New FBO in "a few days"

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone excited for this?

I've decided to settle in here at NDA, just like the people better.

Is FBO too little too late, or will it come roaring back?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing to mock: This place is also dead for hours. I know. I have no life.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure it will be great for those that like to talk politics and argue for 100 pages of nonsense.

JoGa

Founding Member
Founding Member
its about the people, not the tech in the site

sticking with nda

BX2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too little too late. Their who gives a shit what you people want. its our way or the highway, attitude didn't sit to well with me. I might check in from time to time. but don't plan on posting. none of their crap was ever directed at me but saw enough of it to decide this place is better than they'll ever be. more than one mod should of been fired . just my idiotic opinion.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too little too late. Their who gives a shit what you people want. its our way or the highway, attitude didn't sit to well with me. I might check in from time to time. but don't plan on posting. none of their crap was ever directed at me but saw enough of it to decide this place is better than they'll ever be. more than one mod should of been fired . just my idiotic opinion.

Couldnt agree more! Have been back to that site! I cruise here often don't post much! Love the ND news tab get me local fix quick with that! Nice touch!

- - - Updated - - -

Should read haven't been back

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
All trolls on FBO. Like GST and Plainsman. They just try to bait people with
the religion and politics bullshit. I don't post much either, probably because I
don't feel I'm that great at hunting or fishing.

Thank you to all of you that do post tips, etc.

Icumpd

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am on the FBO a lot still I don't post often but I occasionally enjoy the forum topics. In my opinion they are trying and hopefully they get it straightened out. I still wouldn't say this site is that much better then FBO. I haven't seen anymore real tips on things to help the average person out on this site.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last I looked over there a majority of the threads had nothing to do with hunting or fishing and almost all of them were started by the mods. I don't mind the political stuff really but it looks like it's now mod driven politics.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fbo had crash after crash it irritated me worse then toby. V has done a good hob. I have yet to have an issue with this site. I disagree with the poster above saying about tips. So far the members habe provided alot of info tips and reports. V is an intregal part of this site as he helps drive those threads and reports

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with you shorthairs. I have to politely disagree with you icumpd. The only commonality between the two sites are the fact that it's a website based on North Dakota outdoorsman. The simple fact that there are a number of members that didn't make the transition makes this site that much better. The software is up to date AND Vollmer listens to the members. If you don't think nda is light years ahead of FBO then you can stick around there and discuss the current political hot topics and read whatever stupid topic Joan has started.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's going on now?
is there something fun I once again am missing out on

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I check the site out when I'm at work; can't access this one. Same old negative bullshit over there. Same people taking anything posted as either too literal or placing words in your mouth. And it's not just Plainsman and GST.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I quit lookingat FB a ccouple years ago because the fishing reports sucked... that's really the only reason I'm here... i never once posted to FB but trolled around it from the beginning

Icumpd

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with you shorthairs. I have to politely disagree with you icumpd. The only commonality between the two sites are the fact that it's a website based on North Dakota outdoorsman. The simple fact that there are a number of members that didn't make the transition makes this site that much better. The software is up to date AND Vollmer listens to the members. If you don't think nda is light years ahead of FBO then you can stick around there and discuss the current political hot topics and read whatever stupid topic Joan has started.

I will agree that the software is better and more up to date here. However the people that have joined this site and FBO are not that different. In my opinion its still the same, if you are part of the "click" so to speak people are willing to chat with you and help a guy out, if not then the average person won't get much out of either site. Lets think about this just for a moment this site has a experience, and a reputation scale. Now the guy who just trolls and occasionally wants some input on things will be ignored just the same on this site as any other site. Do I like this site? Yes there are some good things going for this site. I am just not sure its that much different. My opinion.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reputation has nothing to do with starting a topic to get some help. How many times have you read a topic with vague information such as "heading to sakakawea to get the wife and kids on some walleyes. Where should we go?" Id be much more reluctant to help if I knew that person contributed to any other topic but to each their own. If you want to lurk around on websites to get the best fishing knowledge and not contribute then I don't feel the least bit sorry. We can't help if you don't ask. I haven't once looked at your reputation to see if I should respond.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I will agree that the software is better and more up to date here. However the people that have joined this site and FBO are not that different. In my opinion its still the same, if you are part of the "click" so to speak people are willing to chat with you and help a guy out, if not then the average person won't get much out of either site. Lets think about this just for a moment this site has a experience, and a reputation scale. Now the guy who just trolls and occasionally wants some input on things will be ignored just the same on this site as any other site. Do I like this site? Yes there are some good things going for this site. I am just not sure its that much different. My opinion.

I think most are willing/wanting to help everyone, especially the average Joe that checks in from time to time.

What's better than family? A big family!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't say this to make it "us vs them." Rather, I think a compliment must be paid to Vollmer for nailing it when he built NDA. The fact that you up and created a new website because you saw a product and said, "I can do it better." You literally put FBO on notice. That's quite an accomplishment.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like it here better. I got caught in the "pirate" wars over there a few years ago and really haven't been back there since. On here, IS and MFF I'm SeisMec over there I was bottombouncer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74