• Nay!

Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Leagalizing marijuana will not get rid of the stuff being sold on the street. It will just make it cheaper more accessible for lower income and teens. Just look at opioids. It's very difficult to walk into a pharmacy and by them but if you know the right people you could probably get some off the street for way less the what they are worth. Depending on supply that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Example being. Do you think the people overdosing on prescription drugs get it from their drs. And if they do I'm sure they are not overdosing

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leagalizing marijuana will not get rid of the stuff being sold on the street. It will just make it cheaper more accessible for lower income and teens. Just look at opioids. It's very difficult to walk into a pharmacy and by them but if you know the right people you could probably get some off the street for way less the what they are worth. Depending on supply that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Example being. Do you think the people overdosing on prescription drugs get it from their drs. And if they do I'm sure they are not overdosing

The only thing I know about opioids is they are a product of big pharma companies and they are addictive as hell. People take them for whatever reason and they feel good so they crave more. The FDA knew this was happening years ago and they ignored it. That is the power of the Pharmaceutical industry and the incompetence of the FDA. CBD pills are just the opposite, They have been stripped from the shelves here in North Dakota by the good old boys that know what is best for us peons. Go back and read the CBD thread on here or anywhere on line about the claims of CBD helping people to the point of getting off opioids and the light might turn on.

You can believe what you want about the underground weed dealers , I don't have facts to back up my claims other than what I saw on the news in Salt lake city. We should at least consider a healthy alternative from an approved producer is way safer that the underground market. Weed is not going away so there might as well be quality controlled safe products available and make it known to our youth that the underground market is far worse than a controlled market. Kinda like kids having sex , You can't stop them but at least make damn sure they know about the risks and have safer alternatives available.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.register-herald.com/news...cle_372397df-96c3-5ebe-961c-7b1b02f2b3b6.html

Last edited:

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The only thing I know about opioids is they are a product of big pharma companies and they are addictive as hell. People take them for whatever reason and they feel good so they crave more. The FDA knew this was happening years ago and they ignored it. That is the power of the Pharmaceutical industry and the incompetence of the FDA. CBD pills are just the opposite, They have been stripped from the shelves here in North Dakota by the good old boys that know what is best for us peons. Go back and read the CBD thread on here or anywhere on line about the claims of CBD helping people to the point of getting off opioids and the light might turn on.

You can believe what you want about the underground weed dealers , I don't have facts to back up my claims other than what I saw on the news in Salt lake city. We should at least consider a healthy alternative from an approved producer is way safer that the underground market. Weed is not going away so there might as well be quality controlled safe products available and make it known to our youth that the underground market is far worse than a controlled market. Kinda like kids having sex , You can't stop them but at least make damn sure they know about the risks and have safer alternatives available.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.register-herald.com/news...cle_372397df-96c3-5ebe-961c-7b1b02f2b3b6.html

1. Same could be said about pot or booze.
2. No such thing as a healthy alternative
3. Just because something illegal is rampant and "feels good" doesnt mean we should legalize it. I bet these were the same types of conversations going on during prohibition.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Same could be said about pot or booze.
2. No such thing as a healthy alternative
3. Just because something illegal is rampant and "feels good" doesnt mean we should legalize it. I bet these were the same types of conversations going on during prohibition.

The only thing I will change on my opinion is the word healthier VS the word healthy, I stand corrected on that . That said , I stand behind everything else I have posted on this topic simply because of the way the state is handling medical marijuana and not because it "feels good" Nothing more ~Nothing less and I'm not trying to argue. Why do you think the person that wrote that article was stoned when they wrote it ?

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I always thought if you didn't like what your representative was doing to either vote for someone else who's views better suit the majority or run for office. Not change the constitution to get illegal substances legal.

And when did I say anything about the author of the article being stoned?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always thought if you didn't like what your representative was doing to either vote for someone else who's views better suit the majority or run for office. Not change the constitution to get illegal substances legal.

And when did I say anything about the author of the article being stoned?

I stand corrected once again, Obi was the guy that question should be directed at.

That might be how you have always thought but I have always thought it's better to take the quickest path with the least resistance.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will go down like Doe tags and devils lake dinks. Haha night night.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

do u see a lot of dealers selling tobacco and alcohol products on street corners? obviously legalizing will eliminate black market dealers unless it is excessively regulated driving prices up.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What makes you think a product that is illegal at the federal level will not be heavily regulated.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member

- - - Updated - - -

I know some people who smoke a lot and live in legal states. The black market cant compete with the state. I guess when you buy small amounts the price is about the same, but you get good, known quality strains from the state. When you buy a little more in bulk you get a huge price break. Now I also know some people who dabble into the pills. They pay 5-10 bucks a pill for stuff like oxi, much greater then what you pay for in the pharmacy.

campchef

Honored Member
I’d rather be sitting in my deer stand but this topic needs to be looked at from another angle. Follow the money, who stands to profit? Tobacco, alcohol, big pharma, gov’t, cartels? All of the above.
Tobacco and alcohol want to keep market share.
The illegal drug trade flourishes .
Lobbyists control our Gov’t. example, North Dakota farmers should have been growing HEMP for years but the cotton lobby has worked overtime to keep that from happening.
But big pharma has gotten caught outside the mix. They need time to catch the wave and develop Hemp infused products that actually work. The same can be said for Pepsi and Coca Cola who are now researching ways to infuse soft and juice drinks.
I’ve watched Pharma stocks grow substantially in the last year. A little research reveals substantial R&D in Marijuana and Hemp.
So, while the nay sayers fret about drug tests, kids gettinghooked, employee productivity, etc. Just remember whose pockets are being lined or soon to be lined when miraculously Mary Jane will be welcome in some form or fashion.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pepsi and Coca Cola who are now researching ways to infuse soft and juice drinks.

Great, what harm could that do?

Teacher/Parent: "hey, what are you drinking?"

Typical kid: "Just a Coke. Here... smell it. See? No alcohol. So bugger off."

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 232
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68