Nitro zv21

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like 'em, and I wants one. I do hate the 21 sticker and might need to upgrade to white rim sunglasses if I am able to buy.

The best would be sitting in the drivers seat when a guy yells "Nice boat, how long is it?". Your eyes then shift down and to the right while gesturing with your hand "Well, uh, I am pretty sure it's 21 feet…maybe?". Ha ha

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes very ugly and paint options suck. but they are amazing in rough shit

You can make any color/style you like. The stock colors are ok but the customs are really sharp. I receive numerous compliments on mine. I've had friends that are dropping me in comment on the heads that turn. Its one of those things though. If I had a red boat the buyer would want blue and vice a versa. To each their own. Until you ride in one it's really just here say. I'm as brand loyal as the next guy. However when something performs better especially for less money I'm the first to swallow my pride and enjoy the upgrade!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keith kavajezc just posted video of him driving one in Canada and he had top speed of 64 mph with 3 guys, camera gear and 35 gallons of gas
Ole Keith he sure likes to giggle.

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 2016 didn't have any physical changes. Just a couple minor upgrades to the dash and a blower fan for the front storage. This allows you to throw your wet rain gear away turn on the fan and it will dry out. No more taking your rain gear inside to dry out and forgetting it the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

The best would be sitting in the drivers seat when a guy yells "Nice boat, how long is it?". Your eyes then shift down and to the right while gesturing with your hand "Well, uh, I am pretty sure it's 21 feet…maybe?". Ha ha

You have no idea how many clients ask that question.....

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
There seems to be a few owners and knowledgeable people on the Nitros and other boats here so can you tell me what is the deal with the weight. Anyone have real world #'s?

Yarcraft 219TFX - 2200 lbs
Ranger 621FS - 2295 lbs (approximate boat weight - single console)
Warrior V21-21DC - 2340 lbs - (Only 20'8" in length and shorter beam)
Skeeter WX2190 - 2775 lbs (standard boat weight)
Nitro Z21 - 2900 lbs (approximate weight)
Lund Pro V 219GL - 3000 lbs (standard boat weight - full windshield)

Everyone makes it seem like the Z21's are tanks and heavy, but after looking up the other weights they aren't the only ones in that range.

Does Yarcraft and Ranger really have a 700lb less boat or are they playing with there numbers there? I mean the 621FS says single console - can you even get a 621 in a single console?

I have heard the Nitros have additional balsa-core in the sides of the boat which adds some weight, does this set the ZV apart from others or is this seen in other manufacturers?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys have been telling me my ranger 620 is heavy so it is hard to tell what's what. One thing is for sure we don't want a real lightweight fiberglass boat in big waves. The weight is at least part of the reason fiberglass is so smooth, that and hull design

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stupid question, but what are the respective price rankings and ranges for the above listed boats? Obviously, similarly equipped.

I know a guy who put a tad over $70k into a 186 Lund Tyee GL. That seemed like a lot to me but I didn't inventory his options for electronics, kicker, etc.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are gonna push a Lund 21 footer over 80k with top of the line electronics and all the bells and whistles. Approach 90k for a 21 foot Ranger. High 70's for a Skeeter, and high 70's for a Nitro. Not sure about Yarcrafts.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stupid question, but what are the respective price rankings and ranges for the above listed boats? Obviously, similarly equipped.

I know a guy who put a tad over $70k into a 186 Lund Tyee GL. That seemed like a lot to me but I didn't inventory his options for electronics, kicker, etc.

That's an insane price for that boat. I had 3 friends buy that same boat with a 200 vrod and kicker, terrova and 2 nice graphs for 43K brand new out of Wis. last year

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
No way shorthairs, they want $3,095 for shipping and dealer prep. That's a deal breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

That's an insane price for that boat. I had 3 friends buy that same boat with a 200 vrod and kicker, terrova and 2 nice graphs for 43K brand new out of Wis. last year

Yeah, I kind of thought it seemed high. Knowing the fella who wheels it around for nearly 40 years, I would not be a bit surprised if he didn't pad the telling price for his own ego.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There seems to be a few owners and knowledgeable people on the Nitros and other boats here so can you tell me what is the deal with the weight. Anyone have real world #'s?

Yarcraft 219TFX - 2200 lbs
Ranger 621FS - 2295 lbs (approximate boat weight - single console)
Warrior V21-21DC - 2340 lbs - (Only 20'8" in length and shorter beam)
Skeeter WX2190 - 2775 lbs (standard boat weight)
Nitro Z21 - 2900 lbs (approximate weight)
Lund Pro V 219GL - 3000 lbs (standard boat weight - full windshield)

Everyone makes it seem like the Z21's are tanks and heavy, but after looking up the other weights they aren't the only ones in that range.

