Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Legal opioids are already being done by people in your lives that you would never imagine. Be careful to throw such judgment around when the real issue at hand is LEGAL synthetic opium. I bet almost everybody knows of someone local or family or friend that is mixed up with pill shopping at doctors or stealing them. The doctors have their hands tied. Legal marijuana for recreational or for pain is such a tiny fraction of a social issue compared to the opioid crisis. It’s kinda like worrying about Wisconsin cheese people ice pirating your spot when there’s already zebra mussels in the lake.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^this^^^^^ well put KDM

I have never been to Alaska. Someday I hope to head there for a hunting trip. Since marijuana is legal there should I be concerned about trusting people who are providing goods and services?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talking with a banker and it his understanding everything will have to be cash deal because it is still illegal on the federal level and they have federal regulations that they will have to follow. It not likely you can get a loan to start your federally illegal business or even have a bank account associated with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The dogs they have now are trained in mj along with other drugs so these present dogs will be useless for drug enforcement and the Bismarck police said it costs around $ 20,000.00 for a new dog.
correct. But they add new dogs frequently. Williston is adding two more in the new future. And the current one is probably going to be retired due to the severe accident she was just in. There will just be a transition period like there is with most things

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have never been to Alaska. Someday I hope to head there for a hunting trip. Since marijuana is legal there should I be concerned about trusting people who are providing goods and services?[/QUOTE]

Yep I wouldn't trust a guide who is on something that may slow his judgement/reaction of a charging brown bear!!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grand forks paper just had an article that says so far the anti groups have raised over 110k but the measure 3 groups have raised 11k. Anyone who wants this to pass should consider donating if you can and talk to as many people as possible to inform them of the truth. Much lies being spread by Wefald and his crew. Scheels donated 10k, not happy about that at all...

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm voting no, but am for the legalization. I'm not a fan of the "clean record". You did something illegal, it should remain there. I read the bill the other day and legalization also includes manufactured canaboids. That stuff is bad.
It's legal in Canada in a week. Go up there if you want some green with your greenbacks.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm voting no, but am for the legalization. I'm not a fan of the "clean record". You did something illegal, it should remain there. I read the bill the other day and legalization also includes manufactured canaboids. That stuff is bad.
It's legal in Canada in a week. Go up there if you want some green with your greenbacks.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never been to Alaska. Someday I hope to head there for a hunting trip. Since marijuana is legal there should I be concerned about trusting people who are providing goods and services?

Yep I wouldn't trust a guide who is on something that may slow his judgement/reaction of a charging brown bear!![/QUOTE]

So Alaska is larger than most countries in the world and marijuana has been legal for a very long time there. Wouldn’t that be the ultimate case study to show the data of what happens to a society where possession and use of marijuana are legal?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what you mean by 'manufactured cannaboids'. This wouldnt cover anything artificial, are u talking about bath salts?

Muley14

Founding Member
Founding Member
After reading through the thread I have a couple comments
1. I'm confused by how the legislature apparently screwed up medical marijuana but now those in favor of M3 are admitting there are problems with it but say the legislature can fix it. However it goes into effect in 30 days so the legislature doesn't have a chance to fix it in session. Imagine the uproar about the wasted tax dollars if there was a special session to fix it. For what it is worth I was told by a legislator who was strongly against medical, that they wanted to the measure to stand as written because it contradicted itself in so many different places it would collapse on itself.
2. It seems like all the proponents of measure 3 are advocating that if passed, opioids would no longer be a problem. Then I hear that marijuana should be legalized just because it is so readily available now. These two statements seem counter intuitive to me, using these two pieces of information I don't know why we have a current opioid problem. I have always understood marijuana to be the first drug used - not the last.

A couple other things I have been told:
- There are no special taxes
- There are no restrictions on when, where or how much it can be used or sold (other than under 21)
- This repeals the medical marijuana - meaning it would be illegal for those under 21 for medical use
- There are no provisions for actions under the influence

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
Booze is a drug, so the differences between them are irrelevant to my argument. Anything that adversely affects performance or decision making, be it MJ, booze, coke, heroin, meth, or whatever, is NOT something I want people providing goods and services to me and my family having access to or using. Making access to an additional substance that affects the aforementioned easier, is not a good thing in my opinion. I don't want the electrician wiring my house to be taking hits before or after working in my house. Nor do I want the carpenter to be sipping on a flask. All of these substances adversely affect motor skills, reflexes, brain functions, and many other functions of the human body. To argue that drug use, booze or otherwise, has had a positive impact on society is ludicrous.

You forgot the big legal two in there, caffeine and sugar!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
If nothing else, it's been six pages of relatively good as well as civil discussion. I will never smoke it cause of my job. But, i'm a yes.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate to deliver the bad news but........drs, lawyers, other professionals are already doing what they want to do. Measure 3 has nothing to do with that. Look at construction......I've never met a framing crew that didn't have tokers on it. Every trade, people smoke. It's a really bad deal that people's opinions are based around shit they've been told or heard but yet never experienced in their life. They'd feel border line retarded after they smoked a doob and then realized the wool has been pulled over their eyes for 60 years.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Framing, painters, drywall, concrete, siding, roofing, etc...

