impact on society than legalization would.

And the concern about drug dogs going to waste is the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard. So if SCOTUS finally tightens the rules around no-knock police raids that get innocent people and police killed, your argument will be, “but what will police do with all these battering rams!?!?” The dog problem is a small and VERY temporary problem.

I didn't compare speeding to weed. You did that on your own. I addressed the logic that if this measure is about freedom and someone feels not being able to smoke weed is an infringement on their freedoms then they must also feel speed limits are also an infringement on their freedoms as well as every other statute that prohibits a certain behavior. Reread my post.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it’s all legal I’m opening a soup kitchen for all the hippies. And since it will be legal there will be weed in the soup.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What will be used to determine " driving under the influence "? From what I could find the states that have legalized it differ on their laws because there appears to be no standardized limits. California does not even have a THC limit but leave it up to the determination of the arresting officer. This might be one of those " be careful what you wish for" moments in regards to DUI with marijuana. If left up to the officer and his opinion only of a field sobriety test becomes a slippery slope. In ND you do not have to submit to a field sobriety test all they are trying to do is gather evidence of probable cause to require a breath or blood test ( you do have to submit to a breath of blood test if asked )

Behind the scenes of every major need there are companies racing to build the best new product. Most if not all fly under the radar . We are just in the beginning process here in USA. The old saying goes, Build it and they will come applies This is one of the products out there.

[video=youtube;3dlA_e7ZGHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=75&v=3dlA_e7ZGHE[/video]

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Breathalyzer technology should focus on testing for opioids. Just think of the pills being taken by drivers while they text. Prosecutors let most opioid driving cases go because they have prescriptions. But let’s focus on marijuana while society’s real issues are ignored.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one in the video I posted tests for 5 or 6 drugs , This type of technology is commonly used in today's world and I'd say it will be refined to the point of feasibility and accuracy comparable to a diabetic testing his blood sugar with a home test kit that sells for less than 10 bucks.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one in the video I posted tests for 5 or 6 drugs , This type of technology is commonly used in today's world and I'd say it will be refined to the point of feasibility and accuracy comparable to a diabetic testing his blood sugar with a home test kit that sells for less than 10 bucks.

It still goes back to what the level of THC is considered to be under the influence and without a set limit any amount could be considered
" under the influence"

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many people are in rehab for alcohol vs marijuana? I bet there is not one person in a rehab center in the state of ND for marijuana.

many are addicted to the lettuce and stuck in neutral under-achievement mode because of it

- - - Updated - - -

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grand forks paper just had an article that says so far the anti groups have raised over 110k but the measure 3 groups have raised 11k. Anyone who wants this to pass should consider donating if you can and talk to as many people as possible to inform them of the truth. Much lies being spread by Wefald and his crew. Scheels donated 10k, not happy about that at all...

The positive side of Wefald and his crew spreading lies is that the majority of the people know they are lies. The majority also realises the way laws were placed on the medical MJ measure can be compared to a dictatorship government. The more they keep making shit up and twisting facts the more supporters that normally wouldn't vote will be determined to make it to the polls and vote.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
many are addicted to the lettuce and stuck in neutral under-achievement mode because of it

- - - Updated - - -

The same could be said for booze....pretend I’m good at computer stuff and posted the whiskey lullaby video....grin

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It still goes back to what the level of THC is considered to be under the influence and without a set limit any amount could be considered
" under the influence"

This is how Canada is dealing with the situation. They are very strict on DUI compared to USA, I'd like to look into the statistics of their alcohol related accidents sometime and compare them to US statistics. Our state is putting so much effort and money fighting MJ related measures that I doubt they have a rational clue how to handle the situation when it passes. I personally think they should spend more time loading the wagon and less time worrying about the mule.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...adas-new-drugged-driving-rules-actually-work/

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
several of my daughter’s high school friends are very lost due to need for weed all day

I never said booze isn’t an issue as well - but so what if it is? the subject at hand is weed

- - - Updated - - -

(my daughter is 27)

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
No idea what your daughters friends went through but I'll go out on a limb and say there is a good chance if they smoked a lot of weed they have probably smoked some pretty toxic shit in their day due to lack of quality control. Weed in the 60s and 70s was laced with angel dust , the new age dealers can just buy some bath salts and mix in . As long as we have a need for weed in North dakota there will be underground weed that is probably unsafe for human consumption . Make it legal and tax it and the underground market will move to another state. That way when our youths decide to experiment they won't be smoking a joint laced with rat poison or something. Think safety and quality control , Even if you are of the opinion that anyone that uses is a lost soul I think we at least owe them that much respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Another big misconception about measure 3 is that the ones in favor want to get blitzed out of their minds. That might be true with some but there are a lot of people that want CBD and little if any THC. I doubt many underground dealers grow and try to peddle CBD but I could be wrong. No way in hell can the average person afford or even desire to apply for and use medical MJ the way it has been set up by the state.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would be the artificial stuff like bath salts.

M3 doesnt cover anything that doesnt occur naturally in the cannabis plant. Bath salts are completely artificial and dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

several of my daughter’s high school friends are very lost due to need for weed all day

I never said booze isn’t an issue as well - but so what if it is? the subject at hand is weed

- - - Updated - - -

(my daughter is 27)

Addicts are addicts and will continue to be whether m3 passes or not. One difference is if it passes there will be increased quality control and the $ they are wasting on their addiction will be taxed and hopefully funneled into productive services instead of buying dealers new wheels for their ride. Also hopefully some of the money currently spent on criminalizing addicts could be routed into treatment services to help them break their habit.

- - - Updated - - -

The positive side of Wefald and his crew spreading lies is that the majority of the people know they are lies. The majority also realises the way laws were placed on the medical MJ measure can be compared to a dictatorship government. The more they keep making shit up and twisting facts the more supporters that normally wouldn't vote will be determined to make it to the polls and vote.

I wish this were true. Most people in ND, especially older people who vote religiously arent very computer/internet savvy. Likely they will read the propaganda being sent to every house in ND and believe at least enough to affect their vote. Hate to say it but it would be great if HH came out supporting this, both for her election and the chances of this passing. If she could energize young voters, odds of this passing would go up substantially. Downside is she might actually be elected if she were to do that!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If you knew anything about addiction or marijuana you would realize that most addicts are addicts because of the drug they are addicted to, with the exception of HIGHLY addictive drugs like heroin or opiates. Addicts to MJ, which is not very addictive, no where near as addictive as caffeine and nicotine, are addicts due to having an addictive personality, not because of the drug they are using...

- - - Updated - - -

" under the influence"

I you research the DUI law, youd realize there doesnt need to be a 'measurable level of intoxicant' to be arrested for dui, all you need to do is fail a sobriety test and the officer needs to think you are intoxicated. You can get a DUI for any number of legal substances with no test for, like nutmeg...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get a DUI for any number of legal substances with no test for, like nutmeg...

Nutmeg ?, I'll have to google that one , it came as a surprise . I remember my mom telling how Vanilla was abused during the alcohol prohibition days. Not sure if it was Mexican Vanilla or not. lol

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Section 5 Letter N has crossed out "synthetis equivalents of the substances contained in cannabis".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 232
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 55