Does Yarcraft and Ranger really have a 700lb less boat or are they playing with there numbers there? I mean the 621FS says single console - can you even get a 621 in a single console?

I have heard the Nitros have additional balsa-core in the sides of the boat which adds some weight, does this set the ZV apart from others or is this seen in other manufacturers?
800 lbs between the yar and the Nitro is a shit pile of weight. In composites, it actually takes a lot more money to build a lighter/stronger boat. Heavy doesn't mean stronger with composites necessarily.

fishman

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the initial cost so high on all the new boats, I'm sticking to the proven boats that are of highest quality and resale down the road. my choice is the 2190 skeeter

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never weighed my boat, but I also don't intend to put it on a lift so it's not much of a concern of mine. I can tell you on Saturday afternoon on Devils Lake when the weather got nasty we ran from the North side of Grahams to the ramp and went by numerous boats of similar size of varying brands. Part of me felt a bit guilty as we drove past them in the big stuff but I also knew that everyone we went past was one less to wait for at the ramp. It all worked out pretty good for us. Still got rained on while waiting for the truck as there was a long line as everyone was trying to beat the rain and storm but it beat the heck out of being out on the flats as it rolled through. I heard there was 4 people that had to be rescued on Saturday because of that weather. I don't know which type of boat they were in or what exactly happened but it got nasty quickly. Sounds like everyone was ok. Maybe some more structure on the bottom of Devils Lake to bobber on!!

The ZV-21 in rough water is seriously 2nd to none. The way you can run and the speed you can run impresses me each time we have to do it.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never weighed my boat, but I also don't intend to put it on a lift so it's not much of a concern of mine. I can tell you on Saturday afternoon on Devils Lake when the weather got nasty we ran from the North side of Grahams to the ramp and went by numerous boats of similar size of varying brands. Part of me felt a bit guilty as we drove past them in the big stuff but I also knew that everyone we went past was one less to wait for at the ramp. It all worked out pretty good for us. Still got rained on while waiting for the truck as there was a long line as everyone was trying to beat the rain and storm but it beat the heck out of being out on the flats as it rolled through. I heard there was 4 people that had to be rescued on Saturday because of that weather. I don't know which type of boat they were in or what exactly happened but it got nasty quickly. Sounds like everyone was ok. Maybe some more structure on the bottom of Devils Lake to bobber on!!

The ZV-21 in rough water is seriously 2nd to none. The way you can run and the speed you can run impresses me each time we have to do it.

But how long can you do it without damaging the hull? 1 year, 5 years, 15 years? With Trackers track record id be a bit concerned, ill let you guys test them for another 5 years:;:thumbsup

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
But how long can you do it without damaging the hull? 1 year, 5 years, 15 years? With Trackers track record id be a bit concerned, ill let you guys test them for another 5 years:;:thumbsup

You do realize there is a number of boats under the umbrella Johnny Morris/Bass Pro Shops including Ranger, Triton, Stratos etc? Tracker is one brand along with Nitro as another. W

hen you can run in at 35mph versus other similar models going 20 mph and you're comfortable it says a lot. I'm not trying to start a conversation about whose boat is better, faster, shinier. What I'm stating is facts ride is ride. I get to spend more time on the water than most. I've been in most major boat brands 20' models in rough water. There is a reason you are seeing more and more of these Nitro ZV-21 and ZV-18 rigs every weekend. There is growing following and a justified reason for it.

Also I know it's easy to pick on Tracker as a discount brand. Years ago they did have warranty issues and as far as I understand they could have handled them better. However I believe they have addressed this and now if you compare the aluminum brands such as Lund, Tracker, Alumacraft etc you will see that Tracker offers the best and most comprehensive warranty in the industry.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it because pro-staffers run the shit out of them for a year and sell them at whore house prices :;: kinda

- - - Updated - - -

I got a buddy who runs the 18 they are shaped like a killer whale and eat waves up, he could use smooth move seats imo you do feel a little bit of the jar that happens with shorter boats not laying the keel deep into the next wave, but the boat is so wide they are a joy to ride in with two guys tourney load they run 47-51mph, have tons of room and the fit and finish is pretty decent, but they seriously shouldn't sell that boat with a mark5 or elite 5 lowrance as the standard graph

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do realize there is a number of boats under the umbrella Johnny Morris/Bass Pro Shops including Ranger, Triton, Stratos etc? Tracker is one brand along with Nitro as another. W

and RANGER!!!

- - - Updated - - -

if you follow walleye central ---- Lund is now the tracker of yesterday --- before somebody was always ranting on tracker --- now its lund --- as soon as morris picked up Ranger boats -- you don't hear a bad word about tracker anymore.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 65
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 22