No more messing with the clock in North Dakota

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
somebody mentioned go to work earlier to someone who works outside or something like that. response was daycare isn't available that early i think.

Yeah I just reread the posts and noticed that. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could make their own hours at work?!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of 4 kids we only needed daycare for about half days or less. Wasn't the huge racquet it is now. Coworker has 2 kids and spends $$$ for them to be in, to the point that his take home after all the expense is negligible.

I am not sure I could swing it myself, wouldn't want to pay what they charge now, not saying it isn't worth it, but wowsers.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

Feather if you really think Daycares are making boookuuu bucks your dreaming. I hated paying daycare - but i knew i had to and I also knew they were not exactly getting rich off from me. no comparison to verizon.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
every housewife I have known of in the past 20 years, had the absolute messiest house, least home cooked meals, and dirty little bastards running wild.
mrs johnr would work a full time job, keep the cleanest house, went to graduate school, and raised 4 kids, all while i was busy hunting, fishing, and drinking ice cold Busch Lights..

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
..........mrs johnr would work a full time job, keep the cleanest house, went to graduate school, and raised 4 kids, all while i was busy hunting, fishing, and drinking ice cold Busch Lights..

Sounds about spot on for my household! I feel like I might be minorly more helpful than you, I'm guessing the misses would disagree however. I also prefer Whisky over bush latte's ;:;boozer, lol

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update is past due but north dakota killed the bill to make day light savings time permanent that is all

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update is past due but north dakota killed the bill to make day light savings time permanent that is all

This is too bad. I clicked on the thread and didn't see that it was old news until about a page in. What a noob move on my part!

I thought I remembered it being killed but hey a guy can hope....

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Retire, time does not mean nothing anymore.
Get up when we get up and go to bed when we go and do whatever with no consideration of the time and it is great. Look at sun more now for time. Could never go back to work again. Never.

Just like our last, long bike ride. Going west on HWY 2 and wife said we should take a longer trip, Stop bike, turn around, got some clothes, monies, headed east and after a few days ended up in Wisconsin with no real reason. But did get my primers and scope for my muzzle loader there as scheels told me i will never find in north dakota. Finally shot five rounds today.

Found that we need to find some kind of clock that, in the morning, tells the number of the day and what day of the week it is. In time, that will no longer matter either. Hopefully, in a much longer time, i will have no idea about anything.

Life is finally really, really good when one gets old. Just wish it would last longer and we had started sooner with that end of life. db

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Retire, time does not mean nothing anymore.
Get up when we get up and go to bed when we go and do whatever with no consideration of the time and it is great. Look at sun more now for time. Could never go back to work again. Never.

Just like our last, long bike ride. Going west on HWY 2 and wife said we should take a longer trip, Stop bike, turn around, got some clothes, monies, headed east and after a few days ended up in Wisconsin with no real reason. But did get my primers and scope for my muzzle loader there as scheels told me i will never find in north dakota. Finally shot five rounds today.

Found that we need to find some kind of clock that, in the morning, tells the number of the day and what day of the week it is. In time, that will no longer matter either. Hopefully, in a much longer time, i will have no idea about anything.

Life is finally really, really good when one gets old. Just wish it would last longer and we had started sooner with that end of life. db

I just recently heard about a clock just like that db.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since this thread is off the rails entirely...

We pay about $800 per month for daycare for one kid. Paid about $1100 a few years ago, when the two older ones were both in daycare.

Worth every penny. My wife and I both work, and neither of our parents have been saddled with any (of OUR) kids.

If I don't die the day after I retire, I'm not interested in watching someone else's kids full-time. I get that they'd likely be grandkids, but if that day every comes, when I have nothing to do, I'm going to do nothing zestfully.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

We pay about $800 per month for daycare for one kid. Paid about $1100 a few years ago, when the two older ones were both in daycare.

Worth every penny. My wife and I both work, and neither of our parents have been saddled with any (of OUR) kids.

If I don't die the day after I retire, I'm not interested in watching someone else's kids full-time. I get that they'd likely be grandkids, but if that day every comes, when I have nothing to do, I'm going to do nothing zestfully.

Same.

There's a trend lately where many of our retired (or soon to be) friends follow their college age kids/family to whatever town they move to when they leave college.

Yep - sell the house and move to same town as the kids' family. I'm a bit baffled by this trend.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

so roughly 200 a week. That’s about 70 more a week than we charge here. Prices are going up as grocery bill had went up by 20% easy. It’s hard to want to keep doing it when you know you take more home working at taco John’s.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
so roughly 200 a week. That’s about 70 more a week than we charge here. Prices are going up as grocery bill had went up by 20% easy. It’s hard to want to keep doing it when you know you take more home working at taco John’s.

Yup, for one child, about $200 per week. Works out to be about $5 per hour. I sure can't stay home, for that.

Worth every penny.

Next year, when she goes to school, WE'LL BE RICH!

Ahem, the oldest is in high school. College is around the corner. We won't be rich. But money ain't everything.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know people have often asked us where our kids are, we tell them and they ask us why didn't we move by them.
I just say they are on their own now and we don't need to know what they are doing or what they are up to. Do we miss seeing them, of course we do. But if they want or need us, we are just a phone call away.
When our kids were young if we needed Gramps and Grandma to watch them, we paid them for their time. Didn't ask, just paid them as we paid everyone else that would watch them when we needed them to.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88