No licenses for non landowners

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is not a lottery for gratis deer tags. If they get the app in before the deadline they get a tag for any legal deer. If they get it in after the deadline the tag is only good for a doe. If a landowner puts in after the deadline and there are no tags left anywhere in the state, a tag will not be issued.

i am not so sure that is the case in units like 2E where gratis applications exceeded allotted tags. i guess i could be wrong. but, i heard numerous stories of landowners in 2E who got their applications in and did not get a gratis tag this year. i any other unit where there were more tags than gratis applications, i know they don't end up in their own lottery and are guaranteed a tag. but, in 2E for example, they gave out 300 buck tags. had to have been more than 300 gratis applications. maybe they gave out more tags than were allotted. but, that seems unwise.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
And instead of counting deer in each unit i heard Jeb on the radio advertising advisory meetings in mountain lions last week.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I held the door open 4 different times for people in Minot today. I got two thank yous.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am not so sure that is the case in units like 2E where gratis applications exceeded allotted tags. i guess i could be wrong. but, i heard numerous stories of landowners in 2E who got their applications in and did not get a gratis tag this year. i any other unit where there were more tags than gratis applications, i know they don't end up in their own lottery and are guaranteed a tag. but, in 2E for example, they gave out 300 buck tags. had to have been more than 300 gratis applications. maybe they gave out more tags than were allotted. but, that seems unwise.
I've never heard of that happening. what does law/regs say about it?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 203
  • This month: 171
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58