My moose.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting bored with rifle hunting, it's just too easy to sit back and shoot things at 300-500 yds, so a little challenge helps keep it interesting.

Well, that and I can't draw a damn ML deer license, so I needed a large target to shoot at in the meantime for practice.
Love it.
I too am getting bored with rifle hunting, almost a zero interest for me anymore, other than them effn yotes.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting bored with rifle hunting, it's just too easy to sit back and shoot things at 300-500 yds, so a little challenge helps keep it interesting.

Well, that and I can't draw a damn ML deer license, so I needed a large target to shoot at in the meantime for practice.
To keep boredom at bay I used different rifles each year, home cast bullets, handguns etc. I'm thinking about a creedmoor tang sight for my 45/70 falling block. I am considering the father's day Quigley shoot at Forsyth, Montana.

Founding Member
Founding Member
How awesome is that! Big congrats and with a patch and ball, you are in very very rare company with that accomplishment! Well done!(y)(y)(y)

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks everyone for all the kind words, especially those on my having used the ML. I do have one small confession though, given the size of my quarry and their reputation for being able to put the smack down on people...I did also carry a sidearm, just in case. Last thing I wanted was to take a butt whooping from an adult bull moose I angered. I didn't need to wield it, but it provided comfort to me as I was hunting solo.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those interested, here are a couple pics of the gun case I made from my elk hide. I singed the hair to remove the longer guard hairs and have been really pleased with how it turned out.

1000001014.jpg

1000001016.jpg

Only thing I would do different would be to put a carrying handle on it.

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks everyone for all the kind words, especially those on my having used the ML. I do have one small confession though, given the size of my quarry and their reputation for being able to put the smack down on people...I did also carry a sidearm, just in case. Last thing I wanted was to take a butt whooping from an adult bull moose I angered. I didn't need to wield it, but it provided comfort to me as I was hunting solo.
A real man would have just whittled a stick and poked him with it…

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 421
  • This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 66