Man missing in Heart River West of Mandan

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last summer a 56 year man drowned in Metigoshe in late June. The water temps were in the high 60's. It took 5 days for his body to bloat/float and be recovered. If this person is in/underwater with river water temps near freezing it may be late spring before his body is recovered.

Just sayin'.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough situation to be sure. If he's gone, there's a wife, potentially children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren who experienced a terrible loss. I feel for them. Yes, we're all gonna die, but..

Anyhow, I wasn't gonna comment, but I just gotta say that if it were any of us, I'd hope someone in this community wouldn't find ways to joke about it.

We all know that hindsight is perfect. The guy obviously made a mistake.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know how far from town the boat was found? I'll keep my eyes open when I head to the farm.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last summer a 56 year man drowned in Metigoshe in late June. The water temps were in the high 60's. It took 5 days for his body to bloat/float and be recovered. If this person is in/underwater with river water temps near freezing it may be late spring before his body is recovered.

Just sayin'.

He was my old boss...sad deal

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wish the best for the family so that closure can occur. May our Lord God give them the strength and comfort during this difficult time. May Gods perpetual light shine upon their loved ones soul to join him in eternal life. Prayers to the family!!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was my old boss...sad deal

It happened out in front of the cabin next to us and a good friend saw the pontoon running with no one on it. He put one of his passengers on it and brought it over to the neighbors and we tied it up and called the sheriff. This was on Saturday night. Thursday morning his body was recovered right out in front of the cabin where we had tied the pontoon up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55