And a surprising amount of professionals who aren't subject to pee tests. I think most would be surprised to find out how many people they come in contact with everyday smoke from time to time. Sure some might smoke during the day. But, a lot of folks use responsibly after work or on weekends or socially on occasion. Once you get past the 20 something's, the stereotypical stoner, hippy, pothead becomes the exception. Not the rule. Tis my experience.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Booze is a drug, so the differences between them are irrelevant to my argument. Anything that adversely affects performance or decision making, be it MJ, booze, coke, heroin, meth, or whatever, is NOT something I want people providing goods and services to me and my family having access to or using. Making access to an additional substance that affects the aforementioned easier, is not a good thing in my opinion. I don't want the electrician wiring my house to be taking hits before or after working in my house. Nor do I want the carpenter to be sipping on a flask. All of these substances adversely affect motor skills, reflexes, brain functions, and many other functions of the human body. To argue that drug use, booze or otherwise, has had a positive impact on society is ludicrous.

I 100% agree with you. But let's flip the tables. What If there was a measure to make alcohol illegal? We would all be complaining about the government taking away our freedoms our rights to make our own decisions. I know I would. I know one is legal and one is not but besides that what makes alcohol more socially acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

Framing, painters, drywall, concrete, siding, roofing, etc...

And a surprising amount of professionals who aren't subject to pee tests. I think most would be surprised to find out how many people they come in contact with everyday smoke from time to time. Sure some might smoke during the day. But, a lot of folks use responsibly after work or on weekends or socially on occasion. Once you get past the 20 something's, the stereotypical stoner, hippy, pothead becomes the exception. Not the rule. Tis my experience.

I know or have known plenty who have responsibly used even Dr's. Yet it's usually alcohol that makes one regret the night before. Hence I've been around it so much I feel like I should enjoy it. It's never been the case but enough to try.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
They’re gonna legalize marijuana but won’t allow culling in Bass tournaments?!? That’s gayer than a bag full of KY jelly at Boy George’s house.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I 100% agree with you. But let's flip the tables. What If there was a measure to make alcohol illegal? We would all be complaining about the government taking away our freedoms our rights to make our own decisions. I know I would. I know one is legal and one is not but besides that what makes alcohol more socially acceptable?

If you agree, then what are we discussing? As far as the tables being flipped, as I said before, anyone using alcohol prior to working for me or providing me with a service is just as undesirable as using other drugs, so the legality of each is of relatively little importance to me. Both have negative impacts on society, but I didn't have a say in the repeal of prohibition. I do have a say in the legalization of MJ and I plan to say it. As far as freedom is concerned, I'm just as free to be against this as you are to be for it. To use that logic would be to argue that speeding is an infringement on my freedoms to go fast if I want to or that any statute for that matter that prohibits some action is an infringement on your freedoms. You are still free to do those things, but society has put penalties on those behaviors should you be caught doing them. With respect to alcohol use being more socially acceptable, I'm not sure of that's true given the DUI stigma and correlating social penalties associated with overuse of alcohol such as job loss, probation, and the like. If this passes, I'm not going to move to another state or anything like that, but will put voice to my thoughts and not support this measure.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you agree, then what are we discussing? As far as the tables being flipped, as I said before, anyone using alcohol prior to working for me or providing me with a service is just as undesirable as using other drugs, so the legality of each is of relatively little importance to me. Both have negative impacts on society, but I didn't have a say in the repeal of prohibition. I do have a say in the legalization of MJ and I plan to say it. As far as freedom is concerned, I'm just as free to be against this as you are to be for it. To use that logic would be to argue that speeding is an infringement on my freedoms to go fast if I want to or that any statute for that matter that prohibits some action is an infringement on your freedoms. You are still free to do those things, but society has put penalties on those behaviors should you be caught doing them. With respect to alcohol use being more socially acceptable, I'm not sure of that's true given the DUI stigma and correlating social penalties associated with overuse of alcohol such as job loss, probation, and the like. If this passes, I'm not going to move to another state or anything like that, but will put voice to my thoughts and not support this measure.

Comparing weed to speeding is a poor and very false equivalency. Imagine treating every tiny traffic ticket like a DUI. Imagine two or three minimal speeding tickets getting you thrown in prison, being a felon, losing your right to vote, losing your right to firearms, to enter several countries, from getting a respectable job. There are many trucking jobs that rightly already treat traffic tickets like a drug conviction and I’m not saying that’s wrong, I’m saying that current laws that treat MJ like it’s heroin or enriched uranium are completely backwards and have a much worse impact on society than legalization would.

And the concern about drug dogs going to waste is the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard. So if SCOTUS finally tightens the rules around no-knock police raids that get innocent people and police killed, your argument will be, “but what will police do with all these battering rams!?!?” The dog problem is a small and VERY temporary problem.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 233
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 55