November witch 40 years ago today

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spine shivers indeed. Always liked the song but it's a tough listen.

LITREOFCOLA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw the recovered ships bell at the Great Lakes ship wreck museum at Whitefish Point Michigan, it is an extremely interesting place to go to, but definitely has an ominous, sad vibe.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake Superior scares the crap out of me. just a cold, massive body of water. really like visiting duluth, north shore, and bayfield areas though. lots of cool history.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like then northeast corner of Minnesota is somber all over.

My father's side of the family is from Chisholm. I spent many days up there though my youth and teenage years, fishing at the lake my grandparents lived, and hunting the woods around them.

When I was little, that area was still bustling. Lots of businesses going strong. Iron was doing well, considering the high-grade stuff was mined out. And logging and paper were in high demand.

Now...it's a ghost area. High unemployment. Businesses closed down and shuttered.

Sure, Duluth is doing fine. Always will. It's self sustaining now, sort of like Fargo.

But the industries that built northern Minnesota -- logging and mining -- are mere husks. And so are the people who relied on them.

I like to go up and visit now and then, but can't stay for too long. Makes my heart hurt too much.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake Superior scares the crap out of me. just a cold, massive body of water. really like visiting duluth, north shore, and bayfield areas though. lots of cool history.

It's been shark free for quite some time as well. Thumbs Up

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's an underwater film with a SMB swimming around it. How far down is she, like 300ft?!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12