Ndsu 5 straight?

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they survived poor clock management and play calling down the stretch. Way too many passes and snapping the ball with 10 seconds left on the play clock when you have the lead they did. But, that's still a helluva win!

I totally agree with you but with momentum why not try to run up the score. It can surely turn on ya but in this case, they came out alright! Grats to the team from the north!! Wentz' stock sure went up today. Predicted to be the 22nd pick in the NFL draft prior to the game by: SB NATION

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...am-fcs-championship-playoffs-time-tv-schedule

AND their new slogan for next year> STICK FOR SIX!! (SIX PACK)

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad I was wrong about Wentz starting. Also glad they played vintage Bison football in the first half. Smack you in the mouth straight ahead until you don't want to tackle anymore. That second half was a gong show but fun stuff anyway. I think I'll get into some grown up beverages tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I was wrong about Wentz starting. Also glad they played vintage Bison football in the first half. Smack you in the mouth straight ahead until you don't want to tackle anymore. That second half was a gong show but fun stuff anyway. I think I'll get into some grown up beverages tonight.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

you took the words right out of my mouth!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
From a "game conditioning" standpoint, I don't think I could start Wentz. Can't have the O leader out there testing how well he's healed in the championship game when he hasn't taken a game-time snap in ~2Mo. He's a leader, he's been "there" before, he's an amazingly gifted athlete, he'd garner some unbelievable excitement and more importantly NOISE from the fans, and I still don't think I could start him. It's got nothing to do with how well his replacement has played or who's earned what, it's simply an untested injury and the lack of having to make plays and decisions at the speed of playoff football. If his injury has healed such that he's cleared to play, I'd certainly have him in pads on the sidelines though.

In retrospect, the above was abject stupidity. Clairvoyant amongst football goings on, I'm not.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this game was going to be a lot closer in score. NDSU just totally dominated JSU today. I was happy to see that the Bison kicker came to play too. They are going to come back next year with a really good team too.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this game was going to be a lot closer in score. NDSU just totally dominated JSU today. I was happy to see that the Bison kicker came to play too. They are going to come back next year with a really good team too.

+1 about the kicker. He should be feeling good moving forward. As irritating as kickers are a team needs a good leg. Nice to see all the support he was getting on the sidelines. Really shows what Bison football is about and that the young men buy into it.

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too late, but watching this game gave me an idea for what UND should have had for a nickname. "The Fighting Cocks" and the logo could be two Cock Pheasants fighting it out.

Would have been better than the Fighting Hawks which is weak and lame.

- - - Updated - - -

They should've changed there names to the Big Cocks and had Ron Jeremy as there mascot.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
+1 about the kicker. He should be feeling good moving forward. As irritating as kickers are a team needs a good leg. Nice to see all the support he was getting on the sidelines. Really shows what Bison football is about and that the young men buy into it.

And coach stood behind him; gave him the confidence to move forward. Did well under the circumstances this weekend. And a "baby face" too. He's just a youngster; sconi too!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was shocked to see the Bison control the entire game. If I were a guessing man, I would have placed a guess closer together; 27-24 as a final score. At half-time I was even leaning toward 'the game is over' mentality. Once NDSU took possession after a fumble/interception in the third quarter, that was the nail in the coffin. GAME OVER..... 22-minutes remaining.

Congrats to Carson and the boys. Enjoy your post-collegiate life, or the NFL (if you should end up there).

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
He is NFL caliber because of a weak QB class this year. Would be good to see him play in he NFL but he will prob be just a scout team QB.

They better sit him if he goes for 3 three and outs. Stick with stick.

Ill put money on that he starts atleast one game in the NFL, hes way more than a scout team QB. If you think that than obviously you haven't watched him play enough

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37