ND PSC Denies Summit pipeline

Wallyworld

Not always so straight forward when it comes to who stands to profit/benefit from a given project. The state of North Dakota earns a pretty sizable sum in royalties and taxes from oil production. It would be perfectly reasonable for the State to want to see a project like this move forward enough to help fund/support the project. Increased domestic production benefits every U.S. citizen, this suggests the federal taxpayers are also interested in seeing projects like this which may increase production and tax revenue.

Hell, let's face it...there's even a bit of national defense argument that can be made now that Uncle Joe has cut the national oil reserve in half. If we didn't learn anything from the 70s other than how quick the Arabs can cutoff the oil taps, that would be enough for me.
Your reasoning sounds more like a politicians as to what's better for the State as to what's better for the individual as what our US Constitution was founded on. The government doesn't always tell us the truth like we all know! The corruption runs deep!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really don’t understand why there are opponents to this pipeline. Eventually nearly all rural/semi rural people will have a pipeline in or close to their back yard. I have two in my back yard/on my property. Not an issue. A saltwater or oil pipeline could concern people but I can fathom a co2 pipeline would. Unless I’m missing something

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
I really don’t understand why there are opponents to this pipeline. Eventually nearly all rural/semi rural people will have a pipeline in or close to their back yard. I have two in my back yard/on my property. Not an issue. A saltwater or oil pipeline could concern people but I can fathom a co2 pipeline would. Unless I’m missing something
People that are OK with having a 24" CO2 pipeline with over 2100 PSI in their back yard should do some research on the hazards of CO2 and watch this video.....

ice head

Founding Member
Founding Member
This CO2 isn't going to be used for enhanced oil recovery, it's going to be sequestered. We are "lucky" to have the geology in North Dakota to be the dumping ground for this crap, Summit and their investors are looking to cash in on the taxpayers.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
We have high pressure natural gas lines all over
Pretty much all of the people in ND want and need natural gas to heat their homes and appliances. No person in ND can use this CO2 waste product for anything. It is total garbage dumped on us here in ND to make some elite people or corporations rich while subjecting the people to the risks and costs involved! Glad it got shut down for now and hopefully for GOOD! Watch the video please!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much all of the people in ND want and need natural gas to heat their homes and appliances. No person in ND can use this CO2 waste product for anything. It is total garbage dumped on us here in ND to make some elite people or corporations rich while subjecting the people to the risks and costs involved! Glad it got shut down for now and hopefully for GOOD! Watch the video please!
I was simply pointing out the high pressure was nothing new

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your against North Dakotans making money unless it’s the ones you want to make it?

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Your against North Dakotans making money unless it’s the ones you want to make it?
Ha, ha!!!! You need to educate yourself. Less than 1% of north Dakotans would benefit from this money laundering scheme. If you feel john boy needs more money, just send it to him directly from your account. This is a California pipe dream. Liberal spending at its best.

FlatTopPete

Established Member
My family and I are landowners in the path of the proposed pipeline. Here are some of the facts surrounding the pipeline.

- they want a 99 year easement.
-payments to landowners are a 1 time thing. It is NOT an annual payment to landowners. Payments are substantial but not life changing.
-there must be a minimum of 4ft of dirt on top of the 24” pipeline.
-the easement is for the movement of CO2 only. If they ever want to change products, they must re-negotiate easements with landowners.
-we have been told that the CO2 will be sequestered in the ground and not used for anything else. However, many of us personally feel that is not the full truth.
-many landowners aren’t in favor of this “green” project but also feel we are going to be forced into this one way or the other. There is too much money invested into this by too many powerful ppl for it to be stopped.

*last I heard ND was about 60-70% signed up

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha, ha!!!! You need to educate yourself. Less than 1% of north Dakotans would benefit from this money laundering scheme. If you feel john boy needs more money, just send it to him directly from your account. This is a California pipe dream. Liberal spending at its best.
Oh so your one of the 1% haters. Got it

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My family and I are landowners in the path of the proposed pipeline. Here are some of the facts surrounding the pipeline.

- they want a 99 year easement.
-payments to landowners are a 1 time thing. It is NOT an annual payment to landowners. Payments are substantial but not life changing.
-there must be a minimum of 4ft of dirt on top of the 24” pipeline.
-the easement is for the movement of CO2 only. If they ever want to change products, they must re-negotiate easements with landowners.
-we have been told that the CO2 will be sequestered in the ground and not used for anything else. However, many of us personally feel that is not the full truth.
-many landowners aren’t in favor of this “green” project but also feel we are going to be forced into this one way or the other. There is too much money invested into this by too many powerful ppl for it to be stopped.

*last I heard ND was about 60-70% signed up
Would you be opposed if it’s removed and reinjected into the ground?

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh so your one of the 1% haters. Got it
Yes, I hate john hoeven and burgum and any other politicians trying to enrich themselves off of the tax payers through this scam. I hate liberal Republicans

I bet the vacuum salesmen loves knocking on your door

Wallyworld

It would be nice if people would educate themselves and do some research before spouting off about how great CO2 is and how safe it is to run a 24" high pressure (over 2100psi) pipeline within 7 miles and upwind from a high consequence area with 100K + population. Seems some people are either greedy or just ignorant!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88