Mille lacs BASS Angler of the year

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It was rough out there on Mille Lacs today. Stephen Browning's boat was totally out of the water!!

Stephen Browning at Bassmaster Elite TOYOTA AOY Championship @Lake Mille Lacs, Minnesota 2016
Canon EOS 1DX / Canon EF 300mm 2.8L IS

http://seigosaito.com/2016/09/stephen-browning/
http://fotoman.jugem.jp/?day=20160916

Stephen Browning, BASS, LIVETARGET Lures, Z-Man Fishing Products, Mercury Marine, Triton Boats, Lew's, MotorGuide, St. Croix Rods, Gamma Fishing, Wiley X, Jewel Bait Company, OPTIMA Batteries, Plano, Raymarine, Frabill, Power-Pole® Shallow Water Anchor

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you would troll with 8 fly rods. Is that still considered fly fishing

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hence no trolling in bass tournaments. Buck Perry didn't just have walleye in mind. The need to fill a cooler with meat is a different animal; it's whatever works. Fly fishing can often produce better results than conventional tackle BTW.

Sometimes I feel bad at local trout lakes when I'm hammering nice trout on a size 12 nymph while some dad and his kids can't buy a bite on live bait or mepps. Its not really something you can go give them and let them catch fish as well. Hopefully I haven't diminished to many young lads superhero vision of they're dad.

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are catching lots of nice walleyes with their bass lures.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once the kids eat a trout they won't be to disappointed

Kids don't care about eating, they care about catching. I don't keep the trout either, or most of the fish i catch. Ive been fishing 39 days since open water, If i kept and ate every fish I caught id have gills by now and probably Mercury poisoning.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big storm rolling into the area right now,might be a short day if the lightening kicks in.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kids don't care about eating, they care about catching. I don't keep the trout either, or most of the fish i catch. Ive been fishing 39 days since open water, If i kept and ate every fish I caught id have gills by now and probably Mercury poisoning.

Not the kids i take fishing they want to catch and eat. Don't fish in shitty water you won't get Mercury poisoning.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not the kids i take fishing they want to catch and eat. Don't fish in shitty water you won't get Mercury poisoning.

Haha they all have mercury. You might want to check the Oahe recommendation for children under 15. This is for ND, I'm sure the river gets more Mercury the further south it goes. Happy eating ;)
http://www.ndhealth.gov/wq/sw/Z7_Publications/FishAdvisory.pdf

Also notice those little stars about not eating fish over a certain size. Another reason to throw those piggies back. May also explain why guys who refuse to release them can no longer process the thought of how it may be beneficial to the fishery;:;popcorn

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The jury is out on total mercury BTW. It's how much your body absorbs and then expels that matters.

Selenium is a "mercury antidote" and is normally found at high high enough concentrations in most fish (and other foods) to deal with an occasional bump in mercury intake.

http://www.environment-hawaii.org/?p=7948

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha they all have mercury. You might want to check the Oahe recommendation for children under 15. This is for ND, I'm sure the river gets more Mercury the further south it goes. Happy eating ;)
http://www.ndhealth.gov/wq/sw/Z7_Publications/FishAdvisory.pdf

Also notice those little stars about not eating fish over a certain size. Another reason to throw those piggies back. May also explain why guys who refuse to release them can no longer process the thought of how it may be beneficial to the fishery;:;popcorn

Maybe if you North Dakota people would let some over 20 go Oahe might have some bigger fish:;:deadhorse

Good thing all I catch is 14 inchers. Maybe that's why my 11 year old is 5'10" and 130 pounds to much Mercury.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just having a little fun with the Mercury thing. Have a good weekend gentlemen. I'm off to the badlands to go shoot a spike muley with my bow...herd management!:::

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you would troll with 8 fly rods. Is that still considered fly fishing

What would it be called if they're trolling flies? Don't make me burn this bitch down.

Sorry for the quote theft Guy. You know what they say about imitation.

- - - Updated - - -

th

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93