Nitro zv21

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my boat from a guide up at devils lake, he used it for 3 months, then sold it to me for about a 40% savings on new. I got a boat set up with all the top end stuff already in it, and a few extras I would likely have not bought, and saved a ton. Still warranty on everything, trailer was only used to put it in and out so the tires still had the knobblies on them, tarp was never used as he kept it inside.
I would suggest to anyone not wanting to blow the big bucks go this route, new boat for used price.

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just sold my 2015 Nitro ZV-21 to a guy from Minot. It has the 350 on it. It is a amazing boat. Large comfortable and in the rough stuff it is 2nd to none. Sub-Elect is going to order next years model from me in his custom colors and electronics and get it next fall. You guys in the Bismarck/Mandan area will be the first to see next years 2016 model on the river. Looking forward to it!!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i looked at one time, but can't you get one of these pretty taco'd up for bout 20 to 30k cheaper than the comparable big 3??? was thinking bout 55 to 60ish???

even 25% off a total of 60 would be 45... that's a lot of boat, 1 year old, for 45k... and i bet they pay closer attention to their past problems than anyone else... just sayin...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
nope they are pretty close to the price of a real glass boat. And I think you'll take it in the shorts quite easily on re-sale.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone has to take a chance on them. I think they have got a lot of crap ironed out. I have 3 friends with them. One guy has it as a personal boat and maybe 50 hours, another has had his and has 400 hours on it, and Newgard has just sold his with 73 hours on it. Any problems they have had were little, and easily fixed. All three have had no problems with the hull itself. Solid boats so far. Looking forward to ordering mine through Newgard in January. We have to iron out a few details but I should get it after he is done running it around this time next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are all zv21's and another friend has a zv18 and other than it being a bit lack luster in the performance area, he sounds happy as well.

TVolkZV

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2014 zv21 as far as having the family in it we have 4 of us and a 85 pound dog all the time and fish comfortably like that. i just hit 450 hours on it this month and the only problem i have had is the minn kota which i would not own it it didnt come with the boat. i like the set up and the storage on the boat and plan on staying in this boat for a long time to come if you are looking at buying one and want to climb around on one or if we can get out on one just pm me i live in Minot.

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen a lot of ZV's running around up on Devils Lake this year!! They are gaining ground more and more every weekend it seems. July 3rd running from North of Grahams down to the ramp I passed a Warrior 2090 and a 2075 Pro-V like they were standing still in about 3' waves. Extremely comfortable to say the least. I thought about slowing down for them and breaking wake but my nephews wanted ice cream!

2 weeks ago I went out with a group of 6 different guide boats. 2 Tritons, 1 Stratos, 1 Ranger 620, a 19'aluminum Lund and myself. I was the last to leave the dock at Grahams headed to Pelican. As I approached the Golden Highway I passed everyone else as they were breaking wake for each other. The ZV cruised by about 30mph as they all watched in awe. Clients were comfortable and dry and made the comment a few times. Last ones out and first ones to the spot wow!!

They are awesome boats and showing up in droves for a reason!! If you're in the Devils Lake area and want a ride send me a PM.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like they ride well and the fact you can put a 350 on it is pretty cool. IMO they are kinda butt ugly though.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like they ride well and the fact you can put a 350 on it is pretty cool. IMO they are kinda butt ugly though.

Yeah, they need to get rid of that big "21" for sure. There standard color palates are also not really to my taste, but with the custom color options a guy could find something to work.

Either way get rid of the big "21"

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, they need to get rid of that big "21" for sure. There standard color palates are also not really to my taste, but with the custom color options a guy could find something to work.

Either way get rid of the big "21"

Yeah, it's mostly the decal.

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, you want a smaller font size?? You could remove the sticker if you don't care for it. I like it personally.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, you want a smaller font size?? You could remove the sticker if you don't care for it. I like it personally.

Is it a decal? If so, no big deal, a guy could just remove it. I was assuming it was built into the gel coat.

Also for clarification, I wouldn't let it stop me from purchasing the boat if the boat was going to meet my needs otherwise.

Sounds like mostly positive reviews coming from the owners. That's always good for the industry, and who knows maybe in a few years I can afford one on the used market!

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes very ugly and paint options suck. but they are amazing in rough shit

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like 'em, and I wants one. I do hate the 21 sticker and might need to upgrade to white rim sunglasses if I am able to buy, might make the 21 sticker more legit.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24