Now we see why those Tourney Sak weights are so big

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m still going to fish some tournaments even though I know this stuff goes on. Takes a little wind out of the sail though.

- - - Updated - - -

65439716_3006606076048733_8545088952971821056_n.jpg
Now do you guys understand my shirt?

Jesus H. Christ, and here we have a guy who is so brazen about it that he's even sponsored by one of the trap manufacturers.

For the love of all that's holy...check out that shirt!

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not just fishing it in predator hunts as well. Weather they have other people helping them or out in a field running Coyotes down is the norm for all the coyote hunts. And it will never stop till they have a neutral person involved. I have always said its tough to beat a cheater.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
After seeing this, makes me glad I don't partake in fishing tournaments, waste of time, money...I fish to eat and for my own enjoyment.
Don't need to be validated by winning a tournament just to say I'm better than everyone else at fishing and walk around with your chest way out.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I can speak for myself and a select few that winning a tournament is great, but the competition is what brings me back. Some people enjoy a simple day out on the water, which I do as well. I just like to put my skills (or lack thereof) to the test every once in a while. I should just start taking my entry fees and buy pull tabs.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind if they banned tournaments all together, but with the money involved I think they're here to stay.

They are a bastardization of what fishing should be.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know. I'm assuming a bay like that would be pretty busy pre fishing and during a tourney. How would they pull that off without being noticed.

Asking for a freind...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not just fishing it in predator hunts as well. Weather they have other people helping them or out in a field running Coyotes down is the norm for all the coyote hunts. And it will never stop till they have a neutral person involved. I have always said its tough to beat a cheater.
Yup coyote tourneys are a joke too, heard some pretty unbelievable stories about winner nailing twice as many dogs over second place or the entire tourney entry's, but they had no way to prove it.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, it's highly unlikely that I'll ever fish a tournament (see smack talk thread), but I don't mind that people do.

Sheesh, if you don't like them, just move on.. No big deal.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cut in the road up at devils lake --- never was said who the contractor was that cut it --- sssshhh all for da money$$$$$$$

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit at first I thought some one drown there dog I was pissed. This is a way better outcome

bowhunter88

Established Member
I don't know. I'm assuming a bay like that would be pretty busy pre fishing and during a tourney. How would they pull that off without being noticed.

Asking for a freind...

from what i heard it was a small bay outside of hazen bay and way back up in the bay. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to sneak in there while everyone is racing to their spots.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Asking for a freind...

How do you know what bay it was found...I read the OP 3 times did I miss something? I know on Oahe there are plenty of bays, especially on the SD side that go way back and no one fishes walleye back that far in them. I would be pretty easy to do on Oahe, especially with the water levels as high as they are.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahah that shirt is funny! Heard about cages being found before... dumb

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's crazy that there are several competitions that are like this. We hunted a pheasant tail contest a couple years ago. Two man teams, and you measured four birds I believe. The limit is three, so my brother and I were very selective of what we shot. I think we ended up fifth, but then we hear all these people saying they hunted with a group of 8-15 people and measured their best four. Was disheartening for sure. It did make us feel better with how well we did on a little piece of land, with an old dog, and only two guns.
To me these contests are a thing of pride and sportsmanship. I have met many friends fishing tournaments, and love it. We won a fishing tourney a few years back. We made a long run, caught our nine fish (tourney was catch nine, weigh six) by 12:00. Slowly made a run back. Called in, loaded around 1:00, drained livewell, went up and waited for them to set up scale, weighed our fish, and put the fish back in the livewell with ice on them to donate to a charity that was coming to clean fish. When the people taking the fish to clean showed up, we brought our fish over to them to donate. Some others had weighed by then and saw the fish were pale from being on ice. The following week we hear rumors that the winners were cheating because there is no way someone had beat the field by 3+ pounds. If we were going to cheat, why in the hell would have we quit fishing at 12:00? What about all the guys that show up with their nine fish right at check in time? They all caught their last fish right at the end of the day? Some of these things make me mad, but I guess if they are that desprate to win, they must feel the need to do this. Demo derbys, hunting/fishing contests, big buck contests, poker tournaments, ect.. all have cheaters. We as competitors just need to be policing ourselves, and turn people in if you see something that isn't legit. I like the idea of polygraphs, but in the smaller tournaments, I would guess it is cost prohibitive. I hope for these people that karma is a bitch.

limit2winit

Established Member
Sad part is, this isn't the only form of cheating that goes on. If your using a cell phone to call somebody and get info on a bite during the tournament, your just as much of a cheater as the guys putting fish in the kennel IMHO. Just makes it that much sweeter when you do good knowing you didnt cheat.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anyone has competed in Goosefest out of Kenmare knows why every two man team must provide a "Checker" which is a person that their name is drawn by another team to go with them and make sure there is no cheating, and vise versa... Just another option to keeping the cheaters honest.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anyone has competed in Goosefest out of Kenmare knows why every two man team must provide a "Checker" which is a person that their name is drawn by another team to go with them and make sure there is no cheating, and vise versa... Just another option to keeping the cheaters honest.

Not a bad idea, but its pretty hard for tourney directors to find the manpower to have say have 100 'checkers' for a 100 team fishing tournament.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84